• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive ao oni revision

Sans2345

He/Him
Ao oni should ignore durability via transmutation hax, and has poor supporting facts about the AP, it destroyed a small dresser which in this case would be street level+ the pushing a large bookcase fact should be lifting strength not AP or durability, which do not scale to AP and durability

So ao oni should be 9-B and 9-C and should have transmutation hax and can ignore durability and should have lifting strength of the moving a large bookcase fact in AP.

Oni already has transmutation listed on the profile. Oni's transmutation appears to function via necromancy.

Destroying the dresser would depend on the size of the dresser and the level of destruction. I don't remember enough about Ao Oni to say off hand what tier it should be. Putting a hole in a wooden floor may easily be wall level, however, depending on the size of the hole. I've done calcs about characters cratering wooden floors and those were in the wall level range. I think that may need to be calced.

You are correct that pushing a bookcase is a lifting strength feat, and would not scale to AP/durability.

Jaften said:
Oni already has transmutation listed on the profile. Oni's transmutation appears to function via necromancy.
Destroying the dresser would depend on the size of the dresser and the level of destruction. I don't remember enough about Ao Oni to say off hand what tier it should be. Putting a hole in a wooden floor may easily be wall level, however, depending on the size of the hole. I've done calcs about characters cratering wooden floors and those were in the wall level range. I think that may need to be calced.

You are correct that pushing a bookcase is a lifting strength feat, and would not scale to AP/durability.
Yes but when ao oni kills you he kills you on contact implying you turned into a oni yourself

The Smashor said:
Also, Ao Oni should have minor Toon Force for it's hiding behind a diologue box thing. Toon Force isn't restricted to silly characters, after all.
How is that toon force that's 4th wall awareness

Actually, I'm on Sans2345's side on this. Ao Oni doesn't forcefully bend or break the laws of physics ("toon-force") in order to hide behind a dialogue box. Rather, all it does is seemingly use meta-knowledge ("breaking the 4th wall") of the fact that the player(s) cannot see what is happening behind a dialogue box to its advantage.

If Ao Oni did something like create or move a dialogue box (which exists as part of the 4th wall of the game) in order to cover itself or anything else, I might feel differently about this—but all it does is passively exploit something that already existed in the game at the time, which I feel is best described as simply "breaking the 4th wall."

GojiBoyForever said:
I feel it is just toon force.
But there's no physics involved here. Just knowledge that the player can't see past the dialogue boxes.

Back