• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Love & Thunder Spoiler Thread

Him catching the attack is a very good feat but he did so with difficulties, it was mostly a feat of reflexes and speed and Zeus was only shot because he was distracted (you see him with his arms wide open, eyes closed and saying something right before he was shot so while he was clearly intending to harm him, he didn't take Thor that seriously). The feat is still good and should be noted but we shouldn't openly say Thor > Zeus, especially since Zeus barely does anything and doesn't even really fight, he just throws his weapon and does not directly engage so we don't know how strong he really is (though he's clearly past his prime)

HOWEVER, a good supporting feat of Thor being actually comparable to Zeus is him breaking Zeus's lightning restrains, which Zeus created himself

Him catching the attack is a very good feat but he did so with difficulties, it was mostly a feat of reflexes and speed and Zeus was only shot because he was distracted (you see him with his arms wide open, eyes closed and saying something right before he was shot so while he was clearly intending to harm him, he didn't take Thor that seriously). The feat is still good and should be noted but we shouldn't openly say Thor > Zeus, especially since Zeus barely does anything and doesn't even really fight, he just throws his weapon and does not directly engage so we don't know how strong he really is (though he's clearly past his prime)

HOWEVER, a good supporting feat of Thor being actually comparable to Zeus is him breaking Zeus's lightning restrains, which Zeus created himself
Lightning ropes did hold Thor back for a few minutes. We see Thor strain against the lightning ropes after Zeus flicked away Thor's clothes.

We really need to start taking into account the amount of corroborating evidence for MCU Thor as star level.

It is deeply implausible and illogical that someone with these collective feats is listed as large island level:

1. Beats Zeus, the leader of the most powerful gods in the universe, while two Celestials watch

2. Overcomes the full Infinity Gauntlet energy beam to impale Thanos, whom he ultimately decapitates and kills

3. Survives a neutron star

4. Saves the universe twice, once from Malekith's immediate destruction and again from Hela's spreading zombie army

5. Tanks multiple direct hits from the Bifrost, defined by astrophysicist Jane Foster as an Einstein-Rosen Bridge wormhole, which according to NASA is a black hole connected to a white hole. Smallest known black hole is 3.8 solar masses. Our sun = 1 solar mass.

Even if we put asterisks next to each one of these for various qualifications and extenuating circumstances, they all still happened. Large island level people should not be able to do all this.

We really need to start taking into account the amount of corroborating evidence for MCU Thor as star level.

It is deeply implausible and illogical that someone with these collective feats is listed as large island level:

1. Beats Zeus, the leader of the most powerful gods in the universe, while two Celestials watch
He beat him throwing his own weapon back at him while Zeus was distracted, not using his own power so him beating Zeus with his own weapon shouldn't be used as a testament of personal strength. However, he can still point out he caught it and endured its power
2. Overcomes the full Infinity Gauntlet energy beam to impale Thanos, whom he ultimately decapitates and kills
Which happened because Stormbreaker was specifically made as a counter to the Gauntlet and the Stones
3. Survives a neutron star

4. Saves the universe twice, once from Malekith's immediate destruction and again from Hela's spreading zombie army
This doesn't prove Thor to be star level, Malekith was rather weak even with the Aether since Pre-Ragnarok Thor could match him and the zombies aren't particulary strong either, even Loki can take them out and he's much weaker than Thor
5. Tanks multiple direct hits from the Bifrost, defined by astrophysicist Jane Foster as an Einstein-Rosen Bridge wormhole, which according to NASA is a black hole connected to a white hole. Smallest known black hole is 3.8 solar masses. Our sun = 1 solar mass.

Just remembered a supporting statement we could use for Love and Thunder characters and by extension Stormbreaker being 4-C is in Infinity War there's statements about it being one of Asgards strongest weapons/one of the only weapons that can compete with the Infinity Gauntlet and Rocket never contradicts this even though he's made a Moon level Hadron Enforcer before, so it's not unreasonable to assume that Stormbreaker and the main cast of Love and Thunder would heavily upscale it.

