• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics - Odin AP Revision

Also, doesn't that supercomputer state that Thanos (who in base is not 2-A, even though someone gave it a good try) can kill the Phoenix force?
Well, I don't see it as something to dismiss the feat. Thanos is the most out-of-place character there, sure, and so is Wanda; with Wanda they most likely meant her peak she can achieve, as her regular attacks are far, far weaker. So it's very easy to conclude that it doesn't just refer to their regular attacks they can throw right off the bat. With this standard in mind Thanos too would be able to kill the Phoenix Force with prep time, he's known for getting items that amp his power.

Needless to say it's also throwing down some selective top-tiers, yet lots of characters scale to Thanos, which is of course a huge thing to consider.

In a then rather recent storyline, a future version of Thanos had been shown to kill Celestials and Galactus in a story where his present self travelled to the future, but it didn't really make almost any sense in relation to his previously established power levels.

Oh wait yeah. That always made sense to me as it makes sense in-universe; they're not saying that Thanos is that strong, but that he has some Accelerated Development that will, in the future, allow him to get that powerful. It is super dumb and bs (in terms of what he should realistically be capable of), but not contradictory.

It also seems to be a retcon, so I would even be confident to reflect this in his profile if nothing came later that would contradict this.

Yes, and despite that the story in question established this accelerated development feature, his many millions of years younger past self was still able to match him. I think that it was a Donny Cates story. His powerscaling very seldom tends to make any sense.

Okay. Perhaps I misremember then. Please elaborate.

Ah, so that was not a temporary power-up then? Noted.

Can somebody remind us what we need to decide and possibly apply here please?

I was going to make a blog to better explain how the World Tree doesn't have "possibly infinite universes" in it, and add it to the profiles that have feats related to it.

Odin needs to have the reasoning for his stats changed, but not modified.

Dormmamu claiming to be the equal to Odin or Zeus should be dismissed and better explained in his Feats.

Accelerated Development for Thanos (someone needs to go for the scans and sources for that)

Idk if more.

Keeping up with more than 1 thread for the same verse is hard and annoying, can we keep this one still until the clearly more important thread is finished?

I suppose so, if you or somebody else remind us about this one later.

I was going to make a blog to better explain how the World Tree doesn't have "possibly infinite universes" in it, and add it to the profiles that have feats related to it.

Dormmamu claiming to be the equal to Odin or Zeus should be dismissed and better explained in his Feats.

Accelerated Development for Thanos (someone needs to go for the scans and sources for that)

Idk if more.

Keeping up with more than 1 thread for the same verse is hard and annoying, can we keep this one still until the clearly more important thread is finished?
All seems good to me.

I guess this should be fine

Back