• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mashle - Change in speed calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mashle Scaling Revisions​

1. Mash Overcomes Lance's Reaction Speed​

Current Scaling: Subsonic+ (Mach 0.51)
Proposal:
  • Utilize Lance's peak human perception timeframe, which aligns with the high-end calculation for this feat.
  • Lance's perception should not be limited to that of a regular human, considering his status as a powerful magic user with Double-Liner.
Adjusted Scaling: Subsonic+ (Mach 0.64)
Agree: @CloverDragon03, @SunDaGamer, @KLOL506
Disagree:

2. Abyss Blitzes Mash​

Current Scaling: Hypersonic+ (Mach 11 to 16.59)
Proposal:
  • Recalculate using the maximum human reaction time (0.08 seconds) instead of the outdated fighter pilot perception time (1/220 seconds).
Adjusted Scaling: Subsonic+, up to Transonic (Mach 0.63 to 0.94)

Disagree:

3. Mash Speedblitzes Domina​

Current Scaling: FTL+ (35.38c)
Adjusted Scaling:

Method 1

• Distance: 4421057.54258 meters
  • Timeframe: 0.08 seconds
  • Speed: 4421057.54258 / 0.08 = 55263219.2823 m/s or 0.18c (Relativistic)

Method 2

Agree (1):
Agree (2): @SunDaGamer, @KLOL506
Disagree:

4. Mash is a great swimmer​

Current Scaling: Subsonic (Mach 0.18)
  • Measuring the distance that Mash moves is too 2D. I think we can calculate it to look 3D using the width of Mash's body.
Adjusted Scaling: Subsonic (0.38 Mach)

Disagree:

Last edited:

Adjusted Scaling:
Well you see, we've already had a thread made over this a couple years back (holy shit). It basically came down to a similar consensus, but I think LOK said something about there being a method that got the feat higher. But I forgot what that was, best to message their wall right?

Well you see, we've already had a thread made over this a couple years back (holy shit). It basically came down to a similar consensus, but I think LOK said something about there being a method that got the feat higher. But I forgot what that was, best to message their wall right?
If you have a better way, please tell me. And can you attach a link to the thread you mentioned?

If you have a better way, please tell me. And can you attach a link to the thread you mentioned?

Adjusted Scaling:

Method 1

If anything 0,003 s should be used instead, It comes from the mach 7 scene but as they say Mash needed to react within 0,003 s since that's the timeframe for the shot to land, well ,Mash did react to it and properly blocked it; it's blatant he needed to react within that STATED timeframe.

The result would be 1473685666,666667 (FTL)

the scaling chain for giving Domina the same value is the same of the original calc.

Immediately after the last page, Mash had stated "he studied the wind up". He wasn't reacting to it right when it fired off.

Adjusted Scaling:

Method 1

Perception blitzes should use 0.0292 seconds right? Due to it being the baseline for moving fte.

Last edited:
Perception blitzes should use 0.0292 seconds right? Due to it being the baseline for moving fte.
Being FTE just grants subsonic speed. Subsonic perception time is not used for blitz calcs, 0.08s is the standard for peak human/superhuman characters without a stated reaction time.

Mashle Scaling Revisions​

1. Mash Overcomes Lance's Reaction Speed​

Current Scaling: Subsonic+ (Mach 0.51)
Proposal:
  • Utilize Lance's peak human perception timeframe, which aligns with the high-end calculation for this feat.
  • Lance's perception should not be limited to that of a regular human, considering his status as a powerful magic user with Double-Liner.
Adjusted Scaling: Subsonic+ (Mach 0.64)

2. Abyss Blitzes Mash​

Current Scaling: Hypersonic+ (Mach 11 to 16.59)
Proposal:
  • Recalculate using the maximum human reaction time (0.08 seconds) instead of the outdated fighter pilot perception time (1/220 seconds).
Adjusted Scaling: Subsonic+, up to Transonic (Mach 0.63 to 0.94)

(The calculation has not been evaluated.)

Adjusted Scaling:

Method 1

Method 2

4. Mash is a great swimmer​

Current Scaling: Subsonic (Mach 0.18)
  • Measuring the distance that Mash moves is too 2D. I think we can calculate it to look 3D using the width of Mash's body.
Adjusted Scaling: Subsonic (0.38 Mach)

There was no concensus of any form. You have 3 that agree and 5 that disagree while out of the 5 that disagree 2 gave conditions. Kindly wait for the crt to be over and for now remove the ftl+ calc from there. It is irrelevant

Being FTE just grants subsonic speed. Subsonic perception time is not used for blitz calcs, 0.08s is the standard for peak human/superhuman characters without a stated reaction time.
That's reaction time, to blitz a human's perception you would need to be at least fte, hence, 0.0292.

There was no concensus of any form. You have 3 that agree and 5 that disagree while out of the 5 that disagree 2 gave conditions. Kindly wait for the crt to be over and for now remove the ftl+ calc from there. It is irrelevant
I won't remove this from the thread because we might be able to use Slow Motion Calculations to calculate it and get good results. So I thought I'd wait and see the calc group's comments first.

You mean the Lance one? I don't see anything there rejecting the calculations.

