• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MASHLE: Magic and Muscles Discussion Thread

Should we put EE resistance to Mash? The fanbook says that Zero didnt used spatial magic because the darkness and time magic are more affective against Mash, what would imply that he has some sorta of resistance

We could put it as "Possible" tho

Should we put EE resistance to Mash? The fanbook says that Zero didnt used spatial magic because the darkness and time magic are more affective against Mash, what would imply that he has some sorta of resistance

Maybe also effects from the Dark Magic? Though dark magic inconsistent.

It seems to me like an excuse from the author for having forgotten about this magic.

More effective can mean a lot. Time Magic is a magic with extreme range and Dark Magic is very versatile.

Space Magic from what has been demonstrated is just an EE and a few things. Even the third is kind of bad since the user kills himself.

And it's not like IZ has any way of knowing whether or not Mash can resist his Space Magic, since the guy never hit him with that magic, he just saw him dodging it.

Maybe being very good at arguing, I think it gives a "Possible" based on that.

Yeah, def gets resistance to darkness magic
Shall we give it to Margareth?

So when Wahlberg casts his Thirds, Innocent Zero's reaction is basically "he's finally using it", implying that Wahlberg has casted it before without killing himself.
Or it could be a reaction like "wow, he's using his Thirds for the first time" or "He's finally using the Thirds he's never used before"

If you are going to go by reaction, any interpretation can be drawn from that. The only thing we have is that the guy was basically going to kill himself.

Besides of course, at least where I see it, the old man says "I've been saving all my power for this moment" when he goes to use Thirds (indicating that he's never used it before), along with IZ saying things like "Would you dare- /That's stupid" when the guy reminds IZ that Spaces erases everything within a certain space and that it can't be "avoided", indicating that IZ didn't believe that the old man would use Thrids because not even he himself could avoid being hit.

Or it could be a reaction like "wow, he's using his Thirds for the first time" or "He's finally using the Thirds he's never used before"

If you are going to go by reaction, any interpretation can be drawn from that. The only thing we have is that the guy was basically going to kill himself.

Besides of course, at least where I see it, the old man says "I've been saving all my power for this moment" when he goes to use Thirds (indicating that he's never used it before), along with IZ saying things like "Would you dare- /That's foolish."
I mean it gives more evidence that Wahlberg has that dog in him, beating IZ in the past without Thirds.

It seems to me like an excuse from the author for having forgotten about this magic
Well, doesnt matter. Its the justification so it's canon
More effective can mean a lot. Time Magic is a magic with extreme range and Dark Magic is very versatile.

Space Magic from what has been demonstrated is just an EE and a few things. Even the third is kind of bad since the user kills himself.
The range of the Dark Magic isnt far from the Spatial Magic range. Both can reach entire mountains. Beside, Zero could land direct hits countless times, if the Spatial EE was useful he could have just used it once and would be over, and yet he decided to go with the Dark Magic.

Also, Zero went countless times to the past trying several things to change the outcome of the fight, so we can assume without much problem that he tried to use EE against Mash at least once

The range of the Dark Magic isnt far from the Spatial Magic range.
I didn't compare the range of Dark and Space, I compared it to Time, since on the wiki a time stop is by default universal and has things like going back in time.

I said that dark is more versatile since IZ can increase things with Dark like lava and there is the mind control thing.

if the Spatial EE was useful he could have just used it once and would be over, and yet he went with the Dark Magic, a BFR technique.
there is something called a "script".

Why didn't IZ also instantly stop time at the beginning of the fight against Mash and then kill him? or stopped time instantly and killed all his friends. Why did he wait for the last second to stop time? Why didn't he do these things despite giving him a victory? Because there is a script.

IZ could have also used Space Magic on Mash's friends, but he didn't do that. Not even in Domina did he use Space Magic. And as far as I remember, it was never mentioned that Mash or Domina's friends resist Space Magic.

The guy could have even summoned Uranus and done an AOE EE and finished off all of Mash's friends at once without worrying about getting hit since he was immortal. But he didn't do it because it was simply a script.
Also, Zero went countless times to the past trying several things to try to change the outcome of the fight, so we can assume without much problem that he tried to use EE against Mash at least once
And Mash could have simply dodged those attacks the same way he did when IZ acquired Space Magic.

Mash can't resist the time stop, which would give IZ a victory if used correctly, but he still managed to beat IZ every time during time travel, and IZ certainly used time stop at least once by logic.

So him dealing with Space Magic doesn't mean he's resistant to it, considering he beat IZ every time even though he didn't have resistance to Time Stop for example.

