• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mashle - Change in speed calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mashle Scaling Revisions​

1. Mash Overcomes Lance's Reaction Speed​

Current Scaling: Subsonic+ (Mach 0.51)
Proposal:
  • Utilize Lance's peak human perception timeframe, which aligns with the high-end calculation for this feat.
  • Lance's perception should not be limited to that of a regular human, considering his status as a powerful magic user with Double-Liner.
Adjusted Scaling: Subsonic+ (Mach 0.64)
Agree: @CloverDragon03, @SunDaGamer, @KLOL506
Disagree:

2. Abyss Blitzes Mash​

Current Scaling: Hypersonic+ (Mach 11 to 16.59)
Proposal:
  • Recalculate using the maximum human reaction time (0.08 seconds) instead of the outdated fighter pilot perception time (1/220 seconds).
Adjusted Scaling: Subsonic+, up to Transonic (Mach 0.63 to 0.94)

Disagree:

3. Mash Speedblitzes Domina​

Current Scaling: FTL+ (35.38c)
Adjusted Scaling:

Method 1

• Distance: 4421057.54258 meters
  • Timeframe: 0.08 seconds
  • Speed: 4421057.54258 / 0.08 = 55263219.2823 m/s or 0.18c (Relativistic)

Method 2

Agree (1):
Agree (2): @SunDaGamer, @KLOL506
Disagree:

4. Mash is a great swimmer​

Current Scaling: Subsonic (Mach 0.18)
  • Measuring the distance that Mash moves is too 2D. I think we can calculate it to look 3D using the width of Mash's body.
Adjusted Scaling: Subsonic (0.38 Mach)

Disagree:

Last edited:
Ammendment: so the first calc uses the slow-mo formula for the water being dumped in which case the Relativistic Low-End should be used since the water travelled too far to use snail speed but it's pretty clear that Mash was dumping them forcefully which skews trying to find the water's velocity from using just gravitational acceleration while the second calc uses Domina's water jet attack for the slow-mo which is a better way of finding Mash's speed, LOK used 0.013 m/s for snail speed but we use 0.00275 m/s now
  • (34.3/0.00275)*4420960.42064 = 5.51414336e+10 m/s, 183.9c (Massively FTL)

Last edited:
Ammendment: so the first calc uses the slow-mo formula for the water being dumped in which case the Relativistic Low-End should be used since the water travelled too far to use snail speed but it's pretty clear that Mash was dumping them forcefully which skews trying to find the water's velocity from using just gravitational acceleration while the second calc uses Domina's water jet attack for the slow-mo which is a better way of finding Mash's speed, LOK used 0.013 m/s for snail speed but we use 0.00275 m/s now
  • (34.3/0.00275)*4420960.42064 = 5.51414336e+10 m/s, 183.9c (Massively FTL)
Are you saying you agree with option 2 for type 2 calculations?

BTW, the 34.3 m/s true speed value for the water jet is potentially a massive lowball, as even tap water can like, descend at roughly 64 mph or 28.6111 m/s while according to the same link a water jet proper that cuts through stone or metal can do 4,000 km/h or 1111.1111 m/s.

Bump, how many members of the calc group are required to modify a single calculation? I'm a bit curious and couldn't find any information regarding this.

How many CGs are needed to get this passed?
I'm not sure, but I think it was at least 3 people. (I don't know if I understand correctly)
Iirc, the only profiles that are up who will have this new mftl+ scaling are Mash and Domina
Why will Domina scale accordingly? Domina just got hit by Mash Unlimited Physical Mode, he can't respond to MFTL+.

I'm actually still thinking about it, but it looks like this isn't a thread that talks about scaling, it's just about changing calculations. I'm not sure what we can say about sacling in this thread.

If so, Domina would instantly increase its speed from Mach 7 to 5958.28 c, which I think is an extremely high result. I don't think Domina's claim to have "Hypersonic to up Massively FTL+ with Poseidon Extreme Fury" is too much of an outlier, as KLOL suspects.

I'm actually still thinking about it, but it looks like this isn't a thread that talks about scaling, it's just about changing calculations. I'm not sure what we can say about sacling in this thread.
Yeah that's true but I'm stubborn so I have this to say
If so, Domina would instantly increase its speed from Mach 7 to 5958.28 c, which I think is an extremely high result. I don't think Domina's claim to have "Hypersonic to up Massively FTL+ with Poseidon Extreme Fury" is too much of an outlier, as KLOL suspects.
Well apparently Domina was going to be sub-rel in base but I jumped the gun before LoK had motivation on creating more profiles teehee. But even then, Domina's Extreme Fury mode spcalizes on offense and speed over defense. So a big jump in statistics is reasonable imo.

Anyways, we should worry about these calcs getting accepted first

Aite. Let us know when the scaling thread is made.

@KingTempest @Planck69
This is the thread for scaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back