• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics - Odin AP Revision

Yes, but the power of a few Celestials combined was still superior to him.

Btw I apologize if anyone feels like I'm dragging out this thread I just want to make sure all the revisions concerning Odin stuff get done here so extra CRT's don't need to be made.

Good point, maybe that would be better phrasing
Maybe something like this:

Varies from Galaxy level (At his weakest, he is almost consistently still portrayed as comparable to the likes of Thor. Fought evenly against Jane Foster Thor), up to Multiverse level+ (Nullified Surtur’s flames that could destroy Yggdrasil, which is possibly infinite compared to the Nine Realms, each of which is already universal in size, exists in all the infinite planes of reality, and caused Doctor Strange to feel more magic than he had ever felt before. Although weaker, he is treated as being on a similar level as Classic Dormammu)
An explanation of its variable level would be missing.
It's to do with the Odinsleep right? Though I'm not sure how it would be phrased or where the scans for it are

Last edited:
Sentry only went through his armor reanimated by the symbiotes, the essence of the Celestials is pure energy.
In theory, yes, but here the context was presented as The Sentry just effortlessly beating them up.

Maybe something like this:

Varies from Galaxy level (At his weakest, he is almost consistently still portrayed as comparable to the likes of Thor. Fought evenly against Jane Foster Thor), up to Multiverse level+ (Nullified Surtur’s flames that could destroy Yggdrasil, which is possibly infinite compared to the Nine Realms, each of which is already universal in size, exists in all the infinite planes of reality, and caused Doctor Strange to feel more magic than he had ever felt before. Although weaker, he is treated as being on a similar level as Classic Dormammu)
That seems fine to me.
It's to do with the Odinsleep right? Though I'm not sure how it would be phrased or where the scans for it are
The Odinsleep has very rarely been referenced in instances of portrayed comparative weakness, and seems to have been largely forgotten in the most recent decades, so I think that it is really just Marvel being Marvel in terms of general inconsistency. As such, I think that your above listed wording seems fine to apply.

Oh also, we'd need to move the justifications for the realms being universal in size to the 2-A part. Right now, it is listed as justification for 2-C. So how about:

That seems fine to me at least.

I am not sure. Zeus beat up Galactus once, but he was likely more powerful than usual.

Btw not crazy about the part of Odin's justification scaling to Dormammu, since even 2-A Dormammu is drastically above what Odin has done.

Never mind the Cosmic Egg stuff, Dormammu was stated TWICE to be capable of killing the entire Celestial race. And the Celestials are quite a bit above 2-A Odin.

The one time Dormammu said they were comparable he was both weakened, in one of his earliest and thus weakest incarnations, and outside the Dark Dimension.

Well, Odin fought Dormammu to a draw during a game in which they respectively controlled the order and chaos of the entire regular Marvel universe, but he was outside of the Dark Dimension then.

Maybe you are right about that the mention should be removed though. I am not certain.

The Odinsleep has very rarely been referenced in instances of portrayed comparative weakness, and seems to have been largely forgotten in the most recent decades, so I think that it is really just Marvel being Marvel in terms of general inconsistency. As such, I think that your above listed wording seems fine to apply.
I thought it was agreed earlier in this thread that Odin's Varies tiering is because he has a power mechanism due to the Odinsleep or something like that
Just curious, is there anyone who DOES scale to Odin's 2-A status?
I am not sure. Zeus beat up Galactus once, but he was likely more powerful than usual.
Yeah, pretty sure Zeus was amplified. I think it was discussed earlier in this thread that Zeus would be "3-C, possibly 2-A"

So since the Celestials >>>>>>> Odin Destroyer Armor, is that a 2-A feat?
Yeah, pretty sure Zeus was amplified. I think it was discussed earlier in this thread that Zeus would be "3-C, possibly 2-A"
Agree

Well, Odin fought Dormammu to a draw during a game in which they respectively controlled the order and chaos of the entire regular Marvel universe, but he was outside of the Dark Dimension then.

Maybe you are right about that the mention should be removed though. I am not certain.
It's not a big deal, just irks me.

I thought it was agreed earlier in this thread that Odin's Varies tiering is because he has a power mechanism due to the Odinsleep or something like that
I am afraid that doesn't particularly make sense, as the Odinsleep has not been mentioned in recent decades, or at best extremely rarely, as far as I am aware.

Okay. That seems fine then.

Ok, just making sure, because like 2/3 of Marvel's 2-A people scale to the Celestials so it's important to get this settled.
Shouldn't we use Confluctor's scaling blog that was linked to above?

I am afraid that doesn't particularly make sense, as the Odinsleep has not been mentioned in recent decades, or at best extremely rarely, as far as I am aware.
Well, Confluctor brought this Odinsleep power mechanism up and was going to get scans of it, so you're going to have to ask them
Okay.

@Confluctor @The_Impress

Would you be willing to help out here regarding how we should explain Odin's variable tier please?

Well, the entire host combined melted it to slag, but it still severely damaged a single Celestial first. The Celestial simply regenerated afterwards.
I mean, IIRC a single Celestial could casually block a beam attack from it with one hand.

And when Odin, Zeus, and the other god all attacked a Celestial at once IIRC, they did no damage to it.

I feel like we already went through this... The Odinsleep is a factor and its a power mechanism, idk why anyone has to mention it every other issue... but it did exist in Fractions run, so it's been about a decade ig, or just a bit less. But as also we agreed initially, he is just too inconsistent and odinsleep is the closest thing we can get to properly tiering him. We don't give tiers for inconsistencies. But we do in this case because at least he has a semi decent explanation for his powers being shit.

Well, The Destroyer did cut off the arm of a Celestial with a single blow.
So it's comparable to a Celestial, but I'd say somewhat weaker.

The fact that Odin Zeus and the Hindu God together without the armor could not even scratch a Celestial does prove that Celestials scale above normal 2-A skyfathers.

I feel like we already went through this... The Odinsleep is a factor and its a power mechanism, idk why anyone has to mention it every other issue... but it did exist in Fractions run, so it's been about a decade ig, or just a bit less. But as also we agreed initially, he is just too inconsistent and odinsleep is the closest thing we can get to properly tiering him. We don't give tiers for inconsistencies. But we do in this case because at least he has a semi decent explanation for his powers being shit.
I agree.

I could write a text for Odin variable level explanation, scans can be added later I guess.

And when Odin, Zeus, and the other god all attacked a Celestial at once IIRC, they did no damage to it.
The fact that Odin Zeus and the Hindu God together without the armor could not even scratch a Celestial does prove that Celestials scale above normal 2-A skyfathers.
Wasn't that Arishem the Judge, who is considered the most powerful Celestial (with exceptions like the Dreaming Celestial, Exitar the Exceutionar and One Above All)?

Last edited:
I agree.

I could write a text for Odin variable level explanation, scans can be added later I guess.
Okay. Never mind. I suppose that we can use that solution instead.

It isn't really accurate, and I tend to be very uneasy with that kind of thing, but alright in lack of better options then.

So it's comparable to a Celestial, but I'd say somewhat weaker.
Well, to me it seemed comparable to a regular Celestial.
They were not remotely portrayed as tier 2-A in that story though. That level of power was established much later, and in this introduction story Arishem was considered as a big deal just because he could destroy a planet.

So what is currently left to do here?

That is fine with me. I will check if the page is unlocked.

Back