I said that dark is more versatile since IZ can increase things with Dark like lava and there is the mind control thing.
Yeah, and neither of these were used.
Why didn't IZ also instantly stop time at the beginning of the fight against Mash and then kill him? or stopped time instantly and killed all his friends. Why did he wait for the last second to stop time? Why didn't he do these things despite giving him a victory? Because there is a script.
Because Mash is build different
Like, literally
No matter what, the outcome will always be his victory
He can even start to fight with his perfect forma from the start and still lose somehow
IZ could have also used Space Magic on Mash's friends, but he didn't do that. Not even in Domina did he use Space Magic. And as far as I remember, it was never mentioned that Mash or Domina's friends resist Space Magic.
Against them was main because he was playing around. He basically only used danmaku against them and that's it. Not even Dark Magic or any relevant hax
The guy could have even summoned Uranus and done an AOE EE and finished off all of Mash's friends at once without worrying about getting hit since he was immortal. But he didn't do it because it was simply a script.
He tried to use Dark Magic against his friends but he had hold the blast to not damage everyone
And Mash could have simply dodged those attacks the same way he did when IZ acquired Space Magic.
Yeah, he still got hit multiple times against Dark Magic

The logic is simple:

IZ used Dark Magic against Mash instead of Spatial Magic because it's more useful, thus he have possible some sort of resistance

Because Mash is build different
Like, literally
No matter what, the outcome will always be his victory
He can even start to fight with his perfect forma from the start and still lose somehow
And this doesn't give Mash any resistance since he doesn't resist, for example, Time Stop.

Against them was main because he was playing around. He basically only used danmaku against them and that's it. Not even Dark Magic or any relevant hax
IZ used both dark magic and time magic against Domina, but no Space Magic.

Besides that he IZ used Darkness against Mash's friends, it was like, the first attack he made against them in chapter 157.

So yes, they were using dark magic and relevant hax against Domina and Mash's friends.

It's not just against Mash that he didn't use space magic, he didn't use it against anyone, even fodder in which he used both darkness and timez.
Yeah, he still got hit multiple times against Dark Magic

The logic is simple:

IZ used Dark Magic against Mash instead of Spatial Magic because it's more useful, thus he have possible some sort of resistance
More useful doesn't mean "Space Magic doesn't work on Mash even if it hits him"

Furthermore, since the author said that IZ didn't use Space Magic against Mash, so he didn't even use it during time travel.

So there would be no way for IZ to know that Mash resists Space Magic in the sense of being erased when hit if he never hit him with that magic.

Mashle opening got 12 million of views
One Piece new opening got 9 million of views

With this amount of sucess we may get a new part for Mashle lol

Well it's not like Shueisha can force Komoto to continue on Mashle, unless they pull a FotNS again...

Also, any news on revisions? Like the tsunami, or scaling?

Oh, I also need to finish the drafts for Epidem and an updated Dot and Lance... this stuff is tough work

Oh yeah, continuing the topic of Wahlberg scaling, shouldn't he downscale from Innocent Zero's Summons while using his own? Since while it was clear he was the weaker of the two, Innocent Zero still felt the need to summon Chronos.

Also, a good justification for base Innocent Zero would be "Despite having seen the battle between Doom and Mash play out, he still fought Mash without resorting to using his Summons"

That's okay, most people aren't. Need any help?
It's basically two things.

My confusion between two and three lines (since only the 3 lines appear when summoned, apart from the toys guy)

And general spells.

I was kind of unsure how I could categorize things, either by power level or by lines.

For example, the induction of illusion, pain and amplification of invocation is something you gain through magical power, that is, lines too.

But what about the dispel illusions spell? This is something you learn. Like I doubt that a boy who was born 2 lines but hasn't attended school yet knows about this spell. So you would probably also have to have mastery on the page.

Do you have discord man? I think I'm done with the woody woodpecker stuff, to try and help with a wizard's physiology.
I do, but I gotta check my computer in the morning. It's my wiki name, but there's a few numbers thrown in
It's basically two things.

My confusion between two and three lines (since only the 3 lines appear when summoned, apart from the toys guy)
So two lines are wizards who either unlocked them (thus the usual face tearing) or have been born with them. They usually have a higher base output from the get go and can cast secondths.

Three lines are wizards who have unlocked them, and nobody has been shown to be born with it. The only exception to this rule is Abel, but only cause he was granted it. With three lines, wizards can not only use secondths, but can also Summon the God of their wand, and in some cases even cast Thirds.
And general spells.
I have a bunch of bookmarked stuff that Lok has put down for specific levels.
I was kind of unsure how I could categorize things, either by power level or by lines.

For example, the induction of illusion, pain and amplification of invocation is something you gain through magical power, that is, lines too.
Yeah I can see why this is tricky. Despite being a single line wizard, Dot can still resist the sickening affect of Margarette's aura unlike Finn. But at that point, it can be chalked up to Dot having double line levels of power.
But what about the dispel illusions spell? This is something you learn. Like I doubt that a boy who was born 2 lines but hasn't attended school yet knows about this spell. So you would probably also have to have mastery on the page.
Yeah, its confusing...

Yeah I can see why this is tricky. Despite being a single line wizard, Dot can still resist the sickening affect of Margarette's aura unlike Finn. But at that point, it can be chalked up to Dot having double line levels of power.
The point is that Margaret is divine visionary level, and from what I know, they are all 3 lines.

So should I put the pain thing in 2 lines or 3 lines?

lol

You also have the option to add notes for special things.

Like Dragon Ball's ki manipulation, which despite its mastery, has notes saying that x characters don't have y abilities for n reasons.

But then there's a lot of content for me to deal with.

Back