• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MASSIVE Gravity Falls Upgrade

Erm, not sure if this is the case when infinity is divided by infinity, which is just unquantifiable based on how we seem to treat it.
It's still not necessarily finite. The natural number line can contain an infinite number of infinite series without having two numbers at the same series (such as the exponents of all prime numbers, starting with exponents of 2, then 3, then 5 and so on).

This is still unquantifyable though

Sooo, back to another point, assuming that Bill would tank this without issue would mean the collapse of the Nightmare Realm is more dangerous than the rift.

.....Which is pretty odd to say the least.

Lightbuster30 seems to make sense to me.

Which staff members should I send notifications to?

Sooo, back to another point, assuming that Bill would tank this without issue would mean the collapse of the Nightmare Realm is more dangerous than the rift.

.....Which is pretty odd to say the least.
It most certainly is not. "The fabric of existence" includes the Nightmare Realm too. It may not be a conventional dimension; being a "dimension between dimensions" but it's still part of reality. I can assure you an explosion taking out all of reality down to it's fabric (The rift) is going to be more dangerous than one of it's inner realms exploding (Nightmare Realm). By default, the rift is doing more damage. Hell, the Nightmare Realm destroying itself won't even harm the multiverse, since Bill just needed to escape and wouldn't have to worry about it, yet the rift will destroy absolutely everything.

It most certainly is not. "The fabric of existence" includes the Nightmare Realm too. It may not be a conventional dimension; being a "dimension between dimensions" but it's still part of reality. I can assure you an explosion taking out all of reality down to it's fabric (The rift) is going to be more dangerous than one of it's inner realms exploding (Nightmare Realm). By default, the rift is doing more damage. Hell, the Nightmare Realm destroying itself won't even harm the multiverse, since Bill just needed to escape and wouldn't have to worry about it, yet the rift will destroy absolutely everything.
The Nightmatre realm is more like the outside realm of Gravity Falls, since it's the background to all the universes, so the nightmare realm being destroyed is probably going to also destroy the universes in it as well

The Nightmatre realm is more like the outside realm of Gravity Falls, since it's the background to all the universes, so the nightmare realm being destroyed is probably going to also destroy the universes in it as well
No it's not, it's just a dimension that exists between dimensions and from what I remember brings Nightmares to life. Absolutely nothing indicates it's some backdrop for other dimensions to exist on just because it happens to be between them, which most certainly isn't remotely enough proof by itself.

If I recall correctly, Bill was trying to get out of the Nightmare Realm because he can't really throw a party in there because it was "Decaying", so that's why he wanted to go to the main universe and gain a physical form

If I recall correctly, Bill was trying to get out of the Nightmare Realm because he can't really throw a party in there because it was "Decaying", so that's why he wanted to go to the main universe and gain a physical form
Yeah, And he was also IMPRISONED there. He basically wanted to break free of his prison in the nightmare realm so he could throw an endless party (and "liberate" a new universe)

Also Bill started to search for a new universe only after he learned about the prophecy of weirdmaggedon, which was only known to him 1 billion years ago, compared to the at least 1 trillion years he spent imprisoned in the Nightmare Realm

The very instant the Journal claims the Nightmare Realm is going to self-destruct, it states that this is why Bill is looking for a way into the third dimension.

The very instant the Journal claims the Nightmare Realm is going to self-destruct, it states that this is why Bill is looking for a way into the third dimension.
From Bill's page in the Gravity Falls wikia, here what it say about his time in the Nightmare realm:

"He eventually took over a boiling, shifting intergalactic foam between dimensions: a lawless, unstable crawlspace known as the Nightmare Realm. Unfortunately, due to the Nightmare Realm's lawlessness and lack of any consistent physics or rules, it was fated to collapse into itself eventually. After coming to learn of a prophecy that stated he would merge the Nightmare Realm with the third dimension, Bill started coming into contact with humans to accomplish this."

It doesn't states that Bill wanted to escape the place because it's going to destroy itself, but rather than Bill tried to search for a way to get a physical form and get a new universe to rule becuase of the prophecy of weirdmaggedon, which he only discovered in the last billion years of his imprisonment, which lasted more than a trillion years. If he really needed to escape that badly, he would've searched somewhere else to invade long before he would even come to this prophecy

It doesn't states that Bill wanted to escape the place because it's going to destroy itself, but rather than Bill tried to search for a way to get a physical form and get a new universe to rule becuase of the prophecy of weirdmaggedon, which he only discovered in the last billion years of his imprisonment, which lasted more than a trillion years. If he really needed to escape that badly, he would've searched somewhere else to invade long before he would even come to this prophecy
Bill took over the Nightmare Realm as a hideout for him and his cronies, but because this place is lawless, without any consistent physics or rules, it is eventually fated to self-destruct. This is why Bill seeks a new, more stable dimension to take over and a foolish mind willing to let him in.
It quite literally does. Seriously, the Journal page saying this was given by the OP themselves.

Who the hell cares if a supplementary guidebook says Bill is a "threat to the multiverse" what feats does he actually have that indicate he can one-shot it? The statement just means he will cause trouble to the multiverse if not stopped.

Hard disagree.

Literally nothing implied that he can destroy it overtime or with minor damage tho, especially when he stated that he can do things to all the reality like messing with the causality across such scale.

Doesn't change what I said lol. The Databook existing in-universe doesn't make it not a databook.
Literally everything in the show explains how Bill Cipher is a threat to the entire multiverse. This was also said in the series multiple times, especially by Ford

And before you try to pull a DBZ here and say "textbooks aren't canon", well, Alex Hirsch literally stated they are canon to the show

They're the same journals. They're as canon as a scientist's research notes in a sci-fi verse. Just calling them databooks is dismissive as hell. The credibility is of course debatable as any statements but calling them databooks is a bit erroneous.

Of course, even I'm not that behind "threat" scaling. I'm correcting the whole databook thing.

I don't mind Matthew disagreeing on 2-A Bill, but him purposely ignoring the journals (and evidences in the show itself that says that) is what I'm against.

You can't just dismiss a piece of information because you don't like it, because like it or not, the evidence is there and the journals were confirmed to be canon

Being a threat to the multiverse definitely does not remotely automatically mean one-shotting it. Matthew is correct about that.

Being a threat to the multiverse definitely does not remotely automatically mean one-shotting it. Matthew is correct about that.
On that I agree with. However, the rift was definitely stated to completely destroy the fabric of existence, something that likely means the multiverse as opposed to just a single reality. Which is why "Unknown, 2-A via Rift" is on the table.

I'll be honest. I doubt Bill's durability would scale. Having infinitely higher durability than his raw power being nonsensical aside, I feel like his potential fate is filled with a lot of ambiguity. Maybe he'd tank it, maybe he'd die, maybe he'd regenerate or he'd have a way to avoid the collapse all together. Personally, I feel like he should be Unknown across the board.

Back