• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Haki Devil Fruit Resistance Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the portal affecting the opponent?
Someone opening a portal has nothing to do with affecting the opponent.

That's not attack reflection, that's Newton's 3rd Law.
What's the difference between a portal and a darkness portal

That's offensive, because it's affecting Whitebeard, and we currently give him resistance to it because of it.
But is this not like putting a portal underneath you? Which is not offensive it's just an ability right 🤔 actually I'm starting to understand why only offensive abilities but still 🤔

But is this not like putting a portal underneath you? Which is not offensive it's just an ability right 🤔 actually I'm starting to understand why only offensive abilities but still 🤔
The portal is meant to forcibly absorb the people on top of it, which makes it offensive

The portal is meant to forcibly absorb the people on top of it, which makes it offensive
What about Mira Mira no Mi wouldn't armament haki resist the mirrors? It's not offensive 🤔 or what if an ability is not offensive but is somehow used offensively? Would haki resist or not? Actually never mind I agree with offensive abilities (I still think haki has probably resisted normal ability but 🤷‍♂️)

What about Mira Mira no Mi wouldn't armament haki resist the mirrors? It's not offensive 🤔 or what if an ability is not offensive but is somehow used offensively? Would haki resist or not?
Good question.

Would Haki resist getting pulled through?
It resists teleportation, so that's a debate in itself.

Can you resist a defensive ability?
Can you resist a barrier?
Can you resist a shield?
Can you resist someone else teleporting themselves?
Can you resist someone else disappearing?
Can you resist someone else amping themselves?
Can you resist someone else doing anything to themselves?
Yes, as shown by anyone who manages to bypass Luffy's rubber ability as well as hit Logia's.

I understand what you're are getting at as it pertains to effect. What I disagree with is the terms offensive/defensive etc to justify what can and cannot be resisted. I'll say again Haki offering resistance to this covers everything without getting overtly complicated
I don't need to make a CRT for it.

A CRT is to revise content that is accepted on the wiki.
Your point isn't on the wiki. I don't need to CRT something that isn't accepted.

The point is haki reissts devil fruits. There is no such point (Your point) that it affects non-devil fruits. Your entire CRT yesterday outlined Devil fruits and no mention of other abilities so you still need a CRT if you want to give characters resistances to abilities they have no feats against.
Damage said that he didn't resist it using Haki
Damage is wrong.
Proof that he resisted it? He got burned and complained. What are you even talking about?
Resist =/= nullifying the damage or taking very little damage. It means you're able to put any value >0 against it. Blackbeard suffered only some injury so he gets it.

I already covered all of this at length.
You brought up Garp for Regen Negation in the other thread. That sets prescedent. Truth is with the Pre-TS we don't have any clues he used Haki. It is an assumption he did and that haki could do that, which is somewhat respectable as Marco's regen stems from his devil fruit, we now haki resists df abilities, and Garp has armament haki (just don't know if he uses it at precise moments).

Yes, as shown by anyone who manages to bypass Luffy's rubber ability as well as hit Logia's.
Negation ≠ Resistance
I understand what you're are getting at as it pertains to effect. What I disagree with is the terms offensive/defensive etc to justify what can and cannot be resisted. I'll say again Haki offering resistance to this covers everything without getting overtly complicated
Here's what we can say.

It counters those abilities.

Because every time I say "resists", you guys bring up "negation" then argue against the "offensive/defensive" portion.
The point is haki reissts devil fruits. There is no such point (Your point) that it affects non-devil fruits. Your entire CRT yesterday outlined Devil fruits and no mention of other abilities so you still need a CRT if you want to give characters resistances to abilities they have no feats against.
So, lemme get this straight.
With all the reasoning I've been putting on
Like I've explained in many threads.
Devil Fruit abilities and regular abilities have no differentiation.
A Devil Fruit ability counts as a regular ability.

This is like another verse saying "I can absorb all Ki/Chakra/Nen/Reiatsu" and saying "only abilities tied to that power system. If it doesn't come from that power system, then it doesn't count". No.
You just say "no".

You didn't even prove why it's wrong, you just said no.
Damage is wrong.
I meant to say that Damage said that he resisted using Haki, which is unproven.
Resist =/= nullifying the damage or taking very little damage. It means you're able to put any value >0 against it. Blackbeard suffered only some injury so he gets it.
Again, never showed to use Haki in that instance. Not even a statement.
You brought up Garp for Regen Negation in the other thread. That sets prescedent. Truth is with the Pre-TS we don't have any clues he used Haki. It is an assumption he did and that haki could do that, which is somewhat respectable as Marco's regen stems from his devil fruit, we now haki resists df abilities, and Garp has armament haki (just don't know if he uses it at precise moments).
The databook says that Garp used Haki on Marco on 2 different occasions (Blue Deep and Vivre Cards), this argument is null and void.

I can't verify it since it's based off of speculation.

Maybe they're using invisible Haki, or maybe it is passive idek
Isn't armament haki an aura around your body and you can use that aura/spiritual to make it solid... as well as this? 🤔 he just released haki out of his hand and is stated to be armament haki... So I don't think you need to activate it but activating it does improve and make your haki stronger to defend against devil fruit abilities

Negation ≠ Resistance
So you think if someone manages to negate something then that does NOT count as resistance? If so, you have misunderstood Resistance as I already explained it. Haki resists the devil fruit to some degree. This means that you can potentially hurt luffy despite his devil fruit (Such as Doffy vs Base Luffy) but you might not (Doffy VS Gear 4).

Here's what we can say.

It counters those abilities.

