• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel: Supporting feats for 5-A

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, Thor is technically repeating what Blastaar said about his own power, and it’s while he’s fighting Blastaar, so he’d have a good idea of how strong he is, and “force enough to shatter worlds” does not seem “flowery” at all. It’s a direct statement that falls in line with what Blastaar himself said.

I skimmed through the story, and the feat seems valid.

I am not sure about the size of the planet that was blown up though.

After reading through it myself, it just seems to just enhance his powers, like making him reach his full potential sort of thing rather than an external upgrade in power.

I'm cool with him having a 5-B rating after reading it too. Don't know if it could be a flat out 5-B though. But if everyone agrees to it, I'm fine with that.

I'm fine with it. So the ones who scale to 5-B (if we base it on Gray Hulk's feat) would be:
This is what I remember from the top of my head. Anyone else I miss?
How is colossus comparable to thing?

So should we use the Blastaar, Spectrum, and Grey Hulk feats in combination as a basis for 5-B then?

Colossus has damn near always been one of the stronger lesser bricks on Earth, usually among the "not quite Hulk level but always helpful when jade-jaws or similarly strong guys are on a rampage" crowd.

Colossus being strong isn’t the question though, I don’t think anyone was contesting that. The issue is his justification of being comparable to The Thing, which is baseless afaik

Colossus has damn near always been one of the stronger lesser bricks on Earth, usually among the "not quite Hulk level but always helpful when jade-jaws or similarly strong guys are on a rampage" crowd.
Nah that’s more thing and namor’s territory of strength. Colossus is more of the “better then nothing” strong guy when it comes to hulk lvl threats

Colossus being strong isn’t the question though, I don’t think anyone was contesting that. The issue is his justification of being comparable to The Thing, which is baseless afaik
Pretty much, especially when colossus has been clowned by casually powerhouses well thing has been atleast been able to hang with more serious powerhouses

Also there is some weird loop scaling with she hulk and red she hulk were it says in she hulks profile that she beat the champion of the universe which was only when she was really working out and got ridiculously strong( but it wasn’t permanent) which somehow scales to red she hulk

He is. Going through his respect threads, he seems to have around 10 or so legitimate tier 5 (possibly higher) feats, but most comes down to scaling. A lot are slightly lower.

I think it's not relevant to the thread, it's related, there's a difference between the two. Related topics shouldn't be discussed on the thread to avoid clutter

I mean she shouldn't, no? I remember a very explicit incident in comics where Carol is greatly stat amped by absorbing Monica

Nah that’s more thing and namor’s territory of strength. Colossus is more of the “better then nothing” strong guy when it comes to hulk lvl threats
He's been in the upper echelon of power since the 70s and 80s. He's done decently against Hulk throughout the decades, never beating the jade giant but never really getting stomped. This little bit from WWH is a reference to that, everyone in the community back then liked to draw Colossus slugging it out with guys like Hulk, especially given that he's younger than them and growing stronger with age.

His respect thread will show you he's on that level on a semi-consistent basis.

I think that Chris Claremont has shown Colossus quickly knocking out the Abomination in an old story, and beating the Hulk in a WWH era flashback story that retroactively happened during his original X-Men run, but he also has a history of depowering and hating on the Hulk any chance that he gets. He has had Captain Britain easily beat a version of the Hulk and Mister Fantastic putting up a good fight against him, and has a tendency to humiliate the She-Hulk as well. She was effortlessly overpowered by both Sabretooth and the Invisible Woman in his stories.

Well, what annoys me is that they constantly insert non-stop political propaganda instead of entertainment in the stories, combined with completely messing up the classic characterisations and continuity nowadays. It isn't fun to read the stories anymore because of that. I could live with the incoherent power levels, but when virtually everything about the settings is just an incoherent jumble, it basically reads like meaningless dadaism to me.

However, we cannot let that discourage us. Our job is to try to make as much sense of the power levels as we can. Find as much coherence and structure as we are able to basically.

Anyway, we should leave it at that, yes.

looks at the time the comics of which came out
What established Hierarchy? Even a lot of the people in tier 1 have the issue of "fights everyone and their pet dog with varying results" and I'm 99% sure Marvel was a scaling shitshow even in the 80s...

Anyways I'm going back into the lurking shadows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back