• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MASHLE: Magic and Muscles Discussion Thread

No way... ******* Kaldo bro.
Japan needs to be serious for a moment
Mashle_-_Magic_and_Muscles_-_Chapter_104_-_1.jpg
Rayne should have been second lol.😭

I mean it doesn't feel like an outlier for Summons to be a 1000x increase. Anytime someone fights a summons user (not named Mash), they resort to using their own summons

Problem with that

Take a character like Cell, and they end up becoming High 6-B

This just in

Uranus inclination can now cut out any spell from the space it's in, making any spell null and void (except for spells that proc on him it seems)

It also seems that the Thirds basically created an enclosed area with a background filled with a starry sky (god I wish the anime could be used)

This just in

Uranus inclination can now cut out any spell from the space it's in, making any spell null and void (except for spells that proc on him it seems)

It also seems that the Thirds basically created an enclosed area with a background filled with a starry sky (god I wish the anime could be used)
IMO I have no problems with using the anime for scaling especially if all it's doing is adding or expanding on what's already in the manga. But I know people are super stingy on the whole canon thing so I don't think it's gonna get excepted. Tho I do have some komoto interviews of him talking about the anime.

IMO I have no problems with using the anime for scaling especially if all it's doing is adding or expanding on what's already in the manga. But I know people are super stingy on the whole canon thing so I don't think it's gonna get excepted.
Yeah, you'd have to have similar statements similar to Kubo's about the TYBW adaptation, about him heavily working with the staff and adding things he wasn't able to in the original serialization. Even then it's strict, as not even Gege's statements could have some scenes from the JJK anime be considered canon.

Oh, but Wahlberg's starry Thirds background was in the manga, it just wasn't clear because it was in black and white. The only thing that was added was some more talking and the Thirds cutting out any spell casted.
Tho I do have some komoto interviews of him talking about the anime.
Oh shit for real? For sure show them.

Yeah, you'd have to have similar statements similar to Kubo's about the TYBW adaptation, about him heavily working with the staff and adding things he wasn't able to in the original serialization. Even then it's strict, as not even Gege's statements could have some scenes from the JJK anime be considered canon.

Oh, but Wahlberg's starry Thirds background was in the manga, it just wasn't clear because it was in black and white. The only thing that was added was some more talking and the Thirds cutting out any spell casted.

Oh shit for real? For sure show them.
I only translated like one part of it so here it is.

アニメもマンガも フルスロットル!!! パワー全開で挑む「マッシュル』

マッシュル』がアニメ化するといた時の率直な感想をお聞かせください。甲本:アニメ化...びっくりしましたね。アニメ化すると聞いたのは単行本6巻の発売前後のタイミングでした。川島:あ、結構以前から...!. 甲本: そうなんです (笑)。だからアニメを作るのって、すごい時間がかかるんだなって思いました。川島:確かに、発表までに倍のコミック スが出てますよね?!?! 甲本: あと、アニメ化にあたってスタッ フの皆さんともお会いしたのですが、あ りがたいことにたくさんいらっしゃって、気が引き締まりました(笑)。小林:あー・・・プレッシャーが(笑)。甲本: そうなんです。 ブレッシャーが! 川島: アニメ化が決まってから、マンガを描く時に何か意識したことはありますか? 甲本:今まですごく自由にやらせてもさくひん。らっていましたが、作品に関わっていただく人が増えた認識があって...。川島: やっぱりプレッシャーが...!(笑)。甲本:あとは、単行本でも何度か言ってはいたのですが、 長期連載になる想定を最初はしていなかったこともあって。小林:作品のタイトルもインパクト重視というか瞬間火力を大事にされていますよね。

Translation:

"Anime and manga at full throttle!!! Taking on 'Mashle' with full power."

Interviewer: When you first heard that 'Mashle' would be adapted into an anime, what was your honest reaction?

Komoto: Anime adaptation... I was surprised. I heard about the anime adaptation around the time of the release of Volume 6 of the manga. Ah, it's been quite a while, hasn't it...!

Interviewer: Yes, indeed (laughs). So, making an anime takes a lot of time, huh? That's what I thought.

Komoto: Indeed, there have been double the number of manga volumes released by the time of the announcement, right?! Also, when it came to the anime adaptation, I met with the staff, and there were so many of them, which I was grateful for, and it made me feel more focused (laughs).

Interviewer: Ah... the pressure (laughs).

Komoto: Exactly. The pressure!

Interviewer: Since the anime adaptation was decided, did you consciously do anything differently when drawing the manga?
Komoto: Until now, I've been allowed to work very freely, but I became more aware of the increasing number of people involved in the work... The pressure, after all...! (laughs). Also, as I've mentioned several times in the manga volumes, initially I didn't expect it to be a long-term serialization.

Interviewer: The title of the work also seems to prioritize impact or momentary firepower, doesn't it?

