• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Cosmology Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scans with being 3-D sized, please. Let's not take one word as a rule, let's analyze consistency of scans, if you can collaborate by collecting them to show everyone that would be great.
I do not have the time for elaborate research, as I literally hold the continued existence of this entire community on my shoulders through my neverending intense workload, and have currently blocked my access to the comic book reading sites I know of in order to save time, but they have never been portrayed as being beyond 3-dimensional or 4-dimensional, and certainly not on a consistent or officially established enough basis for us to adopt such an outrageously extreme interpretration. Also, I did link to a cosmology scan that we use as the main basis for our Marvel Comics scaling that clearly states that they are 3-dimensional.
Writing what you think will not change some of the High 1-B cosmologies already shown to be 3-D sized. As such, that is not evidence to show a consistency of the Negative Zone being only 3D. Wikipedia is not a source for SCANS, if that is your source please remove your position already in any instance here in this thread about the Negative Zone. You are the only person who wants to dictate how the Negative Zone works, people bring in several different COSMOLOGIES from several different comics from several different writers with it being bigger than Low 1-C and your only had the excuse is to use Wikipedia or Marvel Database, it is not reliable information based on a in depth analysis of scans and different portrayals between writers, it is just your pure opinion reading a site that informs nothing regarding how we SPLIT and analysis this. If you don't have a vast majority of scans in different cosmologies proving an inconsistency as you speak and scans proving it Ultima's argument will prevail.
There are definitive limits to how absolutely insanely illogical we will get just to reach the highest possible statistics for personally favoured verses. Tier High 1-B regular superheroes certainly far beyond qualify as that idiotic. We would need overwhelming amounts of consistency and evidence to even seriously consider it. Also, with all due respect, Ultima is not the highest authority in this community.
Prove your point, let's not use an individual interpretation without any analysis with scans proving that the Zone has no dimensionality greater than 5D.
Given how ridiculously extreme your claims actually are, the burden of proof is to prove that Marvel Comics has nearly consistently portrayed regular universes as being infinite-dimensional throughout several decades of their history, that this is accepted by their editorial department, and that regular powerful superheroes reach a High 1-B scale of power.

Scans with being 3-D sized, please. Let's not take one word as a rule, let's analyze consistency of scans, if you can collaborate by collecting them to show everyone that would be great.

Writing what you think will not change some of the High 1-B cosmologies already shown to be 3-D sized. As such, that is not evidence to show a consistency of the Negative Zone being only 3D. Wikipedia is not a source for SCANS, if that is your source please remove your position already in any instance here in this thread about the Negative Zone. You are the only person who wants to dictate how the Negative Zone works, people bring in several different COSMOLOGIES from several different comics from several different writers with it being bigger than Low 1-C and your only had the excuse is to use Wikipedia or Marvel Database, it is not reliable information based on a in depth analysis of scans and different portrayals between writers, it is just your pure opinion reading a site that informs nothing regarding how we SPLIT and analysis this. If you don't have a vast majority of scans in different cosmologies proving an inconsistency as you speak and scans proving it Ultima's argument will prevail.

Prove your point, let's not use an individual interpretation without any analysis with scans proving that the Zone has no dimensionality greater than 5D.
I can see where Antvasima is coming from with it being a 3-D/4-D space cause even the Marvel database dosen't mention it to be High 1-B just 4-D, but in Civil war (2006) Negative Zone is just a dimension used as a prison by the Avengers which they even fought in it normal without any tech dimensionally amping their Size.

But from what Ultima sent i've got no problem with High 1-B Negative Zone.

