• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Masadaverse disc. thread: New Forum Edition

I just took that as an example lol. But it depends what you wanna use. I don't use any of them because I already know Kanji's because I am Chinese myself, it was a waste of time for me to indulge in that, so I just went straight to Anki decks, I used a bit of Wanikani but now that i think about it, it was a waste of time and money.

Just jump to reading and reading nukige's.
You just naturally become better.
Good for you, before JP, all I knew were European languages, so kanji as and still is a pain. I am personally a fan of mnemonics, so most of those systems don't work for me. Also, obligatory Hanahira as the first untranslated VN mention.

Btw. speaking about power levels aka a topic more fitting the nature of this forums, which JP franchises comes the closest to Shinzo (besides Umineko)?

I just took that as an example lol. But it depends what you wanna use. I don't use any of them because I already know Kanji's because I am Chinese myself, it was a waste of time for me to indulge in that, so I just went straight to Anki decks, I used a bit of Wanikani but now that i think about it, it was a waste of time and money.
The only thing i got from chinese after learning (and forgetting almost all of it except for "i don't know") is how to write kanji. Otherwise rip engrish and that's the only language i stuck with oooof. Ngl i need to learn the audio more as I'm bad with hearing F (reading i have a general idea at least now).

Machine Translation:

Good morning!

Dies irae Drama CD "Todestag Verloren" is now on sale!
The seventh place of the Black Round Table of the Thirteenth Order of the Holy Spear - the killing contest to determine the strongest warrior in the Demon Castle, betting on the last seat of the balance, is about to begin.

Where is the day of our death, my comrades in arms?
The steel coffin and the guillotine clash here, seeking the one and only time together.

He is stronger than Methuselah who was made of novemdecillion mysteries of nights, each one as big and dense as half of the planet
Honestly I think we should just give the restricted version the same ratingas his Interview key “At least 5-A, likely 3-A

I believe that Ren with Eine Faust Scherzo (exclusive to Kei's route) should have its own key, and be 5-A, likely far higher, given that he defeated Machina and caused Gladsheimr to collapse.

Any translation for this please?

この世にある全ての二元的な現象、概念が流転し万華鏡の如く形を変える綾模様の大曼荼羅。絶対的な法のもと敵対するものが定められたその空間は宇宙の縮図、超級規模の織物。
そのような異色な空間に坐す、相反する感情を両立しながら存在する宇宙規模の総体を持つ何か。

この世にある全ての二元的な現象、概念が流転し万華鏡の如く形を変える綾模様の大曼荼羅。絶対的な法のもと敵対するものが定められたその空間は宇宙の縮図、超級規模の織物。
It is roughly saying that: The large Weave patterened Mandala where all the dualistic phenomenon and concept in this world shifts and changes like a Kaleidoscope. The extent of super fabric is the microcosm of the universe, in which the opposition is to be determined by the absolute law.
そのような異色な空間に坐す、相反する感情を両立しながら存在する宇宙規模の総体を持つ何か。
Furthermore, here it is says that basically: There is something that possesses the whole extent of the universe while it coexists with the conflicting emotions that sits in such an unusual space.

Just to note that I could be slightly off. So take my translation with a bit of salt.

Last edited:
Could someone simplify and explain how Avesta power system works. I have no way to read it, so I am curious. I have heard about Commandments and Power of Ego, but what is beyond that. For example, how do they get more powerful and what does the term "devouring hadou" that I have seen in some places mean?

Generally, characters in Avesta get stronger through their Commandments; either making new ones or through the power of their current ones, well besides the usual way characters in fiction get stronger; practice and personal epiphany. The devouring Hadou is a very special case that belongs solely to Magsarion, in that he absorbed the cravings of the characters he killed into his own. Theirs not really anything beyond Commandment and Power of Ego in Avesta besides the usual Hadou and stuff.

The only other way is when sometimes the "good" side taps into the collective Prayers of the Divine Sword for a power boost, as well as their ability to gain Feathers which they spend on using Divine Blessings; for stuff like teleportation and can be combined to create stuff such as cell destroying excessive healing, and Star Spirits who naturally have power over the life that inhabits their worlds (sorta like Throne Gods on a Planetary/Star scale).

Last edited:
Could someone simplify and explain how Avesta power system works. I have no way to read it, so I am curious. I have heard about Commandments and Power of Ego, but what is beyond that. For example, how do they get more powerful and what does the term "devouring hadou" that I have seen in some places mean?
You can use these for information about the commandment and power of ego

Generally, characters in Avesta get stronger through their Commandments; either making new ones or through the power of their current ones, well besides the usual way characters in fiction get stronger; practice and personal epiphany. The devouring Hadou is a very special case that belongs solely to Magsarion, in that he absorbed the cravings of the characters he killed into his own. Theirs not really anything beyond Commandment and Power of Ego in Avesta besides the usual Hadou and stuff.