From the calculation 6-B + many multipliers it is possible to reach high 6-A..

I'm not going to talk about who the blog is about or what it's like because I don't know if anyone wants to share it.
👍

I was just asking where the high tiers scales that's all. So H6A is possible for characters like Domina?

Not to mention, I believe there are some feats that could yield high value if calculated, like Mash’s Continental Kickback and him dispersing that large tsunami

So high tiers of the verse is only Large Country level at best?
If you mean to talk about the God tiers, the very top, then nah they scale far higher. Like, low 5-B+ with potential to upscale to 5-B. That's just for Mash and presumably Innocent Zero though.

There's already a detailed Scaling Chain made, though it's not finished.

If you mean to talk about the God tiers, the very top, then nah they scale far higher. Like, low 5-B+ with potential to upscale to 5-B. That's just for Mash and presumably Innocent Zero though.

There's already a detailed Scaling Chain made, though it's not finished.
I don't think it's very cool to share LoK's blog like this without his permission.

That's why I just spoke without going into details.

Is there a reason the Continental Kickboard feat hasn't been calced yet? I thought that would be a high priority tbh.
LoK was the only one calculating feats and they're banned for a long while. I've been trying to calculate the tsunami feat, but I'd need to get onto my computer for that and I'm lazy.

LoK was the only one calculating feats and they're banned for a long while. I've been trying to calculate the tsunami feat, but I'd need to get onto my computer for that and I'm lazy.
Oh I see. Isn't there a thread to request calcs for feats? Would that help or is it useless?

@AnAverageUsername is there anyone working on the profiles?
I'm interested in creating few profiles for the verse but I want to if anyone is working on them or not so that I can avoid just duplicating and wasting the time.
No.

But I was starting it.

To reduce the number of skills in profiles.

But I'm not capable enough to continue this.

Since reading Mashle in English + rereading Mashle.

So if you want to continue and complete, feel free.

The skills that are in the sandbox are those that are already in the profile, if you don't agree with one or I don't know what, feel free to change it.

No.

But I was starting it.

To reduce the number of skills in profiles.

But I'm not capable enough to continue this.

Since reading Mashle in English + rereading Mashle.

So if you want to continue and complete, feel free.

The skills that are in the sandbox are those that are already in the profile, if you don't agree with one or I don't know what, feel free to change it.
Ok thanks. Btw damage reduction and Resistance to Time manipulation should be added to them right. Walhberg was able to resist time stop because he has enough considerable amount of Magic.

What about profiles? Is there anyone working on it?

Ok thanks. Btw damage reduction and Resistance to Time manipulation should be added to them right. Walhberg was able to resist time stop because he has enough considerable amount of Magic.

Oh yeah, I've been trying to help with profiles. Like I've started work on Epidem's profile and an update on Lance, but those have been collecting dust.

Someone could also make an upgrade thread for Wahlberg. I've said it before, but to reiterate, Wahlberg upon using his summons caused Innocent Zero to do the same. Innocent Zero didn't do such a thing against Mash even after seeing him beat Doom. There are also several statements of Wahlberg having the greatest magical power. And although iffy due to being an anime only addition, Orter was frozen by the stoppage of time while Wahlberg was unaffected.

Oh yeah, I've been trying to help with profiles. Like I've started work on Epidem's profile and an update on Lance, but those have been collecting dust.

Someone could also make an upgrade thread for Wahlberg. I've said it before, but to reiterate, Wahlberg upon using his summons caused Innocent Zero to do the same. Innocent Zero didn't do such a thing against Mash even after seeing him beat Doom. There are also several statements of Wahlberg having the greatest magical power. And although iffy due to being an anime only addition, Orter was frozen by the stoppage of time while Wahlberg was unaffected.
But I'm talking about general resistance. Ryoh was also unaffected by time spell. He said only low magic gets affected by it. I think we can add this under general resistance to time stop?

I'm currently reading around in 90th chapter btw I got interested in anime & started reading the manga so I will complete the series within few days at best.
Btw I will work on Rayne profile first then few others once I finished reading this.

But I'm talking about general resistance. Ryoh was also unaffected by time spell. He said only low magic gets affected by it. I think we can add this under general resistance to time stop?

I'm currently reading around in 90th chapter btw I got interested in anime & started reading the manga so I will complete the series within few days at best.
Btw I will work on Rayne profile first then few others once I finished reading this.
I mentioned that I only put things that were in the profile.

Regarding time resistance, I don't think it fits into the basic powers of any line.

Lance said that the magic of stopping time doesn't work on first-rate magicians (the correct translation is "Time Stop" not time magic in general, mangaplus got it wrong)

Meanwhile Kaldo, a divine visionary couldn't resist Inocente Zero's basic time stop. So this is not a resistance that you gain from being 3 lines or divine visionary level, so it kind of doesn't fit in my sandbox.

Unless you include a session on powers acquired by power scale/magical power, which would include that.

Back