• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Cosmology Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the real world multiverse
I'm not even talking about the multiverse. I mean that there's a 4th dimension that can be mathematically proven and we just don't have a volume for it. Also, I'm like 95% sure what you said doesn't work as you implied it works.
The tier 2 characters in question all scale from universe-busting or creating feats, so yes, they would all automatically end up at tier High 1-B.
Which is why I said it's not worth using the Cantor statements or the like. They're massively inconsistent with everything and there's no real reason to use it.

Okay, so what do you want to do exactly?

Also, do you agree with my reasoning that the infinite-dimensional multiversal transport nexuses cannot be confined within single universes per logical definition?

Also, I apologise again for severely mismanaging the out of control conflict situation earlier. I have a combination of mid-level autism and adhd, latent psychosis remaining from my old very severe mental illness, and very extreme amounts of constant overwork, so I am inherently not able to handle situations when I get mentally overexerted by trying to engage in serious quick and stressful arguments while simultaneously being very tired, not having had the time to exercise recently due to overwork, and trying to juggle many other tasks at the same time. It is a bad combination that I am not able to properly handle the mental strain from yet.

Last edited:
Also, I apologise again for severely mismanaging the out of control conflict situation earlier. I have a combination of mid-level autism and adhd, latent psychosis remaining from my old very severe mental illness, and very extreme amounts of constant overwork, so I am inherently not able to handle situations when I get mentally overexerted by trying to engage in serious quick and stressful arguments while simultaneously being very tired, not having had the time to exercise recently due to overwork, trying to juggle many other tasks at the same time. It is a bad combination that I am not able to properly handle the mental strain from yet.
It's fine man

Thank you. It isn't like I am usually going around being an authoritarian jerk. I think that I am very helpful, compassionate, and quite reasonable over 99.9% of the time, but when my stress, tiredness, distraction, and mental strain levels go beyond a certain extreme point, I sometimes definitely begin to get too irritable and authoritative in order to try to get control over and shut down perceived extreme problems.

Last edited:
Also, I apologise again for severely mismanaging the out of control conflict situation earlier. I have a combination of mid-level autism and adhd, latent psychosis remaining from my old very severe mental illness, and very extreme amounts of constant overwork, so I am inherently not able to handle situations when I get mentally overexerted by trying to engage in serious quick and stressful arguments while simultaneously being very tired, not having had the time to exercise recently due to overwork, and trying to juggle many other tasks at the same time. It is a bad combination that I am not able to properly handle the mental strain from yet.
No problem, it's cool everyone get's stressed now and then.

I think that I am too tired to do my wiki patrolling work right now. I will go to bed now and handle it early tomorrow instead.

The Macroverse wank has been completely debunked. It's derailing to continue to stonewall a discussion thread on a subject that is certainly not going to be accepted.

This will be settled permanently.

5zmYRBV.png

"As above, so below! Here in the Microverse, I find the same wonders I discovered in the Macroverse."

1. Microverse and Macroverse directly referenced in the same sentence as "above" and "below" the "equiverse" which is the regular universe.

U2Gk5vI.png

2. Microverse directly described as a "micro-universe within our own" in the comic, which means that this comic was operating based on that notion .

neuPoFl.png

3. Another direct equivocation, "in all creation, from sub-atomic (microverse) to the macroverse."

LmbjQXe.png

4. A ship travels from the microverse to the macroverse.

And the coup d'état.

mvXLwh5.png

The macroverse was not a dream. In the comic he was shunted into the macroverse after being stuck in a dream world. Surfer says the one thing he is sure of is that it isn't a dream.

There you have it. The Macroverse is the direct opposite of the Microverse, which is a micro-universe within the equiverse, which is the normal universe.

Now, do you intend to persist in arguing for a ridiculous upgrade based on a bad interpretation of a comic run you didn't actually read? Or can the rest of us move on with a more reasonable discussion?

