• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Love & Thunder Spoiler Thread

Jane should have Genius Intelligence for her great knowledge in astrophysics and wormholes, plus Thor said she was going to win a Nobel Prize. And I think Regeneration Negation would work better than Immortality Negation for the Necrosword, since type 3 immortality is basically regeneration

I'm still massively against this, but I'll wait on the CRT.
That's fine this even getting remotely accepted depends a lot on our part how things are handled and presented within reasonable manner which we'd certainly have to go above and beyond to accomplish but there's still an argument for it nonetheless so I at least appreciate you not shutting it down while it's being worked out and waiting for the crt but hopefully however it goes that either sides concerns are alleviated by the end of it because I know for sure this is going to attract lots of attention

Even though it makes sense, there are an equal, if not greater, amount of things that don't make sense about it in my mind. Some of that is from a plot perspective, though, but a lot of it still concerns the scaling stuff.

ecf.jpg

My experience with VS Battles calculating MCU Thor feats throughout his movie appearances ...

Me: “Thor 1 he tanked an exploding Bifrost, which his first and fourth movies define as an Einstein-Rosen Bridge wormhole, and NASA calculates that as at least star-level in power.”

VS Battles: “Headcanon.”

Me: “Thor 2 he overcame the Reality Stone and survived a point blank explosion to prevent the immediate destruction of the universe, an explosion that knocked him out for 1 minute.”

Me: “IW Thor survived a Power Stone explosion that exceeded the force of a singularity, and he survived a neutron star which on average produces heat and gravity many times the sun.”

Me: “Thor 4 he beat Zeus, leader of the most powerful gods in the universe, who commands the respect of Celestials, Zeus who vaporized Thor’s armor that survived all the above feats.”

Me: “Thor 4 he empowered Jane, and together they beat Gorr, Gorr who resisted the star-level pull of the Bifrost and tanked Stormbreaker’s attack, Stormbreaker which killed Thanos.”

Me: “The simplest answer seems to be that, across several movies, the MCU gave Thor so many feats, so consistently, that can be interpreted as star-level, because Thor is in fact star-level.”

Me: “I respectfully and in all sincerity point out, for your benefit, that you seem to be engaging in a form of groupthink that has become detached from reality and lowballs the MCU.”

My experience with VS Battles calculating MCU Thor feats throughout his movie appearances ...

Me: “Thor 1 he tanked an exploding Bifrost, which his first and fourth movies define as an Einstein-Rosen Bridge wormhole, and NASA calculates that as at least star-level in power.”

Me: “Thor 2 he overcame the Reality Stone and survived a point blank explosion to prevent the immediate destruction of the universe, an explosion that knocked him out for 1 minute.”

Me: “IW Thor survived a Power Stone explosion that exceeded the force of a singularity, and he survived a neutron star which on average produces heat and gravity many times the sun.”

Me: “Thor 4 he beat Zeus, leader of the most powerful gods in the universe, who commands the respect of Celestials, Zeus who vaporized Thor’s armor that survived all the above feats.”

Me: “Thor 4 he empowered Jane, and together they beat Gorr, Gorr who resisted the star-level pull of the Bifrost and tanked Stormbreaker’s attack, Stormbreaker which killed Thanos.”

Me: “The simplest answer seems to be that, across several movies, the MCU gave Thor so many feats, so consistently, that can be interpreted as star-level, because Thor is in fact star-level.”

Me: “I respectfully and in all sincerity point out, for your benefit, that you seem to be engaging in a form of groupthink that has become detached from reality and lowballs the MCU.”

My guy please those weren't the arguements or responses given to you in that thread please don't do this behind the backs of those who had a fair discussion about your propositions as if they were disingenuous you've already said you are new here so how about you take that as a lesson and get to know how things actually work here and use that knowledge of yours to try and do good work here not in wanking characters off to insane degrees for the sake of high feats

My guy please those weren't the arguements or responses given to you in that thread please don't do this behind the backs of those who had a fair discussion about your propositions as if they were disingenuous you've already said you are new here so how about you take that as a lesson and get to know how things actually work here and use that knowledge of yours to try and do good work here not in wanking characters off to insane degrees for the sake of high feats
Although I do believe I captured the essence of that previous thread in my above post, I don't want this thread to get locked like that one did, so rather than get into it again I'll just post the link here if anyone wants to read it all:

https://vsbattles.com/threads/mcu-thor-upgrade-calcs-for-star-level-durability.139773/

Was all that strawman really necessary? I don't recall them saying anything like that on the thread.

And also, you need to understand that not everyone is going to agree with everything you point out. Especially the fact that you were going way overboard with that kind of upgrade you were trying to suggest.

Last edited:

Smh. Direct strawman, and didn't you say that you hoped this community remained rational? Upgrading thor before LAT to 4-B or 3-A would result in a chain reaction for multiple characters harmed or completely knocked out by far lesser attacks. Do you propose that we simply ignore them all?

I can understand the arguments for a LAT thor being tier 4 after explicitly being stronger + other in-movie statements/feats, but kindly observe how proposals like this to staff could affect other upgrades.

Back