Because every time I say "resists", you guys bring up "negation" then argue against the "offensive/defensive" portion.
I do not care for people citing negation either. I already proposed that it should just say resist abilities from devil fruits so if you are finally on board with that I am glad. Terms offense defense and negate convulude matters.
Devil Fruit abilities and regular abilities have no differentiation.
A Devil Fruit ability counts as a regular ability.
You haven't proven this at all. Like I said, make a CRT.
Blackbeard is currently accepted to be an Armament Haki user yet he was burned by Ace without any sign of resisting his flames and had to use his Devil Fruit to absorb it.

Of course one could say that Blackbeard didn't have Armament Haki at the time, or maybe Ace's flames were too good - but the same applies to Sabo vs. Jesus Burgess too. Jesus has Armamement Haki, Jesus ended up being fried by Sabo.

So based on the showings we have so far from Armament Haki users vs. Flame-Flame fruit users, I am not convinced that Armament Haki allows them to resist fire.
I meant to say that Damage said that he resisted using Haki, which is unproven.
That's not really what Damage said. They are just misrepresenting resistance and how it works.

I already covered all of this at length.
Again, never showed to use Haki in that instance. Not even a statement.
You literally just quoted an instance he used haki.
The databook says that Garp used Haki on Marco on 2 different occasions (Blue Deep and Vivre Cards), this argument is null and void.

Scan?

Blackbeard is currently accepted to be an Armament Haki user yet he was burned by Ace without any sign of resisting his flames and had to use his Devil Fruit to absorb it.
Why does Blackbeard have Armament exactly ? AFAIK he's never used it in canon. The entire reason he wanted the Yami Yami no Mi is because it powernulls every devil fruit ability on contact - so he doesn't even need armament to touch Logias

So you think if someone manages to negate something then that does NOT count as resistance? If so, you have misunderstood Resistance as I already explained it. Haki resists the devil fruit to some degree. This means that you can potentially hurt luffy despite his devil fruit (Such as Doffy vs Base Luffy) but you might not (Doffy VS Gear 4).

I do not care for people citing negation either. I already proposed that it should just say resist abilities from devil fruits so if you are finally on board with that I am glad. Terms offense defense and negate convulude matters.
Nevermind then.
You haven't proven this at all. Like I said, make a CRT.
Everybody except Fix, please tell me if this makes sense. Because I need it.

Logia fruits are 1:1 with real nature elements. Resisting a logia ability is the same as resisting a regular natural ability.
Specific Devil Fruits' have weakness to real natural elements. They have ties to regular natural elements.
Devil Fruits have nothing different from regular abilities except the source of the power.
Devil Fruit users do not require Devil Fruits to counter their abilities.
Devil Fruit users use scientific facts to amplify their abilities (Foxy uses Mirrors for his photons, Enel uses Gold for his lightning, etc.)

If you resist a DF ability, you can resist similar abilities outside of it, yes or no?
That's not really what Damage said. They are just misrepresenting resistance and how it works.
Damage: Blackbeard is currently accepted to be an Armament Haki user yet he was burned by Ace without any sign of resisting his flames and had to use his Devil Fruit to absorb it.
Me: We have no proof he used his Haki in that instance
You: Some random stuff
You literally just quoted an instance he used haki.
I'm talking about Blackbeard, and I guarantee you he's never used Buso on canon, so I know for a fact I've never done that.

I understand where Damage is coming from here, but I feel like we have a sufficient amount of examples to come to a logical conclusion. We can't possibly expect Oda to meticulously explain to us how each individual fruit can or will be resisted. That would be a colossal waste of time, and is just an unrealistic expectation given his schedule.

Anyway, I agree with the OP. Good job fellas.

If you resist a DF ability, you can resist similar abilities outside of it, yes or no?
Yes 👀 if haki resist Magu Magu no Mi then haki resists heat based attacks same with other abilities. Logia users can use elements around them and create them which are fully natural... Yuki Yuki no Mi is a snow devil fruit and she can move around in snow... Haki resist her ability which means haki also resist cold or snow 🤔😅

Last edited:
I understand where Damage is coming from here, but I feel like we have a sufficient amount of examples to come to a logical conclusion. We can't possibly expect Oda to meticulously explain to us how each individual fruit can or will be resisted. That would be a colossal waste of time, and is just an unrealistic expectation given his schedule.

Anyway, I agree with the OP. Good job fellas.
Wouldn't it be more reasonable to list the abilities that haven't been shown to interact with Haki yet as a "possibly"?

So here's the real question : Can Big Mom resist/powenull Buggy using his power to avoid her sword slashes ?

So here's the real question : Can Big Mom resist/powenull Buggy using his power to avoid her sword slashes ?
Via the "negate negate negate resist = negate negate negate" people, yes.

Via feats, no.

I didn't read the whole thread, but I have a question.

Doesn't haki specifically allow you to resist abilities from devil fruits, and not that power in general? Like, if Haki allows you to resist Enel's electricity because it specifically comes from a devil fruit, it doesn't mean it allows you to resist electricity from, idk, Zeus or Pikachu.

I need to know if it's one way or the other, and if the thing has been discussed.

I didn't read the whole thread, but I have a question.

Doesn't haki specifically allow you to resist abilities from devil fruits, and not that power in general? Like, if Haki allows you to resist Enel's electricity because it specifically comes from a devil fruit, it doesn't mean it allows you to resist electricity from, idk, Zeus or Pikachu.

I need to know if it's one way or the other, and if the thing has been discussed.
Haki resist electricity yes... Every type of electricity... Maybe not haki infused electricity... Haki can't be affected by mostly anything... It's like a ghost but solid

Actually that's kinda true. Haki users can physically interact with say, a Mera Mera user (Flame human) but they can't do anything to Prometheus - who is just fire imbued with a soul

Of course, they can defend themselves against a fire attack more effectively with armament because it's also a defensive technique. I feel the same would hold for electrical attacks too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back