That comic is absolutely ancient. New information (The scan I've shown is from 2014) naturally overrides old, especially in a medium like comicbooks.
Okay then let me bring recent info.
The Negative Zone is called a parallel dimension: Secret Invasion (2008).
● Here the Negative Zone is called a failed pocket universe resting inside an existing one: Avengers #21 (2013).
● It's called an alternate dimension here also: The Unbeatable Squirrel girl #43 (2019).
● Negative Zone is called an Anti-matter Underverse: Guardians of the galaxy #3 (2019).
Negative Zone is also stated to be an Anti-matter Universe in Fantastic Four Annual #6 (1961)

All recent mentions of Negative Zone dosen't make it sound like some extra-dimensional space containing Infinite Hierarchy of dimension.

The Macroverse wank has been completely debunked. It's derailing to continue to stonewall a discussion thread on a subject that is certainly not going to be accepted.

This will be settled permanently.

5zmYRBV.png

"As above, so below! Here in the Microverse, I find the same wonders I discovered in the Macroverse."

1. Microverse and Macroverse directly referenced in the same sentence as "above" and "below" the "equiverse" which is the regular universe.

U2Gk5vI.png

2. Microverse directly described as a "micro-universe within our own" in the comic, which means that this comic was operating based on that notion .

neuPoFl.png

3. Another direct equivocation, "in all creation, from sub-atomic (microverse) to the macroverse."

LmbjQXe.png

4. A ship travels from the microverse to the macroverse.

And the coup d'état.

mvXLwh5.png

The macroverse was not a dream. In the comic he was shunted into the macroverse after being stuck in a dream world. Surfer says the one thing he is sure of is that it isn't a dream.

There you have it. The Macroverse is the direct opposite of the Microverse, which is a micro-universe within the equiverse, which is the normal universe.

Now, do you intend to persist in arguing for a ridiculous upgrade based on a bad interpretation of a comic run you didn't actually read? Or can the rest of us move on with a more reasonable discussion?
This still contains many of the previous problems and doesn't address the core issues. I never stated that the Microverse and Macroverse were not inverses of each other, just pointed out some flaws in Deagon's arguments, which still stand, probably why he's resorting to new arguments. Now, the second scan and the fourth scan are the only relevant scans here, as the other 2 scans are used to show the Microverse and Macroverse being inverses of each other, and while I could point out flaws in the given scans, Deagon would then likely again straw man my argument into saying they are not inverses, so I won't do that until he gives a valid answer to my main question that I have been asking for a while- How does the Microverse and Macroverse being inverses of each other mean Sama-D was referring to the Microverse?

The second scan does imply the Microverse exists within the main universe, but this again doesn't prove that Sama-D was referring to the Microverse. In fact, Sama-D was pretty much referring to all universes, not just one or two, and we know Marvel isn't limited to worlds-within-worlds, it has parallel realities(worlds-besides-worlds). So it cannot be referring to the Microverse, a realm that exists inside just the main universe. I also fail to see how a universe can't contain universes within its atoms and simultaneously view some others as dreams.

But more than all of this, there's a very vital point, and that's the fact Marvel currently uses a composite cosmology. Deagon himself has stated before that Mandrakk's origin in Final Crisis was retconned in the Metal era. But when FC was written, Mandrakk had his old origin. Would you use that origin when discussing FC stuff or his "new" origin, Deagon? I am fairly certain that you would say you would use his newer origin, and you already have, in the past. Similarly, even if the comic did consider the Microverse to be a universe within the main universe, that wouldn't align with how it's currently supposed to be. The Microverse was parallel, then became something that exists within the main universe, and then somehow became parallel again? These are undeniable contradictions. The correct thing to do would be to use what the Microverse is currently referred to as(parallel), to apply that onto the old comic, and change how the comic worked out accordingly. That's how things work, as Ultima said, newer stuff overrides old. Deagon himself used similar logic in the Lucifer downgrade thread, no reason why it wouldn't apply here.

So the Microverse does exist as a parallel reality, but even if it wasn't, my argument stands and Deagon has failed to address the vital questions. Next, he used this scan-

mvXLwh5.png

However, his own scan debunks him.
This is no dream... no illusion formed from the depths of my mind
Silver Surfer is specifically talking about how the Macroverse is not an illusion formed by HIS mind, how it's not something HE'S dreaming. That has no relation to whether it is a dream to a HIGHER reality. This is confirmed in the previous issue as well, which you obviously didn't read

image.png

But I don't see how whether it is a dream or not is relevant in the first place, as this universe was like the "highest" in infinity, even beyond the edges of Eternity. So it would make sense even if it wasn't a dream, as there shouldn't be anything higher to dream it.