I do not have the time for elaborate research, as I literally hold the continued existence of this entire community on my shoulders through my neverending intense workload, and have currently blocked my access to comic book reading sites I know of in order to save time, but they have never been portrayed as being beyond 3-dimensional or 4-dimensional, and certainly not on a consistent or officially established enough basis for us to adopt such an outrageously extreme interpretration. Also, I did link to a cosmology scan that we use as the main basis for our Marvel Comics scaling that clearly states that they are 3-dimensional.
A single scan that was covered, and as you say, a single high tier scan is not enough to prove a consistency of events, the same ought to be for lower statistics.
There are definitive limits to how absolutely insanely illogical we will get just to reach the highest possible statistics for personally favoured verses. Tier High 1-B regular superheroes certainly far beyond qualify as that idiotic. We would need overwhelming amounts of consistency and evidence to even seriously consider it. Also, with all due respect, Ultima is not the highest authority in this community.
Nobody is talking about High 1-B heroes. We are talking about a structure, again going around creating false statistics of how this will affect tiering up to heralds is you creating this narrative without proving it.

Is this a split of cosmology or a pleasing of what you believe or not to be split of your personal view between cosmologies? And of course what doesn't favor your view you just ignore, as the evidence shown here already. Yes, Ultima is not the highest authority here, no one is talking about Ultima's authority, but rather the arguments made, stop strawmaning and talking as if someone is appealing to that. Stop being biased and show that you are the impartial person who carries this community on his shoulders, if you are reasonable of course.
Given how ridiculously extreme your claims actually are, the burden of proof is to prove that Marvel Comics has nearly consistently portrayed regular universes as being infinite-dimensional throughout several decades of their history, that this is accepted by their editorial department, and that regular powerful superheroes reach a High 1-B scale of power.
I do not have to prove that ''powerful superheroes reach a High 1-B scale of power'' that's your condition, nobody here wants to escalate these characters to that, that's just your excuse to build something untrue. It has absolutely nothing to do, because nobody is proposing these insane tiering that you try to imply that someone is proposing.

The proposition here is simple, the Negative Zone is High 1-B in different cosmologies, and heroes don't scale.

A High 1-B Negative Zone doesn't make any logical sense for Marvel Comics and its superheroes as a whole, and is such an absolutely enormously extraordinary claim that it needs a comparative extraordinary amount of extremely compelling evidence spanning several decades that cannot possibly be interpreted any other way, combined with that Marvel Comics' editorial department has officially accepted this as an established fact, and solid arguments why no Marvel Comics characters whatsoever should be tier 2, but rather should jumb straight from tier 3 to High 1-B.

My apologies, but I am pulling rank in this particular case, and am not going to accept such a seemingly thoroughly idiotic revision unless all of my above-mentioned concerns have been properly addressed.

I can see where Antvasima is coming from with it being a 3-D/4-D space cause even the Marvel database dosen't mention it to be High 1-B just 4-D, but in Civil war (2006) Negative Zone is just a dimension used as a prison by the Avengers which they even fought in it normal without any tech dimensionally amping their Size.
But that database thing doesn't mean anything, they are not scans.

Now about the Civil War comic, I won't go into detail, but let's just say it's only 3D, that doesn't bring a broad consistency (Although is explained within the comic itself that they only took to specific zones already mapped out by Reed Richards).
But from what Ultima sent i've got no problem with High 1-B Negative Zone.
Indeed.

A High 1-B Negative Zone doesn't make any logical sense for Marvel Comics and its superheroes as a whole, and is such an absolutely enormously extraordinary claim that it needs a comparative extraordinary amount of extremely compelling evidence spanning several decades that cannot possibly be interpreted any other way, combined with that Marvel Comics' editorial department has officially accepted this as an established fact, and solid arguments why no Marvel Comics characters whatsoever should be tier 2, but rather should jumb straight from tier 3 to High 1-B.

My apologies, but I am pulling rank in this particular case, and am not going to accept such a seemingly thoroughly idiotic revision unless all of my above-mentioned concerns have been properly addressed.
This is fine, it can be done.

A single scan that was covered, and as you say, a single high tier scan is not enough to prove a consistency of events, the same ought to be for lower statistics.
The Marvel universe has consistently been portrayed as being 3-dimensional in terms of movement and the scale of power for all of its characters, even though I am far too overworked to read through thousands of stories in order to find many explicit statements. But again, the burden of proof for extraordinary claims such as your own are entirely your own.

@Eficiente @Firestorm808 @Elizio33 @Deagonx

Your assistance would be appreciated here.
Nobody is talking about High 1-B heroes. We are talking about a structure, again going around creating false statistics of how this will affect tiering up to heralds is you creating this narrative without proving it.

