• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not when one of the metals used is far stronger than anything else ig

If the shield has feats/scaling to High 7-A (which I'm positive it does, I just don't remember off the top of my head), then the shield can have At least High 7-A.

The only people I recall scaling to 6-C are Thanos, Captain Marvel, and Wanda, and of those three the shield has only dealt with Thanos. If there are feats of Captain America blocking multiple punches or strikes from Thanos, it can be a solid 6-C. If its only scaling to Thanos is the time when Thanos broke the shield with enough strikes, then I propose At least High 7-A, likely 6-C.

But one way or the other I'm neutral to the tier of Captain America's shield, so I don't really care what tier gets slapped onto it so long as it makes sense, I'm just stating my two cents.

If the shield has feats/scaling to High 7-A (which I'm positive it does, I just don't remember off the top of my head), then the shield can have At least High 7-A.

The only people I recall scaling to 6-C are Thanos, Captain Marvel, and Wanda, and of those three the shield has only dealt with Thanos. If there are feats of Captain America blocking multiple punches or strikes from Thanos, it can be a solid 6-C. If its only scaling to Thanos is the time when Thanos broke the shield with enough strikes, then I propose At least High 7-A, likely 6-C.

But one way or the other I'm neutral to the tier of Captain America's shield, so I don't really care what tier gets slapped onto it so long as it makes sense, I'm just stating my two cents.
Thanos couldn't break the shield with his bare hands, he only managed to cut it in half with his copter blade and even then it took multiple strikes to do so.

An "At most 6-C" rating sounds more reasonable IMHO.

Also IMHO the 8-B tiering for Iron Man Mark 43 and onwards is wack, we don't use surface area for explosions anyway (We use cross-sectional area, and that is dependant on how far Iron Man is away from the epicenter of the attack that took out Sokovia AKA you still have to figure out how far he is from the explosion's epicenter, or else it's null and void, and he was at the very bottom of the damn thing, so I doubt he'd scale to the full 8-B value, besides, he remained mostly untouched by the explosion save for getting pushed downwards a bit but otherwise no recognizeable damage to speak of), just keep him at High 8-C, 8-A at full throttle. There's also no indication that his 10 gigawatt AKA gigajoule per second (2.4 tons of TNT) reactor was replaced for the new models anyway thus making the 17.6625 tons of TNT value (73.9 gigajoules) for the Sokovia value for him a potential outlier, as he doesn't have any other feats on those levels physically when not accelerating, plus it's massively above his reactor energy level.

Last edited:
Also IMHO the 8-B tiering for Iron Man Mark 43 and onwards is wack, we don't use surface area for explosions anyway (We use cross-sectional area, and that is dependant on how far Iron Man is away from the epicenter of the attack that took out Sokovia AKA you still have to figure out how far he is from the explosion's epicenter, or else it's null and void, and he was at the very bottom of the damn thing, so I doubt he'd scale to the full 8-B value, besides, he remained mostly untouched by the explosion save for getting pushed downwards a bit but otherwise no recognizeable damage to speak of), just keep him at High 8-C, 8-A at full throttle. There's also no indication that his 10 gigawatt AKA gigajoule per second (2.4 tons of TNT) reactor was replaced for the new models anyway thus making the 17.6625 tons of TNT value (73.9 gigajoules) for the Sokovia value for him a potential outlier, as he doesn't have any other feats on those levels physically when not accelerating, plus it's massively above his reactor energy level.
The reason we used surface area for the Sokovia feat was because of the spine structure or something, don't remember the details, and also yes the calculation already accounted for the spine thingy plus the distance from explosion, which is why it's only 8-B when the original blast is like 7-A

Last edited:
The reason we used surface area for the Sokovia feat was because of the spine structure or something, don't remember the details, and also yes the calculation already accounted for the spine thingy plus the distance from explosion, which is why it's only 8-B when the original blast is like 7-A
Using the formula on the Explosion Yield Calculations page and the cross-sectional area you calculated (And yes, this assumes Iron Man was 725.4 meters away from the epicenter), I get around 55 tons of TNT.

I still find the 8-B feat Iron Man to be too sketchy TBH.

The extra surface area thingy was due to the spine structure spreading the energy out or some stuff like that
Ah yes, the spine being vibranium and all.

IDK, I still find the 8-B feat to be too iffy, as at the end of it, Iron Man only seems to be impacted by a sliver of it and doesn't get completely engulfed by the bright light before he tries to blast away from the 'splosion safely within mere seconds of the blast becoming bigger.

Why do we actually include the 8-A on Tony’s profile when he explicitly can’t do it without constantly applying force for like .... a minute or something? With this logic we should just scale Thor‘s dura to the star feat and say his dura is X overtime rather than what he survives in a second.

Why do we actually include the 8-A on Tony’s profile when he explicitly can’t do it without constantly applying force for like .... a minute or something? With this logic we should just scale Thor‘s dura to the star feat and say his dura is X overtime rather than what he survives in a second.
Thor's feat doesn't involve him moving at all tho, Iron Man's feat does (It involves him accelerating at a constant speed for a full minute).

Moving is irrelevant. Every overtime feat always gets divided by however many seconds the feat took so why is Tony’s any different.

If you want to keep the rating on his profile, just scale Tony to surviving getting bopped around by the rotor which is moving with that amount of energy.

Ngl that logic doesn't work.

Iron Man's is output he is delivering.

Thor is about taking damage and taxing his body over a period of time to the point where he collapses.

I'm not a big fan of the 8-A key either but this isn't the way to prove it.

Moving is irrelevant. Every overtime feat always gets divided by however many seconds the feat took so why is Tony’s any different.

If you want to keep the rating on his profile, just scale Tony to surviving getting bopped around by the rotor which is moving with that amount of energy.
No, Thor's feat is temperature-based, Iron Man's feat is sheer KE. He eventually manages to reach a certain speed and keeps pushing the rotors at that same speed for longer than 60 seconds. It only takes 60 seconds for him to hit top speed after which he maintains it for even longer until he becomes certain that the rotor now has enough power to rotate on its own.

Also for Iron Man's dura to scale, he'd need to be smacked by the entire rotor's mass, not by just one wing of the rotor.

A tier via ramming at certain speed is fine, some characters like Flash have varies levels of strength because of his momentum (IMP technique is based off this).

Ant doesn't need to sign off on it if there's a general consensus between users and mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back