• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Haki Devil Fruit Resistance Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't haki specifically allow you to resist abilities from devil fruits, and not that power in general? Like, if Haki allows you to resist Enel's electricity because it specifically comes from a devil fruit, it doesn't mean it allows you to resist electricity from, idk, Zeus or Pikachu.

You'd think not, if the statements in support of this specifically say that users can resist Devil Fruit abilities. Why wouldn't it just say "all abilities"?

Actually that's kinda true. Haki users can physically interact with say, a Mera Mera user (Flame human) but they can't do anything to Prometheus - who is just fire imbued with a soul
Because they negate the intangibility to hit the true body.
Prometheus has no true body. Negate his intangibility and there's nothing to hit.

You'd think not, if the statements in support of this specifically say that users can resist Devil Fruit abilities. Why wouldn't it just say "all abilities"?
Haki is also a type of ability... When luffy uses red hawk he uses haki since it resist heat same with electricity attacks from luffy he uses haki... But he can use it without haki since he's Rubber

Last edited:
Was resistance shown on screen?
If yes then there's no need for possibly nor likely it's not like it's the yhwach's Sternritter's Schrift

So it's not real NPI, it's limited to Logia DF users only
It's not NPI at all, it's Elemental Intangibility Negation, 2 different things.
Was resistance shown on screen?
If yes then there's no need for possibly nor likely it's not like it's the yhwach's Sternritter's Schrift
Yes, when Big Mom and Kaido couldn't get teleported by Law because they had superior Haki

Wouldn't it be more reasonable to list the abilities that haven't been shown to interact with Haki yet as a "possibly"?
Let me give you an example I feel like we can both agree on, or at least I would seriously hope so lol.

The Truth Seeking Balls have been stated to nullify All Ninjutsu it comes in contact with. For that it was logically awarded with Power Nullification, but the TSBs haven't actually been demonstrated, on-screen, to nullify every Ninjutsu under the sun (Because that would be ridiculous lol). Does that mean we should limit the Power Nullification to only the abilities we've seen negated, when we know for a fact it would work on anything as long as it can be physically touched and doesn't have Senjutsu?

I know that Haki is a bit harder to quantify because it's not straight up negation/nullification, but rather resistance, and DFs have more confusing categories. Still, the umbrella statement should cover them all I think.

We haven't seen the TSOs negating a Water bullet, and we haven't seen Armament Haki resisting Sugar's DF, but I feel like it's a pretty safe assumption that both would successfully do those things. This belief of mine has been even further reinforced after the recent events involving Law.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, its resistance.

Someone with higher potency can overpower it.

This won't become the "Haki blocks everything gg" or "Reaitsu Crush Nen Crush gg" treatment, this is "do you have superior potency? Yes, okay then. No? Wow"

All it is is a lot of resistances. This is why I heavily disagreed in the previous threads to make it power nullification, because that would be
A. Too broken
B. Incorrect

So, if I got it right the thing is that haki users don't have a "pure" resistance to all those powers in general, they resist them when they originate from Devil Fruits. Is it correct?

So, if I got it right the thing is that haki users don't have a "pure" resistance to all those powers in general, they resist them when they originate from Devil Fruits. Is it correct?
Um haki does also resist outside of devil fruits like this ... Luffy uses haki to ignite his arm with fire and has no affect because of armament haki... Luffy punches pure fire with armament haki and has no affect

Last edited:
Is that true tho? So your saying if it's hot enough it can affect armament haki? Or are you talking about attack potency
Hot enough.
Of course, simple resistance to one showing of an ability isn't enough to ignore all uses of that ability, as some applications may be far stronger, while others may work differently, meaning they must be resisted differently. As a result, when resistance is listed on a page, it's important to describe the specifics.

Hot enough.
But there is literally no showings of haki getting affected by hot stuff... Even against hotter stuff... There is nothing that suggests that if the ability is stronger it can affect armament haki. Where does that even come from?