Is this a split of cosmology or a pleasing of what you believe or not to be split of your personal view between cosmologies? And of course what doesn't favor your view you just ignore, as the evidence shown here already. Yes, Ultima is not the highest authority here, no one is talking about Ultima's authority, but rather the arguments made, stop strawmaning and talking as if someone is appealing to that. Stop being biased and show that you are the impartial person who carries this community on his shoulders, if you are reasonable of course.

I do not have to prove that ''powerful superheroes reach a High 1-B scale of power'' that's your condition, nobody here wants to escalate these characters to that, that's just your excuse to build something untrue. It has absolutely nothing to do, because nobody is proposing these insane tiering that you try to imply that someone is proposing.

The proposition here is simple, the Negative Zone is High 1-B in different cosmologies, and heroes don't scale.
The problem is that the regular superheroes would unavoidably scale no matter how you might try to rationalise it, and that it doesn't make any sense with infinite-dimensional regular universes, so unless Marvel Comics publishes several very reliable official editorially approved handbooks and stories that explicitly provide solid explanations for this and that higher dimensions here correspond to higher infinities in combination, it seems far too unreliable.

I am extremely overworked, and do not have the time to continue to indulge you regarding this argument, so I would appreciate if you think things through, realise that your claims are absolutely outrageous and would completely destroy all remaining reliability for our Marvel Comics pages, and drop the argument. Thank you. I have over a hundred remaining community tasks to deal with today before I go to sleep, and cannot forsake all of them for the sake of yourself alone.

But that database thing doesn't mean anything, they are not scans.

Now about the Civil War comic, I won't go into detail, but let's just say it's only 3D, that doesn't bring a broad consistency (Although is explained within the comic itself that they only took to specific zones already mapped out by Reed Richards).
But it directly tells us the issues we can get the scans.

The Zone itself was never mentioned or hinted to be an extra-dimensional space so I don't wanna assume it is.
Seems other members do.

The Marvel universe has consistently been portrayed as being 3-dimensional in terms of movement and the scale of power for all of its characters, even though I am far too overworked to read through thousands of stories in order to find many explicit statements. But again, the burden of proof for extraordinary claims such as your own are entirely your own.
Two posts proving this, there is no burden of proof:

I am extremely overworked, and do not have the time to continue to indulge you regarding this argument, so I would appreciate if you think things through, realise that your claims are absolutely outrageous and would completely destroy all remaining reliability for our Marvel Comics pages, and drop the argument. Thank you. I have over a hundred remaining community tasks to deal with today before I go to sleep, and cannot forsake all of them for the sake of yourself alone.
If you don't want to make a proper revision for Marvel because you don't have have time to go through thousands of comics while i have done that, just go do the other more important things, but I'm not going to drop my arguments that have already been made and have not been refuted. And you are the only one who is not agreeing only with ad verbosium and strawman.

This is fine, it can be done.
I would much rather that you drop your most extreme upgrade-hunger and just permanently drop this entire issue please. Marvel Comics has published over a 100,000 individual stories over the years, so it is probably possible to artificially piece together almost any type of scaling that one wishes from it by ignoring all contradictions and focusing on anything that can support the intended end result alone, but the Marvel universes and their inhabitants have almost always been portrayed in a 3-dimensional context, so our scaling would still completely go to hell if you persist, and I might argue for just giving up and deleting the entire verse from our wiki due to its sheer almost unmatched powerscaling incoherence if I have to continue to be forced to deal with this degree of obsessive unreasonability.

TBH I wouldn't oppose deleting Marvel with how many compromises are required as even the authors explicitly don't care about scaling and just want to write a plot.

That said, I sure hope there's attention to qualitative superiorities, as I've been noticing the thread lately has been focusing on raw dimensional naming, which is usually not sufficient for our standards and all.

