• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Masters of the Fist - Yujiro Hanma vs Bang (2 votes needed)

Yujiro hears tell of a mysterious fighter who defeated his so in a one on one duel. Intrigued at the prospect of a good fight, the Ogre sets out on journey to meet this unknown fighter. While on his search, comes across another strange ma on the hunt for the Hero Hunter. Yujiro, sensing the strength oozing off the elderly gentleman, decides that he will test his mettle against the stranger, not knowing just how closely connected this man was to his prey...

The Ogre vs The Silver Fang

SPEED EQUALIZED

Both start within melee range of each other

Victory via DEATH, KO or INCAPACITATION

WHO WINS AND WHY?

Baki's Dad:
7 (Dienomite22, EliminatorVenom, RoaringRexe, CoreOfimBalance(COB), Thatoneguy78, ShrekAlmighty, DMUA)

Garou's Sensei:

Voting Yujiro for a massive skill and technique advantage for being known to mastered all martial arts and easily able to copy those he doesn't know, being able to numb Silver Fang's hits to nearly nothing with and reflect his opponents attacks with Xiao-Lee, and precognition

His attack reflection is basically him using his martial arts to reflect attacks that come his way. He can use it against monsters who have multiple limbs.

Stat amping is him releasing his mental restraints and getting stronger

I see.

Well, I can't see Bang winning this. Giving a good fight? Certainly, but he isn't bringing anything new to the list of things Yujiro has dealt with.

• Greater Experience: Before everything, experience isn't absolute. We need to analyse what both have gone through, and what both are facing right now: Both of them are superhuman martial artists. Freakishly strong, yes, and Bang has gone through more varied situations than Yujiro... But so what? They are facing opponents they both are extremely used to. Experience is near to a non-factor here. Plus, Yujiro has easily killed a 150+ year old super-strong ape and he kept up with Kaku Kaioh, who has more than 100 years of martial arts and incredibly constant combat experience.
  • Attack Reflection: Okay, so Bang can apparently reflect attacks with martial arts. That's completely useless for this fight. Lemme explain a bit better: Reflecting attacks with martial arts is something Yujiro can do so too. In fact, there's something normal martial artists can do. Not like them, of course, but they can. Aikido is entirely based around this concept. Both the Aiki and Xiao Lee, techniques that Yujiro knows how to use (And uses them quite frequently) do so. Bang may be able to reflect energy attacks, but so what? It won't be of any use for this fight. Plus, by doing that, he'll just teach a new technique to Yujiro.
  • Stat Amp: Yujiro does so too, and to a ridiculous degree. With the Xiao Lee, Kaku receives zero damage from a serious punch coming from Yujiro. Plus, he's normally around Wall, LB with hype in AP, and with Xiao Lee, he actually threatened and hurt Yujiro with his blows. Not only Yujiro copied and mastered the same technique, but even without using it, only by revealing his Demon Back and true power, Kaku said that even with Xiao Lee he'd get oneshotted by Yujiro's blow. Just by revealing his demon back, Yujiro would one-shot someone who received zero damage from his blows.
  • Skill: And finally, Yujiro's is a MUCH better martial artist than Bang. Master of all normal fighting styles on earth and from quite a lot secret and forbidden ones, regarded as unbeatable by entire armies and one of the greatest fighting prodigies to have existed, he's got much more versatility in skill and capacity than Bang.
In fact, he can do most things Bang can do from what I can see in Notable Attacks/Techniques section.

• Fang Interceptio: I can link scans, but that's something quite... Average in Baki, regarding higher martial artists like Doppo, the Shinogi brothers and beyond. In fact, Yujiro can detect weaknesses up to a cellular level.
  • Instantaneous Effect: Both Baki and Yujiro have that capacity. It is hard to link specific scans (Because there are entire chapters dedicated to it), but they do the pretty same thing, by the 0.5 Second Unconscious method.

Just realized that Baki could've win the fight against Garou through Benda...

I mean, Garou would still most likely win more times, but through a few Bendas Baki might've incapacited Garou...

Okay I want to call out a few things.

