• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Magi revision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really massive actually......

1) Freezing a desert feat.

Anyone who has read the manga would know that Sinbad did not freeze the entire desert, he was merely talking about the power of the djinn vessel in general. Read the chapter here. Due to this the 6-B rating is wrong since it assumed Sinbad froze the entire desert. But since Sinbad was just demonstrating his power and not trying to cover the entire desert in ice, he also has no reason to lie about a djinn vessel's power and also the fact that he has a casual High 6-C feat makes me think that "High 6-C, likely 6-B" would be the best tier for him.

2) Powerlevels.

Almost every metal vessel users have comparable strength therefore all the metal vessel users should have the same tier as Sinbad.

3) Weapon equip.

Currently Alibaba is rated as 7-B in weapon equip, it should be changed to "High 6-C, likely 6-B", since Kougyoku made a huge hole on Ugo with her weapon equip, Alibaba stopping Muu's Barbados with his weapon equip is also another feat. And even with his beginning of the series knife Alibaba penetrated Judar's borg .

I agree.

Also, everyone currently at 7-B will be upgraded to High 6-C imo for the same reasons.

The scaling is fine, only the tiers will change I guess

Why should all of the retainers without Djinns (Ja'far, etcetera) be upgraded from 7-B to High 6-C? I thought that they were considerably less powerful?

I agree. I also think we should change the justification for Morgiana's speed

http://*********.com/Manga/Magi-Sinbad-no-Bouken/Ch-110?id=303736#8

Should not this be taken into account for the Country level?

@M3X If you mean by "Can destroy an entire country overnight" then it is not 6-B.

Not really, it was the citation of destroying Sasan. I got the wrong link

Antvasima said:
Why should all of the retainers without Djinns (Ja'far, etcetera) be upgraded from 7-B to High 6-C? I thought that they were considerably less powerful?
Assimilated Household Vessels can harm Metal Vessael users. Though normal household vessels like Masrur and Morgiana are not that powerful. Currently we don't have a profile page for any assimilated household vessel user iirc. Jafar is a half assimilated household vessel user so he maybe far stronger than what we give him credit for.

Basically what BANLK said.

There isn't a hard number of what they borrowed from the main metal vessel, but considering they can harm the metal vessal users, I see no issue.

I say this more as a spitball more so then this needs to happen.

Magi is pretty close with one another in power.

If you are a magi, a metal vessel user or a household user, generally speaking you can keep up with eachother.

With a few exceptions obviously but that seems to be the general rule of thumb.

Are you certain that regular household vessel users harming djinn users isn't plot-induced stupidity though?

Antvasima said:
Are you certain that regular household vessel users harming djinn users isn't plot-induced stupidity though?
Household vessel users can harm metal vessel users , it's just that the MV users are considerably more powerful than any HV users.

Well, I would prefer more input, especially from other staff members.

6-B isn't from the assumption that Sinbad DID freeze the whole desert, it's from Sinbad stating that he CAN cover an entire desert in ice

Sindada

Okay. Then I think that the 6-B statistics should stay as they are.

@TataHakai There is nothing to back up Sinbad's statement, also literally in the same chapter Sinbad states that "With the power of a metal vessel, you can destroy an entire country overnight ". Therefore "High 6-C, likely 6-B" is the most logical tier.

-BANLK- said:
@TataHakai There is nothing to back up Sinbad's statement, also literally in the same chapter Sinbad states that "With the power of a metal vessel, you can destroy an entire country overnight ". Therefore "High 6-C, likely 6-B" is the most logical tier.
Except for the fact that the verse has half a dozen casual High 6-C feats and even Low 6-B feats from people inferior to Sinbad so the scaling fits the feat.

Sinbad has no reason to lie and hasn't about his power prior to that, there's absolutely no reason to assume this is a hyperbole for the sake of assuming it's a hyperbole.

And statements don't take precedence over feats, if a person destroys a universe in one attack then says he can destroy a universe over time it doesn't not make him universe level, likewise here when we literally know Sinbad can exert country levels of energy.

Oh and by the way countries in Magi are much larger than our own, which our AP charts are made from, so that statement wouldn't support your point anyways, not that it matters since Ohtaka isn't aware of our calcculations and doesn't know how much energy is required to freeze over a desert of that size, so her statements aren't aware of what Sinbad is capable of.