And this is the conclusion Deagon reached in his post-
The previous question remains, even if you ignore everything I said above, how would the Microverse being the opposite of the Macroverse and somehow existing inside the normal universe prove Sama-D was referring to the Microverse? And Deagon even directly admitted to universes existing between the Microverse and Macroverse, by saying the normal universe/equiverse existed above the former and below the latter. So, did Sama-D miss all those worlds which could be seen as dreams? Did he miss all the "worlds-within-worlds" mentioned by Dormammu? And more importantly, how would Sama-D be referring to just the Microverse when he said "worlds"(plural)?

Also, I am not arguing for an upgrade, I am arguing for the current statistics to stay.

It says "Worlds within worlds", which is plural. So within each universe exist multiple universes
It could but marvel talks about it as the Microverse, Worlds withing worlds can also mean within each universe exists multiple worlds(planets), even the solar system alone is has several worlds.

Worlds within worlds can't necessarily mean multiple universes within a single universe anyways Marvel already gave us what they meant by such statement and that's the Microverse.

It could but marvel talks about it as the Microverse, Worlds withing worlds can also mean within each universe exists multiple worlds(planets), even the solar system alone is has several worlds.

Worlds within worlds can't necessarily mean multiple universes within a single universe anyways Marvel already gave us what they meant by such statement and that's the Microverse.
I mean... one universe in marvel already has infinite timelines/universes within one universe. Like 616.

Yeah Earth 616 contains infinite timelines but I'm just saying worlds within worlds can mean anything apart from universes within a universe besides marvel already gave us context of what they meant by worlds within worlds.
Ok i understand what you mean but "worlds within words" can't be referring to planets. How can planet be contained within another planet?

Amazing. In response to being absolutely debunked, we are met with yet another text-wall of stonewalling and bad faith arguing. Going as far to pretend that the Macroverse and Microverse being opposites is something they never argued against.

This macroverse wank has been thoroughly rebutted. I won't waste any more of my time on it and neither should anyone else. No matter how obviously wrong their arguments are they'll just keep bickering like they didn't get blown off the map with evidence that what they said was wrong.

This macroverse wank has been thoroughly rebutted. I won't waste any more of my time on it
This is the third time you are saying this.

At this point I am not gonna respond to you saying we are derailing and stonewalling, but I will ask to not group BT with me. BT never had any part in the Microverse/Macroverse argument. There's no reason to attack him on my part.

Amazing. In response to being absolutely debunked, we are met with yet another text-wall of stonewalling and bad faith arguing. Going as far to pretend that the Macroverse and Microverse being opposites is something they never argued against.

This macroverse wank has been thoroughly rebutted. I won't waste any more of my time on it and neither should anyone else. No matter how obviously wrong their arguments are they'll just keep bickering like they didn't get blown off the map with evidence that what they said was wrong.
...😡.

This is the third time you are saying this.

At this point I am not gonna respond to you saying we are derailing and stonewalling, but I will ask to not group BT with me. BT never had any part in the Microverse/Macroverse argument. There's no reason to attack him on my part.
I would also appreciate if this issue is dropped. The Microverse has continuously been portrayed as being subatomic for decades as far as I recall from the stories that I have read about it.

To be clear, the Microverse being called a sub-atomic dimension was stated to be a misconception
As I already showed, the Silver Surfer comic run referred to it as a sub atomic universe within the main universe. Which means the writer was working off of that "misconception." The fact that it was changed in other comics doesn't override that.

As I already showed, the Silver Surfer comic run referred to it as a sub atomic universe within the main universe. Which means the writer was working off of that "misconception." The fact that it was changed in other comics doesn't override that.
I addressed this in my post, I don't want to repeat myself, especially since I am on phone. Please read through it

No, as you know, but passive-aggressively keep attacking anyway, I have blocked my access to comicbook reading sites in order to save time and be more able to properly handle my responsibilities in this community, but the Microverse was certainly portrayed this way in the 1970s and 1980s Micronauts, Hulk, and Avengers stories that I read long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back