Saying Bang's reflection is the same as any conventional martial artist is a bit ridiculous seeing as it works in such a different manner. Half the stuff he does cannot be mimicked in the real world, so no, it is not just conventional reflection that's something Baki's dad or any real person mastered. Or at least I'm pretty sure when faced with a giant monster or giant meteor they're not gonna be able to pull it off. Maybe. But real life? For sure not

In terms of experience, there has been cases of a guy with vastly more experience losing to someone who's been around less. The victor doesn't immediately min they have more experience. This could simply mean that they won because they have something that the older one doesn't have. Overwhelming power, more versatile. Heck, if someone with a hundred years worth of experience fighting with a spear, would likely lose to a guy who has a gun and is experienced for it for a couple of years. Probably bad example, but my point is, an experienced loser doesn't mean the winner is more experienced than him.

At the same time, you can master all the martial arts you know, but if the enemy is so much more experienced than you, you're not gonna win, maybe. It doesn't mean you immediately trump them. It's not absolute basically.

On the other hand, if a stat amp ability is enough to jump tiers, (not saying it does in this case) it should be considered whether it's included or not.

However, all of that I just want to point out.

I solidly believe Bang will lose due to technique mimicry. He's not as skilled as Garou in terms of what he reached and his only chance likely is to use that ultimate technique that he used on the Elder Centipede. Yes he used it with Bomb but he clearly could've done the same without him.

So overall, Bang loses solidly

But

NOT FOR REASONS ABOVE

Edit - Also badass match, we need more matches like these

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
I said that based on the info I got, which is attack reflection based around martial arts. From what you've said now, I can agree with you that real-life martial artists wouldn't be able to replicate the feat. But Yujiro? Maybe? Considering he can do things that the human body simply couldn't do even if it had Yujiro's durability and strength (Benda, Xiao Lee and Aiki are some good examples. While they do exist in some form IRL, they do not work to the extents the Baki series show) and that Yujiro, using Aiki, completely twirled Pickle around (Who himself had overpowered dinosaurs in the past, which in Baki are considered superior to a gigantic bulletproof african elephant capable of crushing jeeps and tanks with his paws), I guess he could.

... Which wasn't my point. I'm not trying to argue that Yujiro's more experienced than Bang, in fact I've said the contrary. What I said is that it is near to a non-factor here.

Yes. I can say the contrary too. And also, Yujiro's not just any martial artist. Even ignoring the fact that he is master of all martial arts, he's someone that made entire armies afraid, someone who is really familiar with fighting dirty and outsmarting people that do the same (He managed to fight with the likes of Gaia and Miyamoto Musashi, who by themselves have dozens of impressive feats). The point is... Experience is nearly a moot point here. Bang has gone through more situations than Yujiro, and they were more varied in nature - so what? He's essentially fighting a godly martial artist with some unorthodox skills, nothing more, nothing less. That's something both are extremely used to, and tbh, I can't see experience doing much here.

Not sure if enough to jump tiers, but aamped Yujiro could 1-hit kill someone who, even when hit in the weakness of the technique with Yujiro's strongest technique, barely received damage.

Now Kuroi Seishi is a 7-A which means that Bang's AP is now certainly above baseline 7-A by an unknown amount. Apparently cause Kuroi Seishi knocked out Bomb (Bang's brother who is a 7-A due to being stronger than Bang via author statements), casually defeated Atomic Samurai, and Genos.

So Bang is now an Unknown amount higher than baseline mountain level due to fodderizing multiple Kuroi Seishi clones (who are an unknown amount higher than baseline mountain level) when heavily weakened.

I mean, the arguments so far aren't based on AP, and Yujiro's own mountain level feat was done Uber casually (it was also done in base, ie, no Demon's Back)

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
I mean, the arguments so far aren't based on AP, and Yujiro's own mountain level feat was done Uber casually (it was also done in base, ie, no Demon's Back)
Not only that, but by the point he is now in the series he is stronger than how he was then. (It is said several times and even shown that he gets stronger by each day that passes by training really constantly. His idea of vacatio is swimming in an olympic pool with currents strong enough to kill professional swimmers)

Also, slightly off topic, but I think Kaku Kaioh should be comparable to Yujiro when using offensive xiao lee. Even after Yujiro brought out the Demon's Back, Kaku still manage to draw blood from him with a flurry of blows. He even withstood a couple of casual blows from DB Yujiro before he threw a serious bunch and forced Kaku to play dead.

wait there were actual reasons above

Baki's dad for reasons above, to be serious.

Back