Last edited:
But there is literally no showings of haki getting affected by hot stuff... Even against hotter stuff... There is nothing that suggests that if the ability is stronger it can affect armament haki. Where does that even come from?
Because it's common sense...

If the literal sun fell on you, do you think Haki's stopping it? No.

That's a NLF, which we don't accept.

The thread is targeting resistance, not immunity, which is the main thing I'm trying to AVOID.
Oh ok... But there are statements and showing that haki not getting affected at all by the devil fruit's abilities... Never has it even a little bit been affected so why will it be... if it's hotter or colder? If this is the case then it's literally impossible to make some immune to something

Oh ok... But there are statements and showing that haki not getting affected at all by the devil fruit's abilities... Never has it even a little bit been affected so why will it be if it's hotter or colder?
Because the abilities inside One Piece are not the peak prowess of heat or cold throughout fiction.

The minimum that the Mera Mera should be capable of is burning word. Haki should resist that, making it whatever temperature is > burning wood.

If somebody passively vaporizes oceans, Haki is not stopping that.

Because the abilities inside One Piece are not the peak prowess of heat or cold throughout fiction.

The minimum that the Mera Mera should be capable of is burning word. Haki should resist that, making it whatever temperature is > burning wood.

If somebody passively vaporizes oceans, Haki is not stopping that.
Think so how do you get someone to immunity?

Think so how do you get someone to immunity?
Qualifying for Immunity is difficult, as no simple show of resistance is enough, and statements could easily be hyperbole or only apply in-verse. Immunity should only be given when the user in question entirely lacks what would normally be affected. An inorganic being, for example, has no biological components to manipulate, and an entity without a soul won't be harmed by Soul Manipulation.

Oh ok I understand but haki is literal will power or spiritual which means fire can't affect it right? Fire cannot burn soul's or spiritual power so isn't that immunity?

Oh ok I understand but haki is literal will power or spiritual which means fire can't affect it right? Fire cannot burn soul's or spiritual power so isn't that immunity?
No... and Busoshoku Haki is not Willpower, that's only Haoshoku.

It has physical form.
Anything with physical form is capable of being burned.

Alright.

What do we qualify the resistances for?

I refuse to make Haki's heat resistance the peak heat for Mera and Magu, I'd put it towards Oven's best feats like combusting wood or something instead of passive snow and vaping steel.

We need to quantify the elemental resistances and the other abilities that require measurements w/ potency.

Why would we scale the baseline of Haki to the peak feats?
Since it's stated it's a defense against all devil fruit abilities... No matter how strong that devil fruit ability is... That's why you don't need a devil fruit to be a god tier... You need strong haki... If that's the case then it's the same as saying haki defends some of the devil fruit abilities

Since it's stated it's a defense against all devil fruit abilities... No matter how strong that devil fruit ability is... That's why you don't need a devil fruit to be a god tier... You need strong haki... If that's the case then it's the same as saying haki defends some of the devil fruit abilities
You think Pre Timeskip Kalifa can block a fullpower only Magu punch from Akainu or a quake from WB if they use only DF and she uses Haki?

Did you not just read what he said? He LITERALLY said BASELINE.

You think Pre Timeskip Kalifa can block a fullpower only Magu punch from Akainu or a quake from WB if they use only DF and she uses Haki?
She can stop the heat yes but not the ap and if she has armament haki activated.. Also akainu and WB has one of the strongest haki for a reason... All the top tiers have haki not because it makes them strong... It makes them be able to actually compete with devil fruit abilities...

She can stop the heat yes but not the ap and if she has armament haki activated
No, because we say resist for a reason.

DF abilities are resisted, but do you have a reason for it to be the maximum capacity for every devil fruit?

If so, I'd actually like to hear it. I'm interested.

No, because we say resist for a reason.

DF abilities are resisted, but do you have a reason for it to be the maximum capacity for every devil fruit?

If so, I'd actually like to hear it. I'm interested.
Well actually isn't you that need to prove that we shouldn't use haki to resist for all devil fruit abilities? You are kinda saying the same way as saying haki only defend against some devil fruit abilities but just in a different way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back