• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ao Oni Revision: Decomposition

Currently, Ao Oni's profile states that "This profile covers all versions of the game, the movies, and other official sources". However, I propose that certain versions should be excluded from the main profile:

1. Ao Oni: The Animation: The comedic versions of Ao Oni.
2. Ao Oni Version 6.23 SOUTHPARK: The South Park parody version of Ao Oni and therefore alters the original storyline.

The other kinds of media Ao Oni appears in is all in Japanese, idk Japanese but maybe someone who does could make blog profiles of the Oni from the different films.

So i watched the first Ao Oni film through Youtube and The Oni should be around baseline 9-C or 9-B, being able to brutally multilate humans, unlike it's game counterpart, it doesn't have the ability to turn people into Onis and only can imitate the voices of humans.

And how would we handle films, would we make seperate profiles for The Oni in each film or merge them?

Thank you for your effort!

And how would we handle films, would we make seperate profiles for The Oni in each film or merge them?
I feel that it depends on if the films are the same continuity. Ao Oni Wiki may not be reliable in this subject because of massively missing information.

Last edited:
I feel that it depends on if the films are the same continuity. Ao Oni Wiki may not be reliable in this subject because of massively missing information.
Alright, i'll probably watch the 2015 film some other time, and i'm not really sure if the films are in the same continuity.

Also, methinks the verse page for Ao Oni needs a massive rework, it is quite old and outdated now, Ao Oni is clearly a franchise not just a game.

Also, methinks the verse page for Ao Oni needs a massive rework, it is quite old and outdated now, Ao Oni is clearly a franchise not just a game.
Right. Ao Oni has Ao Oni, Ao Oni 2, and Ao Oni 3 as a game series. Ao Oni has a Japanese-only mobile game (which has some crossover characters but are generally just a Oni with the hair of said crossover characters) Ao Oni Wiki may not cover these content well and you can try to search it in Japanese since there might be Ao Oni Wiki in Japanese?

Right. Ao Oni has Ao Oni, Ao Oni 2, and Ao Oni 3 as a game series. Ao Oni has a Japanese-only mobile game (which has some crossover characters but are generally just a Oni with the hair of said crossover characters) Ao Oni Wiki may not cover these content well and you can try to search it in Japanese since there might be Ao Oni Wiki in Japanese?
From what i saw Ao Oni Ver 2.0 (the 2015 film) is not really a sequel and it adds Blockman.

So yeah i think it's safe, to add 2015 version of Oni.

By the way, apparently there's a Ao Oni novel, but it's probably all in japanese making it impossible to index.
Ao Oni even has novels for young readers (I'm serious), but they are all in Japanese and we currently cannot access to their contents.

By the way, I don't know if Ao Oni Online (a Japanese mobile game) is available now since Japanese mobile games tend to shut down when they fail to make money. It mainly contributes many, many Onis.

Ao Oni even has novels for young readers (I'm serious), but they are all in Japanese and we currently cannot access to their contents.

By the way, I don't know if Ao Oni Online (a Japanese mobile game) is available now since Japanese mobile games tend to shut down when they fail to make money. It mainly contributes many, many Onis.
Yeah i played it, one thing i noticed about that game is that most of the "players" are mostly bots.

Also, i don't know anyone would be willing to rework the Ao Oni verse page as it is quite outdated and kind of messy and the "power of the verse" needs a massive rework considering there is a ton of Ao Oni media that comes from Japan.

Also, the humans in that verse page are not needed and should be taken off for now and only have the Oni profiles.

The summary should be updated to something like this

"Ao Oni (青鬼, lit. 'Blue Demon') is a freeware horror game and dojin soft video game series created by noprops. It was first released in Japan in November 2008. The game follows a group of teenagers that decide to explore a deserted mansion that is rumored to be haunted. The group heavily disagree with the rumors that the mansion is haunted not beleiving in the supernatural, the group soon discovers that the mansion is home to a mysterious creature referred to as "Ao Oni", a tall humanoid with a deformed face that proceeds to chase after Hiroshi while attempting to escape the mansion from this demonic creature. Since then, the game has gained a cult following, getting light novels, mobile sequels, anime, and even two live-action films."

Also, methinks the game version of Ao Oni (not southpark) should be 9-C, possibly 9-B, in the game, it literally devours one of the teenagers

2015 Oni is here.

Yeah i played it, one thing i noticed about that game is that most of the "players" are mostly bots.
An average day for online game with few real players. If my memory is wrong, Ao Oni Online has some "challenge mode" thing?
2015 Oni is here.

Thank you for your effort!

Last edited:
Also, methinks the game version of Ao Oni (not southpark) should be 9-C, possibly 9-B, in the game, it literally devours one of the teenagers
Game Ao Oni has wall breaking feats, if my memory is not wrong. Ao Oni 2, Ao Oni 3 are technically canon Ao Oni games and they may have provided wall breaking feats. Ao Oni X is ambiguous canon though.

Game Ao Oni has wall breaking feats, if my memory is not wrong. Ao Oni 2, Ao Oni 3 are technically canon Ao Oni games and they may have provided wall breaking feats. Ao Oni X is ambiguous canon though.
Problem is though, most of those games are all in Japanese just like the films, and they are lesser known and more obscure compared to the first game.

But to me, "the sequels" are just different takes on the first game.

Right. The sequels have wall breaking feats and the "Ao Oni virus" thing, and therefore cannot be ignored if we want to keep the virus and wall level rating.
That should be included in The Oni's profile then, it should give it disease manipulation except for the film versions that don't have this ability.

Should some of the humans like Hiroshi get profiles, the humans don't do much in terms of AP.
I feel that only the playable characters can have profiles because they have feats (e.g. pulling closets, pushing boxes, pushing stone, dealing with the Oni). Non-playable characters typically don't have such feats. Hiroshi is definitely a playable character.

Last edited:
That should be included in The Oni's profile then, it should give it disease manipulation except for the film versions that don't have this ability.
While the original Ao Oni does not clearly state that the Oni has "Ao Oni virus", the Japanese sequels have clearly show this.

I feel that only the playable characters can have profiles because they have feats (e.g. pulling closets, pushing boxes, pushing stone, dealing with the Oni). Non-playable characters typically don't have such feats. Hiroshi is definitely a playable character.
You know, i feel like profiles for their anime versions would be better, Mika literally beat Blockman onis to death in one of the episodes and can somehow send Ao Oni flying across the mansion.

You know, i feel like profiles for their anime versions would be better, Mika literally beat Blockman onis to death in one of the episodes and can somehow send Ao Oni flying across the mansion.
Now I suddenly feel that "anime versions" is inaccurate because Ao Oni: The Animation (TV) is a comedic portrayal while Ao Oni: The Animation (Film) is a serious portrayal.

Now I suddenly feel that "anime versions" is inaccurate because Ao Oni: The Animation (TV) is a comedic portrayal while Ao Oni: The Animation (Film) is a serious portrayal.
We should really rename them, whenever i add Ao Oni from the anime film, they literally share the same name.

So...i watched the anime film, and man the animation is uncanny looking.

If you want to see it, here you go, The Oni (or "Bellflower Monster") shows 9-B feats like breaking down metal doors, etc.

Back