• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics - Odin AP Revision

Odin gets 2-A, but with a "Varies" mechanism. Can varies tiers have three things listed? Because I think it would be good to have the 2-C for the tier others will scale from from (AKA "Normal Skyfather" tier) but I also think a 3-C tier is reasonable. Could we do something like "Varies, from 3-C at the lowest, 2-C normally, up to 2-A at peak"? Egyptian Gods also get 2-A, but I think that was handled in another thread.

Other Skyfathers and the Hell Lords get 2-C via scaling from various feats about the Nine Realms, and a Hell Lord feat of merging several Universe-sized realms. I think Surtur w/ Twilight Sword and Eternal Flames gets 2-A as well, as he does have a 2-A feat.
Iirc the issue was, as tracer brought forward, it's hard to determine the proper power levels of Odin which is why we are going for Straight up 2a instead of breaking it off. 3c is fine tho. Varies from 3c to 2a. 2c is gonna be hard to pin down compared to the other stuff.

I think that we agreed on giving Odin a varies between 3-C and 2-A tier now that you remind me, yes. However, I would greatly appreciate if somebody can note down all of the relevant arguments and evidence posted in this thread to include in his VSBW profile page.

Iirc the issue was, as tracer brought forward, it's hard to determine the proper power levels of Odin which is why we are going for Straight up 2a instead of breaking it off. 3c is fine tho. Varies from 3c to 2a. 2c is gonna be hard to pin down compared to the other stuff.
I think this is fine.

Ok, that makes sense. In that case we should add something to his profile that says he is too unreliable to consistently scale other characters to, like we have with Gladiator.

It's not on his page, but it's on the verse page. It says "They can harm characters deemed fully Galaxy level consistently. Note that certain characters may be listed as unreliable to scale from due to sheer inconsistency as well, for example Gladiator."

It's not on his page, but it's on the verse page. It says "They can harm characters deemed fully Galaxy level consistently. Note that certain characters may be listed as unreliable to scale from due to sheer inconsistency as well, for example Gladiator."
Ah. I gotta change that.

Also, does RKT stay "At least 2-A, possibly Low 1-C"?
Yes.

I will unlock the Doctor Doom and Odin pages, and think that a footnote in Odin's page seems fine, but just to make certain, have you noted down all of the relevant arguments and evidence in this thread for Odin's intended tiers already?

I will unlock the Doctor Doom and Odin pages, and think that a footnote in Odin's page seems fine, but just to make certain, have you noted down all of the relevant arguments and evidence in this thread for Odin's intended tiers already?
I would appreciate some information about this before the edits are applied.

Also, are any members willing to apply the accepted revisions here?

Okay. Thank you for helping out. Tell us here when you are done.

Possibly, although I would argue that Galactus can go much lower than 3-C at his weakest.

I am not sure, but The Thing and Mister Fantastic were able to knock him via physical impact force at his weakest.

The Thing does not have an official variable tier, unlike the Hulk, and is officially only as strong as a calm Hulk, as far as I am aware.

Well, Galactus was near death at the time.

There is a notion presented in a few comics that "Galactus' physical form within the universe =/= Galactus' strength as an entity across the universal planes", which serves as an explanation of how 3-Cs harm him that a few other comics seem to use as well, I'll have to gather scans but that notion does help mitigate a few outliers since it seems to reference to that.

Okay. That seems useful, yes.

Anyway, is somebody willing to apply what has been accepted here please?

I have unlocked our Galactus page, and already unlocked Odin's VSBW page earlier.

Is somebody willing and able to properly update them please?

Back