There's a very limited amount of active Mashle supporters, it's best to let us speak so we can defend the verse
I didn't mean the calc was rejected. I mean there is an ongoing thread for staffs on whether stated speeds can be converted to reaction time to be used for another calc. He said the consensus was that they rejected it. I was just telling him the thread is not yet concluded

The thread was called "reaction times for blitzes"... So, one would figure...
Yeah no, you're being needlessly obtuse about this.
There is no timeframe for perception blitzes as of yet, since blitzing a person's eyesight requires far too many variables. We currently have no standard for this.

You don't use 75 FPS or 0.0292 seconds for anything, are any of you actually reading what's been said here? Use Human or Peak Human reaction timeframes unless you have proof that the character being blitzed has a in canon higher reaction time. Being Superhuman doesn't count as Kingtempest said as well.

Human eye doesn't have a goddamn FPS, we don't even see in frames. In reality it's impossible for someone to disappear for your line of focus like teleporting, they'd have to move faster than light for that to work. Since the light hitting them reflects off their body and goes back into your eye, you will still see their movement as a stupidly fast blur. Since you were intensely focusing on them.

Even if they're no longer there by the time you see it. Obviously people who are FTE aren't FTL, something can be so fast that our brain just filters it out. However, focus is a major part of this along with the distance, size, and lightning of the location you're in. All of these will massively effect the "timeframe" needed to "blitz" in this situation. Even being prepared for them to move effects your perception as well, and I'm certain there's more. Like the colors they're wearing compared to the background.

We have no standard precedent for this. There is far more in play then just speed and time.

The reason you don't notice your eye blinking unless you think about is because your brain is filtering it out so it doesn't get in the way of your sight. Despite the fact it happens so close to your face and even cuts off the light. That doesn't mean your perception is only 0.1 seconds.

If 75 fps was the limit of human sight, by some magically BS. I wouldn't be able to notice any difference between 60 FP and 140 FPS of my monitor. This is the same as assuming motion blur you see on the TV is the same as being the same as in your eyes, these work vastly different.

We see all of the frames, but the reason they look like smooth motion is how our brain filters that information so it doesn't look like that. People who are used to seeing a 140 FPS monitor find 30 or 24 FPS to be full of stutter, while people use to 30 or 24 FPS don't notice any stuttering and find 140 FPS to look weird or see no difference.

Of course this varies heavily to person to person. If we get a standard of perception blitzing here, that'd be fantastic, but no such standards exist.

If a perception blitz standard timeframe is indeed found it needs to be clearly written on our reactions and perceptions page.

What is the staff consensus here so far?
To stop using 0.029 seconds as a timeframe for blitzing people period, instead use the accepted human reaction times on our page. You can use a higher reaction time, but only if the character in question is meant to have higher reaction time in canon and not because of a calculation. If they have a higher canon reaction time you can use that.

In terms of staff votes. KLOL506, Flashlight237, and myself agree that this needs to be changed.

Having a standard of using Subsonic reaction times for blitzing people is not acceptable.

Perception blitzes are a different issue will seem to be handled somewhere else. That is not the point of this thread.

This wasn't an official rule on our pages or anything, but there are currently accepted calculations that use this figure and will need to be changed.
Im pretty sure a lot more of us have agreed to that standard as well

The 0.003 s means the reaction has an error room of 0.003 s, and should not be used to stack up to the reaction speed on a Mach 7 projectile to be FTL whatever.

This is said when we assume the estimations of the protagonist and the antagonist are reliable for use in vs debating.

The 0.003 s means the reaction has an error room of 0.003 s, and should not be used to stack up to the reaction speed on a Mach 7 projectile to be FTL whatever.

This is said when we assume the estimations of the protagonist and the antagonist are reliable for use in vs debating.
I mean ignoring that it shouldn't be used, I feel like it'd be a reliable statement. The dude saying it travels at Mach 7 is the castor of the spell, and the scruffy haired one named Dot making the calculation is an especially studious student at Easton (one of the top 3 academies in the continent)

Adjusted Scaling:

Method 1

Method 2

I've seen these kinds of calcs brought up again and again. Once more, I have to ask: please stop bringing these calcs involving deriving character perception times from speed into their own revisions. The thread you linked has not concluded, so you cannot say a decision has not been reached

I've seen these kinds of calcs brought up again and again. Once more, I have to ask: please stop bringing these calcs involving deriving character perception times from speed into their own revisions. The thread you linked has not concluded, so you cannot say a decision has not been reached
OK, I'll keep it closed.

So what are your thoughts on the remaining proposals?

OK, I'll keep it closed.

So what are your thoughts on the remaining proposals?
First two calcs are fine. Using 0.08 seconds should work (and in the second case, is very warranted given the 1/220 figure is no longer used). I'll take a look at the third one

First two calcs are fine. Using 0.08 seconds should work (and in the second case, is very warranted given the 1/220 figure is no longer used). I'll take a look at the third one
Just so you know, we've already had a long discussion about a year ago. There was already a new method made at the end of the same thread, and there's another Calc that was posted here as well

What do you think about the proposals other than Proposition 3 that have been closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back