I would much rather that you drop your most extreme upgrade-hunger and just permanently drop this entire issue please. Marvel Comics has published over a 100,000 individual stories over the years, so it is probably possible to artificially piece together almost any type of scaling that one wishes from it by ignoring all contradictions and focusing on anything that can support the intended end result alone, but the Marvel universes and their inhabitants have almost always been portrayed in a 3-dimensional context, so our scaling would still completely go to hell if you persist, and I might argue for just giving up and deleting the entire verse from our wiki due to its sheer almost unmatched powerscaling incoherence if I have to continue to be forced to deal with this degree of obsessive unreasonability.
Indeed the negative zone being only 3-dimensional is just a ''artificially piece together almost any type of scaling that one wishes from it by ignoring all contradictions and focusing on anything that can support the intended end result alone'', as you're doing.

I do not have the time for elaborate research, as I literally hold the continued existence of this entire community on my shoulders through my neverending intense workload, and have currently blocked my access to the comic book reading sites I know of in order to save time, but they have never been portrayed as being beyond 3-dimensional or 4-dimensional, and certainly not on a consistent or officially established enough basis for us to adopt such an outrageously extreme interpretration.
Why is it that everyone else, regardless of their schedules and life expectations to uphold, have to still fulfill burden of proof, regardless on what side they’re on, but you’re enforcing your preconceived notions on how you feel comics should scale, whilst self-admitting you quite literally don’t have the time to substantiate your claims, and making people concede out of no actual concession?

Because I have 12 to 14 hour workdays already that I have spent building this community almost from scratch and helping its members for the last 8.5 years for no pay, and know Marvel Comics well enough to realise that almost absolutely any tiers from 10-B to 1-A can be derived from it for almost any characters by selectively finding a few specific scans across its over 80 years and 100,000 stories long history while ignoring thousands of contradictory examples, and because I am just calling BS and demanding very thorough, reliable, and consistent evidence for what are some of the most extremely outrageous, destructive, and unreasonable upgrade attempts that I have ever had the displeasure to see regarding the inherently extremely dadaistic scaling for the verse in question?

That unfortunately seems likely, yes. It will be hard to get anything productive done if they keep continuously stonewalling and derailing.
Look Ant, I am saying this respectfully but do take it seriously. Do not, ever, jump to conclusions, purely based on what was said by one party of an argument. This is an extremely biased approach, the unbiased thing would be to read through the arguments, or to not jump to conclusions in the first place. Deagon said that I am arguing the Macroverse is not an inverse of Microverse, now the correct thing to do here to wait for what I have to say instead of saying I am derailing and stonewalling. He has done this multiple times before and basically, he's doing this thing where he takes a portion of his opponent's argument and ignores everything else stated by that person. In some cases, this extends to ignoring the entire reasoning provided by his opponent and to only respond to the conclusion.

To find proof that Deagon is strawmanning me, you don't even have to read through the entire argument, this reply by me alone is enough-
Refer to my last point.

This is the only actual point.

So is Earth-8 the opposite of Earth-0 because they were both shown in the same comic(JLI #1)?

Why are you ignoring my points? I directly addressed this-

And you should spend more effort in addressing my points instead of ignoring them and explain how your points actually support your stance-

You do understand my scan is older than the Silver Surfer scan, correct? So the Microverse being a parallel universe wasn't a recent retcon.
He's saying that because the Microverse was shown in the same comic the Macroverse was, and because the inhabitants of the Microverse called Macroverse the main universe, that they are inverse to each other. I used two analogies to prove his arguments were flawed, I am not necessarily saying his conclusion is wrong but rather that his reasons were wrong. He never addressed my analogies, in fact, he deliberately ignored them, proven by the fact he put out replies even after I presented my analogies.

But the important thing here is that this is completely irrelevant to what we were mainly arguing about. I asked him how the Microverse being an inverse of the Macroverse proves the Macroverse contains the Microverse, as that was his argument, he NEVER explained this. I would like to post this chart he himself has used before once-

7341676-9405265923-73414.gif

He made a claim(the Macroverse contains the Microverse and Sama-D was referring to the Microverse) and he gave some evidence(that the Microverse is the inverse of Macroverse), but he failed in the reasoning aspect. He failed to explain WHY his evidence supports his claim, and this is the fundamental problem here. This is like if I say Batman>Superman, and my evidence for that is that Batman represents Justice and Superman represents Hope. It's a Non-Sequitur.

