• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel_Champion_07

VS Battles
Retired
Yes the title was "inspired" by RoTt35's other CRTs, but I dunno how to format the 4 the same way lmao
EDIT: RoTt35 has since typed it out on the MCU Phase 5 Discussion Thread, I have now copy-pasted it onto the title

Namor

He currently doesn't have any scaling to his durability, since his only AP feat listed right now is overpowering Shuri, who is 8-C, so his AP should be downgraded to "At least 8-C"

Leviathans

Credit to Dinobot1996:
One Leviathan was about to eat Rocket Raccoon, so it should at the very least get a "possibly Low 7-C" (maybe a solid rating if one wants to argue for it), since it seems like Rocket was clearly in danger had Tony's Snap not killed the Leviathan

The Destroyer

As stated here, its energy beam is made of fire, so it should get Fire Manipulation
The Destroyer uses a beam of fire, how did you design and animate it?
Richard Sutherland, CG Supervisor // Based on the initial concepts from Marvel, we did a variety of tests to find the right balance between fire and energy in the beam. It had shoot quickly, like a laser, but seem like it was made of fire. Finding the right balance of licking, trailing flame and hot energy core was tricky, but I think we found a good balance. In the end the beam was a combination of volumetric fire simulations, and rendered geometry.
The beam also caused an explosion by blasting the ground, so it should get Explosion Manipulation

Thor

Last edited:
Can you link an example I want to see it

That's a really bare bones profile, and it shouldn't even have a rating for it's Striking Strength since Gum's whole schtick is biting and eating. Unlike Pig God whose shown to be willing to ram enemies instead of eating them which qualifies for Striking Strength.

I don't mind Leviathans upscaling from the Guardians, but wouldn't Rocket have died regardless of AP difference on account of being more than small enough to get swallowed and digested?

That's a really bare bones profile, and it shouldn't even have a rating for it's Striking Strength since Gum's whole schtick is biting and eating. Unlike Pig God whose shown to be willing to ram enemies instead of eating them which qualifies for Striking Strength.
Biting qualifies as lifting as well as striking considering it can be done in a brief timeframe and does piercing damage, unlike something like a chokehold

As for Namor, shouldn't his durability scale to cap's shield, at least when it comes to slashing/piercing damage

He took far less deep cuts, while dehydrated, from the panther suit vibranium claws than Cap's shield did (during the civil war movie)

As for Namor, shouldn't his durability scale to cap's shield, at least when it comes to slashing/piercing damage

He took far less deep cuts, while dehydrated, from the panther suit vibranium claws than Cap's shield did (during the civil war movie)
This is derailing from the purpose of this CRT, but I'm not seeing it. I'm rewatching the scenes, and Shuri's claws create very red blood marks and pierce deeper into Namor's skin than T'Challa's claws did against Cap's shield

Personally, I genuinely can't even tell whether the claws damaged the shield at all, aside from scratching off the paint. But maybe that's just me

Last edited:
This is derailing from the purpose of this CRT,
I thought you wanted to downgrade namor because he doesn't actually scale to anyone? My bad tho, I guess it needs its own CRT
but I'm not seeing it. I'm rewatching the scenes, and Shuri's claws create very red blood marks and pierce deeper into Namor's skin than Black Panther's claws did against Cap's shield
Well yea, it's red, namor has blood understand his skin. Her claws broke his skin, but it didn't seem to go deeper than that
Personally, I genuinely can't even tell whether Black Panther's claws damaged the shield at all, aside from scratching off the paint. But maybe that's just me
it definitely scratched the shield itself. But this is for another CRT, at the very least, the vibranium claws scratches on dehydrated Namor and the shield look about the same

OT
I agree with this

I thought you wanted to downgrade namor because he doesn't actually scale to anyone? My bad tho, I guess it needs its own CRT
His durability doesn't scale to his AP, so he is effectively a stonewall
Well yea, it's red, namor has blood understand his skin. Her claws broke his skin, but it didn't seem to go deeper than that
Deeper than the scratches on Cap's shield
it definitely scratched the shield itself
at the very least, the vibranium claws scratches on dehydrated Namor and the shield look about the same
I really don't see or agree with it. The shield looks like it sustained barely surface level damage, whereas Namor has the entire length of the claws stabbing into his skin

But eh, this isn't the place to discuss this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back