• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics - Odin AP Revision

When you bump stuff, can you not delete your messages? It messes up with the notification system. It doesn't send notifications after your message, so it sorta falls under the radar. Had I not been actively looking for this, would have missed it for god knows how long.

Do we need to vote on everything?
Not sure. Wasn't a lot of this stuff agreed on already?

I think the only issue is still the Odin one. Basically the stuff about no one scaling to him. I think some input around that is needed. But all of the knowledgeable people are here so idk if they are interested or not.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not sure what exactly is left to be decided. I'm fine with 2-C for Hellords and normal Skyfathers if there aren't any 2-A feats for them.

I think we should hold votes as a formality though, just to make it clear exactly what is left to be discussed.

Who will be doing the voting? There are only a handful of us active on this thread. Will that be enough, or do we need more?

When you bump stuff, can you not delete your messages? It messes up with the notification system. It doesn't send notifications after your message, so it sorta falls under the radar. Had I not been actively looking for this, would have missed it for god knows how long.
That is correct, yes. Whenever you do that, all people who subscribe to the thread stop receiving notifications, and have to check their followed threads list instead.

For my part I think I'm fine with the Confluctor plan, create a scale chain for the low and high levels of the Skyfather and put Odin in Variables where his level is between 3-C ~ 2-C and 2-A at his peak
Okay. That is probably fine to apply then, but let's wait a bit further for input from the members that Confluctor sent a notification to above first.

Makes sense to me, this explains a lot of "contradictions".

Although I would like to see scans where Odin's power changes with Odinsleep are mentioned, such as the instances where Thor controlling himself is mentioned.

Makes sense to me, this explains a lot of "contradictions".

Although I would like to see scans where Odin's power changes with Odinsleep are mentioned, such as the instances where Thor controlling himself is mentioned.
A lot of it has been explicitly confirmed in handbooks, where he needs his Odinsleep or else he will begin to lose his powers.

But there are tons of stuff happening in comics where the handbook stuff comes from. One notable example I can think of right now is Odin being forced to enter Odinsleep after his battle with Galactus to regain his strength. Fractions run Vol 1 - 2

A lot of it has been explicitly confirmed in handbooks, where he needs his Odinsleep or else he will begin to lose his powers.

But there are tons of stuff happening in comics where the handbook stuff comes from. One notable example I can think of right now is Odin being forced to enter Odinsleep after his battle with Galactus to regain his strength. Fractions run Vol 1 - 2
Well, those mentions and stays should be added.

If I could find any online without having to read dozens of comics, I would have done it already 🗿

But for now, I will find the handbook scan after work. Should be enough until I find scans from the actual comic. I know JMS run had some statements about it too.

Okay. That is probably fine to apply then, but let's wait a bit further for input from the members that Confluctor sent a notification to above first.
So have we waited for long enough now, or should I send a notification to several knowledgeable members again?

Is somebody here willing and able to competently and accurately apply exactly what was accepted in this thread to Odin's profile page? Also, do any other pages need to be updated as well?

Thank you. Is somebody here willing to help Confluctor with properly applying the changes, possibly via an initial wiki sandbox page draft?

Thank you. Is somebody here willing to help Confluctor with properly applying the changes, possibly via an initial wiki sandbox page draft?
Is somebody willing to list the members who helped out here previously, so I can send a notification to them, please?

Is somebody here willing and able to competently and accurately apply exactly what was accepted in this thread to Odin's profile page? Also, do any other pages need to be updated as well?
I don't think I ever said I will apply them lol...

But I can cover some of them, if someone else can cover the rest.
@ObberGobb @Confluctor @MARVEL_Future_Fight_Gamer @LordTracer @Firestorm808 @Eficiente @Oliver_de_jesus @Eseseso @CosmicWreck @Kulf_Boba @Armorchompy @Kenshin_

Are any of you able and willing to properly apply the accepted revisions here?