On the other hand, I made a claim, gave evidence, and explained how my evidence supported my claim with a reasoning. I claimed that Sama-D was not referring to the Microverse, provided evidence that Sama-D was referring to universes-within-universes, and not parallel universes, and explained how my evidence supported my conclusion with a reasoning that the Microverse is a parallel reality.

I request you to give a thorough reading of everything, and that if you do agree with Deagon, to tell me his reasoning because I legitimately don't understand it.

Stop derailing please. I have much more important issues to deal with here, as I am trying to save this verse from being irrepairably damaged to the point that we might finally have to give up and delete it due to its sheer enormous incoherence and the neverending attempts year in and year out by some of its fans to ignore the inherent inconsistencies to squeeze this highest and most unreliable statistics that they possibly can out of it.

Because I have 14 hour workdays already that I have spent building this community almost from scratch for the last 8.5 years for no pay,
You’re not the only person on this Earth. Some of us work, go to college, have responsibilities, too. You’ve chosen to engage with this thread, and for whatever reason, you are not exempt from the rules of debate.

and know Marvel Comics well enough
No True Scottsman fallacy.

100,000 stories long history while ignoring thousands of contradictory examples, and because I am just calling BS and demanding very thorough, reliable, and consistent evidence for what are some of the most extremely outrageous upgrade claims that I have ever had the displeasure to see regarding the inherently quite dadaistic scaling for the verse in question?
When you admit there are thousands of contradictory examples, that, by proxy, means it shouldn’t take anymore than 5 minutes to find even one tenth of that number. Especially in the age of the internet, where everything is at your disposal.

Just because your days are difficult does not make you less liable to fulfill that standards you are literally forcing people to adhere to because you don’t like the idea presented. If the Negative Zone has consistent H1-B showings, which no evidence that you can utilize to refute it, that’s a concession on your point.

I cannot perform time sorcery. I only have a very limited amount of time available each day, and have blocked my access to all comic book sites that I know of for this reason. Also, the burden of evidence is not on be to prove that Marvel Comics characters and their surroundings are almost always portrayed as being 3-dimensional, the very extreme burden of proof is to prove that they are all infinite-dimensional.

How is it derailing? The topic of the CRT is if the Multiverse is High 1-B or not, I am making an argument that it is High 1-B.
You were starting to talk about me usually finding Deagonx reasonable just in order to take the opportunity to help gang up and cause problems for me, as it is blatantly apparent that I am under extreme mental pressure here, so people with a grudge are deciding that they want to join the free-for-all regardless how much damage it causes to the reliability of our wiki.

I think we should take a step back here and calm down.

it might be beneficial to start a new thread, which presents both sides of the argument as they currently stand and continue from there, this thread has become unnecessarily cluttered and is turning into a sort of witch hunt.

it might be beneficial to start a new thread, which presents both sides of the argument as they currently stand and continue from there, this thread has become unnecessarily cluttered and is turning into a sort of witch hunt.
I agree. 8 pages in, this whole discussion is a mess and it's only getting more cluttered.

Well, as the technically highest ranked staff member of this community, for once I am officially stating that I am not allowing this argument to proceed further, whether in this thread or any others, as it would logically result in virtually all Marvel Comics characters scaling to High 1-B or higher. It is purely destructive and extremely shortsighted regarding the perception of the reliability of our wiki as a whole.

You were starting to talk about me usually finding Deagonx reasonable just in order to take the opportunity to help gang up and cause problems for me, as it is blatantly apparent that I am under extreme mental pressure here, so people with a grudge are deciding that they want to join the free-for-all regardless how much damage it causes to the reliability of our wiki.
Appeal to Motive, and you said I was derailing and stonewalling, I think I deserve a response to that

I cannot perform time sorcery. I only have a very limited amount of time available each day,
We all have the same 24 hours.

and have blocked my access to all comic book sites that I know of for this reason.
Why would you willingly choose to bar yourself off from these thousands of contradictory examples, if they really are that overwhelming?

