• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel: Supporting feats for 5-A

Status
Not open for further replies.
In retrospect I don't think any of those calcs will likely get 5-B+ results, or will straight up be uncalcable.

Anyways I think we have noted 5-B as the more consistent end for these characters, so we can begin to apply this, no?
Please summarise what (preferably calculated) feats that you will base the revisions on. After that, I can send a notification to the usual knowledgeable members.

I'm fine with it. So the ones who scale to 5-B (if we base it on Gray Hulk's feat) would be:
This is what I remember from the top of my head. Anyone else I miss?

Last edited:
I thought that we were supposed to consider the Grey Hulk's feat an outlier, and try to avoid chain-scaling characters from it, and use different character feats to a greater degree instead?

Last edited:
Would the 4-B characters still be 5-A or would they be 5-B when holding back now?

Also yeah forgot about my speed revision thread for Marvel too oof.

Most would go down to 5-B, but there are those who can support their own weight like Hyperion, Thor, and the like

There used to be a category intersection page which could find pages under both marvel and tier 5 categories. But I believe it no longer exists.

You can still use something comparable via sandboxes. See here for instructions:

I thought that we were supposed to consider the Grey Hulk's feat an outlier, and try to avoid chain-scaling characters from it, and use different character feats to a greater degree instead?
Grey Hulk's feat is several times the baseline of 5-B, while most of the future 5-Bs, are near baseline, by their own collected feats, i.e. Grey Hulk is the only character scaling to his calc.

So yeah basically that is what happened, this thread yielded too diverse a selection of 5-B feats than was before, to completely dismiss,.noting context.

Okay. We should link to their own near baseline 5-B feats in their own profile pages though.

In addition, the Gray Hulk feat comes from a comic written by a cartoonist who only wrote this Hulk comic plus four other comics that have nothing to do with this last one.

Meta information should be used as less as we can tho, so imo doesn't matter :v

Main reason they're not scaling to the Grey Hulk calc tho, is that Grey Hulk still stat amps and has ALL the reasonings for Green Hulk's holdback, applicable to him.

He's an unscaleable mofo

Please explain what you want us to discuss here.

Also, should we give the Grey Hulk an "At least..., at most 5-B" tier then? The 5-B feat is leagues above everything else that he has done, so it does come across as an outlier otherwise.

Since his power varies heavily, why not got for something like this "Varies up to 5-B normally, 4-B at peak". Otherwise too many statistics needs to be inserted.

This way, it will be more accurate.

The Grey Hulk has never reached anywhere near a 4-B peak afaIk. "Varies between ... to 5-B" seems more reliable.

He has been shown as equal to The Rhino, so maybe we could use that as his minimum?

Admittedly the Rhino was a prominent foe of his (even when he was Savage Hulk) back when Hulk one-shotting a 100 story building was considered impressive, in the very early stories. Against Grey, Rhino I think has only fought him once or so.

Okay. That is probably fine for the Grey Hulk, but I think that 5-B is far too high to scale quite a lot of characters to. We should find other feats for them rather than scale them from the Grey Hulk's absolute peak.

I mean they have the feats for it.

Unless I find something to make Captain Marvel and The Thing side suddenly invalid, which I'd be shocked if I do, those characters are kinda too rigid.

And idk, I think noting that these characters will likely never blow up the planet since plot is a factor, 5-B isn't AS far-fetched. Consistency and irregular standard was the big problem with the Grey Hulk feat, both are addressed, so currently the only big scaling revision left is like, tier-irrespective versewide that'll require alot of re-examining.

Okay. What are the other 5-B feats, and which characters performed them?

I'm somewhat confident a few exist, if a bit spread out throughout the 60s-90s. Most of what you'll find in the old stories that relates to that are statements of certain characters being a threat to the Earth or having the power to lay waste to the planet, or turn it into rubble, or something like that. I think I remember some villains making such threats in the Strange Tales horror era of Marvel, before the heroes became über popular.

The new feats are mostly unproven claims or figures of speech except for Nate tanking a very small part of a planetary destruction. They are definitely not reliable to scale so many characters from.

I think only Nate and Cable should scale from it, no one else. We are just trying not to find a way not to scale them off Hulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back