I honestly can't remember much, plus kinda busy with other stuff. So, just check through the thread, Eseseso.

Iirc Odin becomes varies up to like 2-A but barely anyone scales him. Aside from the Odinsleep factor, he is just too damn inconsistent for scaling to take place. Old Thor and Gorr becomes low 1-C I think with Phoenix scaling - or maybe it was just Old Thor. RKT... I think he was meant to get affected too? I forgot. Also most of them loses their 2-A and becomes 2-C via the hell lords multi space-time merging feat

I honestly can't remember much, plus kinda busy with other stuff. So, just check through the thread, Eseseso.

Iirc Odin becomes varies up to like 2-A but barely anyone scales him. Aside from the Odinsleep factor, he is just too damn inconsistent for scaling to take place. Old Thor and Gorr becomes low 1-C I think with Phoenix scaling - or maybe it was just Old Thor. RKT... I think he was meant to get affected too? I forgot. Also most of them loses their 2-A and becomes 2-C via the hell lords multi space-time merging feat
Ok.

Moderately fed Galactus keeps his 2-A end, or no?

Considering how messy Galactus' tiering in general is and how it doesn't take into account proper power mechanism, yes, he will lose his 2-A in that key. The other will still be kept even tho it's like a low 1-a feat. Based

Considering how messy Galactus' tiering in general is and how it doesn't take into account proper power mechanism, yes, he will lose his 2-A in that key. The other will still be kept even tho it's like a low 1-a feat. Based
In that case since one of Doctor Doom's 2-A prep feats kinda scales to Odin (when he absorbed Galactus's power), I'll need to make some changes to the justification so I'll need the Dr. Doom page unlocked.

Odin gets 2-A, but with a "Varies" mechanism. Can varies tiers have three things listed? Because I think it would be good to have the 2-C for the tier others will scale from from (AKA "Normal Skyfather" tier) but I also think a 3-C tier is reasonable. Could we do something like "Varies, from 3-C at the lowest, 2-C normally, up to 2-A at peak"? Egyptian Gods also get 2-A, but I think that was handled in another thread.

Other Skyfathers and the Hell Lords get 2-C via scaling from various feats about the Nine Realms, and a Hell Lord feat of merging several Universe-sized realms. I think Surtur w/ Twilight Sword and Eternal Flames gets 2-A as well, as he does have a 2-A feat.

Old King Thor and Gorr get "At least 2-A, possibly Low 1-C" based on OKT fighting pretty evenly against Phoenix Force Wolverine, with OKT being able to severely harm him, but losing due to Phoenix Wolverine's regen. Gorr gets it due to being significantly higher than OKT.

I'd be fine with doing the sandboxes, but it might be better for someone else to do, as mine is very full.

Odin gets 2-A, but with a "Varies" mechanism. Can varies tiers have three things listed? Because I think it would be good to have the 2-C for the tier others will scale from from (AKA "Normal Skyfather" tier) but I also think a 3-C tier is reasonable. Could we do something like "Varies, from 3-C at the lowest, 2-C normally, up to 2-A at peak"? Egyptian Gods also get 2-A, but I think that was handled in another thread.

Other Skyfathers and the Hell Lords get 2-C via scaling from various feats about the Nine Realms, and a Hell Lord feat of merging several Universe-sized realms. I think Surtur w/ Twilight Sword and Eternal Flames gets 2-A as well, as he does have a 2-A feat.

Old King Thor and Gorr get "At least 2-A, possibly Low 1-C" based on OKT fighting pretty evenly against Phoenix Force Wolverine, with OKT being able to severely harm him, but losing due to Phoenix Wolverine's regen. Gorr gets it due to being significantly higher than OKT.

I'd be fine with doing the sandboxes, but it might be better for someone else to do, as mine is very full.
Thanks for explaining.

I'll edit the Dr. Doom page (mainly a big chunk of the 2-A prep session) as soon as it is unlocked.

Back