The only part is heavily disagree with is Thor being above Zeus for beating him cause he didn't do it by himself, he caught Thunderbolt and threw it back at him, essentially using Zeus's own weapon against him, it's not by himself that he defeated him so he shouldn't be considered as above Zeus

Otherwise I agree with all the rest, it's just that we need VERY solid elements to back up such a massive upgrade to make sure it will get accepted
True but he did catch his attack and threw it right back at him so that should count for something

That said I am really getting annoyed by the "humour" now, the fact L&T made fun of Thor's suffering and trauma was insulting (he literally loses another loved one at the end of the film WTF!?!) but Gorr was definitely mistreated by the script too, "The god-butcher" yet he only killed one deity on screen and spent most of the film as a child-napper just ugh...
Well to be fair, I’ve seen people tell jokes to get over certain traumas they’ve had in their lives, plus Thor has gotten used to losing a loved one before and has his people to comfort him now. There’s also the fact that Thor has always wanted a child when he was with Jane and at the end of the film, he ended up adopting Gorr’s child which honestly gives a satisfying end for Thor.

I do agree that Gorr was wasted and the first half could have toned down on the jokes a bit though

Well to be fair, I’ve seen people tell jokes to get over certain traumas they’ve had in their lives, plus Thor has gotten used to losing a loved one before and has his people to comfort him now. There’s also the fact that Thor has always wanted a child when he was with Jane and at the end of the film, he ended up adopting Gorr’s child which honestly gives a satisfying end for Thor.

I do agree that Gorr was wasted and the first half could have toned down on the jokes a bit though
I know people can tell jokes about their trauma and things of that nature, but jokes in excess can minimize the trauma and our perception of that trauma. Infinity War kind of implied that he uses jokes and humor to cope with the trauma he's experienced, but that doesn't explain or justify why he uses this approach with the trauma of others, such as joking that Sif's arm is in Valhalla or even making Jane's cancer a joke, nor does it explain why him and his allies take time to crack jokes rather than plan out a way to stop Gorr. The problem with the jokes (aside from them not being funny from what I've heard) is that they're too frequent and minimize the serious moments. Like Hemsworth himself said, the story was sacrificed for jokes.

Also, if he's moving on beyond his trauma, leaning more on his friends rather than humor to support himself, it's hard to tell with all the jokes thrown around.

I know people can tell jokes about their trauma and things of that nature, but jokes in excess can minimize the trauma and our perception of that trauma. Infinity War kind of implied that he uses jokes and humor to cope with the trauma he's experienced, but that doesn't explain or justify why he uses this approach with the trauma of others, such as joking that Sif's arm is in Valhalla or even making Jane's cancer a joke, nor does it explain why him and his allies take time to crack jokes rather than plan out a way to stop Gorr. The problem with the jokes (aside from them not being funny from what I've heard) is that they're too frequent and minimize the serious moments. Like Hemsworth himself said, the story was sacrificed for jokes.

Also, if he's moving on beyond his trauma, leaning more on his friends rather than humor to support himself, it's hard to tell with all the jokes thrown around.
I don’t think he was just throwing around jokes just because, he was probably trying to make light of a bad situation or to try to cheer up a friend who is going through a lot

I don’t think he was just throwing around jokes just because, he was probably trying to make light of a bad situation or to try to cheer up a friend who is going through a lot
The issue with that is that narratively speaking, we already have a comedic relief character in Korg, and if every other character is comic relief as well, it gets overdone really quickly and, well, detracts from any moments we're supposed to take seriously.

From the standpoint of Thor relying on friends, it would have been a sign of character growth to not have him joke as much, showing his reliance on humor to mask his trauma is being alleviated, and his reliance on friends and allies is the primary way he gets that type of comfort.

"You're next, ODINSON!", Zeus says right before throwing Thunderbolt at Thor.

This occurs seconds after busting up Thor's friend with Thunderbolt ...

A weapon that a giant hall full of gods just finished chanting the name of in excitement.

Thor catching Thunderbolt in this moment, then beating Zeus with his own weapon, means Thor is more powerful than Zeus. Zeus gave it his best shot and failed.

Zeus recognizes Thor as the son of Odin, which means Zeus knows about high-level Asgardian power levels, which means Zeus had a good idea of how much power he himself needed to exert to drop Thor. Again, with a weapon whose power the gods of the universe visibly respect.

And Thor topped that.

"You're next, ODINSON!", Zeus says right before throwing Thunderbolt at Thor.

This occurs seconds after busting up Thor's friend with Thunderbolt ...

A weapon that a giant hall full of gods just finished chanting the name of in excitement.

Thor catching Thunderbolt in this moment, then beating Zeus with his own weapon, means Thor is more powerful than Zeus. Zeus gave it his best shot and failed.