The only other way is when sometimes the "good" side taps into the collective Prayers of the Divine Sword for a power boost, as well as their ability to gain Feathers which they spend on using Divine Blessings; for stuff like teleportation and can be combined to create stuff such as cell destroying excessive healing, and Star Spirits who naturally have power over the life that inhabits their worlds (sorta like Throne Gods on a Planetary/Star scale).
I see. Thanks for the explanation. Here is a question. So if Meg is capable of absorbing cravings, is that something similar to Ren's and Reinhard's legions? Basically, kill to get a skill type ability, or just something like exp in games?

You can use these for information about the commandment and power of ego

Thanks, I have already seen those.

It's sort of like he develops his own Craving by taking in aspects of his opponents Prayers. It's kind of obvious when looking at the Cravings and ideologies of his opponents which parts contributed to forming the Paradise Lost of the second Heaven.

As of now, as far as I know, there has been zero combat abilities given from taking in said Cravings, it's just a thing he's described as doing that clearly forms what his Heaven looks like.

I was thinking of adding a key for Ren with Eine Faust Scherzo, with him being 5-A, likely far higher, due to him able to kill Machina and destroy Gladsheimr. What do you all think?

wouldn't it be fun if avesta would bring infodump strong enough to upgrade the verse back to 1-A
Am I the only who cares more about lore than this wiki tier? Like, some people primiparity objective from reading this series is digits and numbers on profiles rather than actually enjoying the lore and the narrative which is just weird in my eyes.

Avasta is nearing it end from what I heard. I wonder what Masada will do after it
I am interested in seeing Marie's ruling era. It's supposed to be near prefect world which could be a bit of change from all the ****** up world Hadou Gods usually result with.

At this point the only heavens we are missing are Marie's and Satanel's.

Avasta is nearing it end from what I heard. I wonder what Masada will do after it
I am interested in seeing Marie's ruling era. It's supposed to be near prefect world which could be a bit of change from all the ****** up world Hadou Gods usually result with.

At this point the only heavens we are missing are Marie's and Satanel's.
Any information when it is going to end?
Personally, I would NOT want to see Marie's world, even though out of all playable heroines, I liked her the most. Her world feel far to peaceful for an interesting story. Meanwhile, Satanel and rise of Mercurius would be quite interesting.

Well, the most recent chapter had Magsarion started his fight with Nadare. Once that's done with there should be nothing left to deal with besides Mithra.

Well, the most recent chapter had Magsarion started his fight with Nadare. Once that's done with there should be nothing left to deal with besides Mithra.
So it is likely that Avesta will end in 4 vol, do you think this is a long or short novel? Is it equivalent to Masada's other works?

I liked her the most. Her world feel far to peaceful for an interesting story
That's actually a fair opinion. I also wondered what kind of conflict would take place there.
But hey at least we will see all the issues that lead to Hajun's creation.

It doesn't need to be a huge epic saga like the rest of heavens IMO

So it is likely that Avesta will end in 4 vol, do you think this is a long or short novel? Is it equivalent to Masada's other works?
I heard it's as long as KKK but take this with a grin of salt.
Dunno how you can compare Visual novels and Light Novel but it does look more on the shorter side.

hopefully we get Satanel Era once Avasta is done.

I doubt much will come out of Magsarion vs Mithra since the latter is end game boss material and Masada probably saving her fully for the final conflict with Naraka

That's actually a fair opinion. I also wondered what kind of conflict would take place there.
But hey at least we will see all the issues that lead to Hajun's creation.

It doesn't need to be a huge epic saga like the rest of heavens IMO
In that case it would be more of a story about Hajun than Marie. I mean, what else it could be about? We already roughly know how the fight her Marie's fall went and had DI to cover her rise. KKK covered the aftermath. Her reign in theory could be covered, but it would most likely focus on Hajun and the cultist. Based on the description of her world, there would be little to nothing else left. Unless it is the continuation of Pantheon setting/story, I really see no point of more Marie oriented lore AND that is coming from me, who sees her as the 3rd my most liked heroine in the Masadaverse (after Rusalka and Beatrice).
I doubt much will come out of Magsarion vs Mithra since the latter is end game boss material and Masada probably saving her fully for the final conflict with Naraka
Since this is vsbattles, I will just hope to see a lot of abilities from Mithra and quick release of LNs (so I could read them myself).

Since this is vsbattles, I will just hope to see a lot of abilities from Mithra and quick release of LNs (so I could read them myself).
I was talking narrative wise.

Who knows maybe they do some crazy shit. Dunno why I feel like it will be anticlimactic tho
Mithra be playing 11-D Chess all day long.

Back