Also, the burden of evidence is not on be to prove that Marvel Comics characters and their surroundings are almost always portrayed as being 3-dimensional, the very extreme burden of proof is to prove that they are all infinite-dimensional.
They fulfilled it, it’s your job to disprove it, beyond the idea that it’ll “destroy the verse”, and you’ll have to delete it, as if that just isn’t the definition of incredulity.

All you’ve done is quite literally use your authority to prove your points, not your rhetoric, which is extremely slimy.

That doesn't make any sense, he himself said he can't read it and asked for a summary
image.png

And if he did read, I am asking him to explain your reasoning
If you haven't noticed, I am kind of preoccupied with attempting to save virtually all of our Marvel Comics pages from turning absolutely ridiculous at the moment, so I do not exactly have what we talked about previously fresh in mind anymore.

Appeal to Motive, and you said I was derailing and stonewalling, I think I deserve a response to that
That was based on a general impression of your behaviour here and elsewhere. Now stop being a deliberate bother please.

Well, as the technically highest ranked staff member of this community, for once I am officially stating that I am not allowing this argument to proceed further, whether in this thread or any others, as it would logically result in virtually all Marvel Comics characters scaling to High 1-B or higher. It is purely destructive and extremely shortsighted regarding the perception of the reliability of our wiki as a whole.
Oh I agree, high 1-B negative zone was the derailment I was referring to.

I am asking him to explain your reasoning
My reasoning was made very clear, and it's not controversial. The "Macroverse" is a term used by inhabitants of the Microverse to refer to the regular universe. The separate "Macroverse" was exclusively portrayed in a comic that also featured the Microverse. The description of the Macroverse mirrors the original portrayal of the Microverse and the universe. Macro and Micro are literal direct opposites. This alone, to anyone being reasonable, is absolute incontrovertible proof.

Isolating these features one by one to say they aren't enough by themselves ignores the composite of evidence.

"0" and "8" are not opposites, and I never claimed that anyone using the phrase "world in worlds" is referring to the microverse, these are terrible arguments that fundamentally misunderstand the point even being made.

If your argument is that the Microverse and Macroverse aren't related, then you're arguing that it's a coincidence that the sole issue with the Macroverse also features the Microverse. It's a coincidence that the prefixes are direct opposites. It's a coincidence that it's named after how the Microverse refers to the Universe. It's a coincidence that the relationship that Macroverse has to the universe directly mirrors the original description of the relationship between the universe and the microverse.

And why? All so we can take a single statement of flowery language "dream within a dream" as literally as possible to wank the cosmology based on a realm featured in one issue.

This goes well past the point of having a minority opinion. It's bad faith stonewalling, and frankly, it's embarrassing. I am not going to respond to this any more. We aren't going to call the mods just to have them verify the obvious because you need attention.

Last edited:
We all have the same 24 hours.
Some of us already use virtually all of them for work though, and would rather sleep more than 2 hours tonight.
Why would you willingly choose to bar yourself off from these thousands of contradictory examples, if they really are that overwhelming?
The point is that there have been over a 100,000 stories, and the vast majority of the characters within them have definitely never been portrayed as infinite-dimensional entities.
They fulfilled it, it’s your job to disprove it, beyond the idea that it’ll “destroy the verse”, and you’ll have to delete it, as if that just isn’t the definition of incredulity.

All you’ve done is quite literally use your authority to prove your points, not your rhetoric, which is extremely slimy.
It isn't slimy. It is me trying to take responsibility for the wellbeing of the wiki as a whole, while others use a few completely disconnected examples to argue for completely outrageous upgrades.

Anyway, given that you weren't even a part of this thread until you saw an opportunity to attack me, I will ban you from responding further here, as this thread is sufficiently out of control as it is.

I legitimately don't get why when Deagon attacked us IN FRONT of you
Because I did not attack you. I described your problematic behavior, accurately.

In case you forgot, you are fresh off a three month ban for a combination of vote manipulation and trying to have me banned for exposing it. The idea that you are being victimized because I point out your stonewalling or bad faith arguing is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back