And that is why I have been saying "High 6-C, likely 6-B" is the most logical tier. The main reason why I am against giving straight up 6-B rating is because, in a verse filled with tier 7 feats this single High 6-C feat is not enough to justify the supposed 6-B statement.

What do you think about "At least High 6-C, likely 6-B" Tata?

Why wouldn't it be? At the time of his statement Sinbad had 2 djinn's which is only something recreated by Hakuryuu and Kouen, he was a literal god tier of the verse at the time so it wouldn't exactly be inconsistent.

All of those tier 7 feats are casually done by fodder who would be flicked away by a serious sinbad, we have plenty of verses where a single statement is used to justify multiple ratings.

DBZ god tiers are Solar system+ based on a statement by Cell when the verse is filled with Planet to Dwarf star level feats, and that's a further gap than Tier 7 to Tier 6.

Antvasima said:
Cell had lots of support for being Solar System level from supplementary material though, not just a single statement.
I agree with Tata, although we might be on different pages

TBH, we have a loose definition of the word 'outlier' and what we considered legitimate or not.

7-B Sinbad is casual.

Most of the tier 7 feats are done by fodder.

The support for the verse being tier 6 is pretty solid if you ask me.

That's just me though. I do think BANLK makes sense though.

I think it is just a matter of being conservative. His High 6-C feat was actually seen.

His 6-B feat was a passing statement that he could, not that we have seen him do.

It really doesn't change the verse that much, it is somewhat similar to GEOM feats being 4-B, but he has 4-A statements and some one-off feats at this level.

You can interpret this as either support for his statement that he could freeze a desert, or use it as a realm of possibility for magi characters.

On second thought, I am fine with BANLK's suggestion.

Antvasima said:
Cell had lots of support for being Solar System level from supplementary material though, not just a single statement.
Fair point, i don't mind BANLK's suggestion but if his reasoning is "it's not consistent" then i don't agree with that, Sinbad is a god tier of the verse minus all the higher gods and dimensional hierarchy stuff.

1) Why wouldn't it be? At the time of his statement Sinbad had 2 djinn's which is only something recreated by Hakuryuu and Kouen, he was a literal god tier of the verse at the time so it wouldn't exactly be inconsistent.

Bruh even Barbarossa had 2 djinns and he is nothing special. Having multiple metal vessels only gives you the advantage of variety, it does not increase the strength of your attacks. Hakuryuu had 2 djinns yet he barely won against Alibaba who had a single djinn. Also stop this headcanon, all metal vessel users are pretty much on equal level, in a fight between two djinn users the environment, compatibility, strategy, hax and luck decides the victor. The advantages Sinbad has over other metal vessel users would be, having the ability to change his djinn equip in response to the powers of his opponent and having a large amount of magoi (the only advantage of this is that it lets him stay in his djinn form for longer period of time and he can likely use his extreame magic more frequently but it does not increase his strength) and having the power to use dark rukh (This lets him powerup his attacks). Sure he is strong but you are straight up wanking him.

2) All of those tier 7 feats are casually done by fodder who would be flicked away by a serious sinbad, we have plenty of verses where a single statement is used to justify multiple ratings.

Dude I love Sinbad but this is just wrong. There is no doubt that Sinbad would defeat most metal vessel users but it would not be as easy as you have described. Those guys you are calling fodders are metal vessel users and like I have said previously all metal vessel users are comparable to each other in power.

"The main reason why I am against giving straight up 6-B rating is because, in a verse filled with tier 7 feats this single High 6-C feat is not enough to justify the supposed 6-B statement." I just copy pasted this stuff.....

3) Fair point, i don't mind BANLK's suggestion but if his reasoning is "it's not consistent" then i don't agree with that, Sinbad is a god tier of the verse minus all the higher gods and dimensional hierarchy stuff.

I am guessing you don't know who Arba is.

Anyway, I suppose that the revisions should be started soon.

First we have to agree which Magi characters that should scale. In addition, you need to make sure to update both the tiers, the attack potencies, the striking strengths, the durabilities, and if necessary, the tier categories at the bottom of the pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back