• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MASHLE: Magic and Muscles Discussion Thread

I would like to bring to VS Battles Wiki a new manga series I've been reading from the Shonen jump app.
It's basically Harry Potter meets One Punch Man x Black Clover.

What's It About: What It's about is the main protagonist Mash Vandead who was basically born without magic,
in this world it is actually illegal and he can be executed for it, so his adoptee father hides him away from The world
and has him train his physical body so he'd at least have a fighting chance, but he became really strong from it.
I don't want to go in to anymore detail without spoiling to much.

In short, It's really funny, nice action and actually a decent story in my opinion, Mash is actually down to earth and chill but doesn't have very good social skills given the fact that his dad is the only other human he's ever known, but he is very wholesome and caring, his friends and the other characters are great, it doesn't feel like Mash is carrying the show.

I'll be posting some feats and information from the series here going forward.
I'm no calc expert so any input on the feats I post are much appreciated.

Last edited:
to add to the fact that he gets really strong, he isn't something like Saitama for example, he can be hurt and people can actually give him a challenge, he once got stabbed in between his abs so he could clench his abs and catch his opponent so he isn't invincible and is actually smart at coming up with things on the fly using his immense strength in creative ways.

Ok to begin with, in the very first chapter, Mash Vandead casually slapped away an attack that was stated to be capable of destroying an entire forest.

Next, he managed to run on water, move his legs so fast he could fly on his broom (he doesn't have magic, like Asta from Black Clover, he can't use a broom)
He was once getting crushed by a gravity mage, but mash decided to just run so fast the gravity couldn't stop him, It's a reeeeeeally hard feat to calc I think.

As for intelligence he Isn't stupid, but he Isn't smart either, but he's really good at thinking of things on the fly to combat his opponent or do certain tasks Using his strength in various ways, so he Isn't a meat head.

As for weaknesses, well he can't use magic like I said.

He once lit a candle by twisting his wand really fast with friction, it created a fire storm like effect and lit it.
He once got stabbed in between his abs to catch his opponent
Who could slow him down drastically.
in the same chapter, his fist was slowed and he broke a massive chunk of the floor casually,
think about what Suiryu from One Punch Man did to the tournament arena If you've seen it.

Hyped to see two of the top mages duke it next chapter

Interested to see Second line of the sword dude, but I doubt will get to see it soon

So we got time magic, badass wands, top tiers going at it and Mash is obviously down the road gonna flex out of time stop because he's just that fit.....9/10 chapter

I really want to see the battle between two top tiers goes down, what kind of hax will be shown. The old man shows Resistance to Time Stop and Fear Inducement that cause that dude to hallucinate being cut down.

Mash has non-physical interaction and afterimage creation since he hit a hand spell in chapter 1;

In chapter 1, Mash easily violently fragmented a wooden door, a simple feat of level 9 support;

There is also a declaration of a spell that Mash countered with extreme ease, which could destroy an entire forest;

He also showed good aim by launching a wand that "circumvented" the wizard's protection.

In chapter 2, a teacher easily performs a feat, where he moved a piece of soil to form benches for the exam, there are a total of 6 benches, with something around 1 meter high and ten meters long in a circle (Each bench ), this appears to be a 9-A or 8-C feat;

Mash also managed to run in the water which, when I did my research, gave that for a person of medium weight to perform this feat, he would have to have the speed of a cheetah;

The exam teacher with the same earth magic created a labyrinth at least tens of meters long (It appears to be a feat of tier 8-C, high 8-C or 8-B), where the walls appear to be 3x the height human and more than a meter thick and Mash easily smashed the walls of the labyrinth violently

Btw what would be Mash tier? He could easily repel and overpowered a Forest busting attack although we never see the size of the forest
The other best feats are him being able to destroy walls and giant wooden dolls, unless I'm missing smtg
He would easily be Subsonic that's for sure

Btw what would be Mash tier? He could easily repel and overpowered a Forest busting attack although we never see the size of the forest
The other best feats are him being able to destroy walls and giant wooden dolls, unless I'm missing smtg
He would easily be Subsonic that's for sure
The only moment where we see a glimpse of the size of the forest is from the very first page. Mash has many Subsonic of blitzing many people, one of which being Lance in Chapter 9 iirc. Though he could travel faster than the Speed of Sound via this feat.

Back