Zeus recognizes Thor as the son of Odin, which means Zeus knows about high-level Asgardian power levels, which means Zeus had a good idea of how much power he himself needed to exert to drop Thor. Again, with a weapon whose power the gods of the universe visibly respect.

And Thor topped that.

Seems pretty cut and dry to me

It would make the most sense for someone who has successfully gotten an upgrade passed to do it. I would do it, but I don't know how. I don't understand the CRT process and protocols for acceptance. If someone wants to explain it to me, and supply me with URLs to clear directions, I can try. But I do not want to mess it up. Something tells me we only have one shot at this.

It would make the most sense for someone who has successfully gotten an upgrade passed to do it. I would do it, but I don't know how. I don't understand the CRT process and protocols for acceptance. If someone wants to explain it to me, and supply me with URLs to clear directions, I can try. But I do not want to mess it up. Something tells me we only have one shot at this.
pop

As someone who has done a handful of CRTs already... Tis' simple. You make a thread that is filled with the evidence you acquired - in this case, this 4-C upgrade- and then you wait for people to come - specifically, you need mods to come by and give the okay. Usually, you only need two-to-three approvals from mods to apply your CRTs to profiles. That is it. The hard part is waiting for people to actually come by and give a darn about your CRT, tbh.

If they're referenced like that The Incredible Hulk suicide scene
And of course, if no contradictions exist in the final product.

This one however, is a pretty blatant contradiction.

Gorr moving a star at FTL speeds
This one I'm not sure if we should use TBH. Just too many wonky aspects IMHO, the biggest one being inconsistent sizes for that planetoid thingy and possibly the star thingy as well.

and Zeus being stated to be the strongest god
This is your best shot at scaling him. Zeus being at the top of the hierarchy, even with Celestials in the mix and best of all, Ra being in the mix.

That being said tho, I'm kind of neutral on this one unless you can bring me more solid evidence.

Then if we still need more evidence, how about this?

https://screenrant.com/ms-marvel-episode-3-mcu-easter-eggs-references/

"Ms. Marvel episode 3 sees Bruno begin to research the possibility of interdimensional travel, and he name-drops Dr. Erik Selvig - a key supporting character in the Thor movies. This is more than just an Easter egg, because there's a sense in which Erik Selvig is the MCU's true multiverse expert; he was last seen in Thor: The Dark World, already using terms that are now becoming foundational to the MCU's approach to the multiverse. According to Bruno, Dr. Selvig suggested it is indeed possible to travel between the dimensions - but you would need the base energy of the sun.

It also supports Thor being star-level. Erik Selvig and Jane Foster define the Bifrost being an Einstein-Rosen Bridge, which according to NASA is a black hole connected to a white hole, the smallest known black hole being 3.8 solar masses and our sun equaling 1 solar mass. Thor resists several Bifrost hits. We don't need to revise his original base levels. Just use this as supporting evidence for star level now to counter claims of current Thor having an outlier feat.

https://chandra.harvard.edu/resources/faq/black_hole/bhole-4.html

https://www.nasa.gov/topics/universe/features/smallest_blackhole.html

https://science.nasa.gov/milky-ways-black-hole

I thought the bifrost was only intergalactic?
The Bifrost appears to be more than only intergalactic. In L&T, the Bifrost takes Gorr to "the literal center of the universe" and then drills through a thick cosmic barrier, to reach the Altar of Eternity. Prior to that, the Bifrost takes Thor from Earth to Omnipotence City.

When Gorr first arrives at the Altar of Eternity, we see the place manifest out of thin air, into sculptures of the Living Tribunal, Death, and other cosmic beings. Zeus even says that without the key (which Jane deduces is the Bifrost) Gorr cannot reach Eternity. All this suggests the Altar of Eternity is not reachable by mere intergalactic travel. After all, Sorcerers Supreme, the Kree, Captain Marvel, and Space Stone users could do intergalactic travel yet they never reached Eternity.

Zeus also says Omnipotence City is "a secret place, known only to the gods." As exhibited in the opening sequences of L&T, many mortals across the cosmos know about the existence of many gods. This suggests that if Omnipotence City were reachable by conventional intergalactic travel, Zeus would have no reason to think they were safe there from Gorr finding them. Also, living MCU Celestials don't seem to hang out in readily reachable places.

Back