• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The new scaling chain;
Gilgamesh > Thena > Ikaris > Sersi
Hyperion 712 =/> Ikaris > Hyperion Squadron Sinister > Wonder Man
King Hyperion > Blue Marvel/Anti-man > Hyperion 712/Carol/Chavez

Hyperion - 13034 - will scale to his own 5-A. Or we can just nuke this tier of his? or just keep it at high 6-c for simplicity sake ig
  • Post Squadron Supreme 2016, he was holding back A LOT. He was constantly questioning everything and always regretting stuff. So, scaling BM from the two panels wouldn't be worth it, since neither actually really wanted to fight (?).

Last edited:
The Squadron Sinister version of Hyperion decisively overpowered Wonder Man when the former was a member of the Grandmaster's Legion of the Unliving.

Anyway, are you suggesting that we should use both tiers 5-B and 5-A then? To me it seems to overcomplicate things.

Yes.

Anyway, what do you think about the second text segment in my last previous post?

5-A just for 13034, the rest gets 5-B.
Hmm. It seems overly complicated to me to not use clear even tier levels for characters of roughly the same scale of power in the case of western superhero verses.

Hmm. It seems overly complicated to me to not use clear even tier levels for characters of roughly the same scale of power in the case of western superhero verses.
But why? Nobody scales to that value. The less we have to rely on complicated scaling chains, the better IMO.

Yeah, just removing Hyperion and a few people away from high 6c.

What about carol? Should she stay down there with Chavez?

But why? Nobody scales to that value. The less we have to rely on complicated scaling chains, the better IMO.
Because it would look weird and disorganised to have Hyperion alone at 5-A when all the other superhero power levels (High 8-C, High 6-C, 5-B, 4-A, 3-C) have quite a lot of characters scaling to them.

I mean if you're planning on dropping Carol from High 6-C they get downgraded to kingdom come (Maybe high-end tier 7) she's the primary scaler.

Address her later, this is greater scope revision than you intend :V

If we're splitting Hyperion tier from general High 6-C riff-raff I'm fine with it. Substituting High 6-C as a whole? **** no, Hyperion is contextually way the hell stronger than most characters we list High 6-C.
Yeah, just removing Hyperion and a few people away from high 6c.

What about carol? Should she stay down there with Chavez?
I think that we scale the High 6-C characters from Carol's feat to start with, so we would need to give her a "holding back" tier in this regard.

I disagree. The more we rely on a huge ass scaling chain, the worser it gets. I would rather have more people scaled to their own consistent feats rather than this scaling chain.

And it doesn't look disorganized. Its an entire multiverse - the franchise. Not everyone has to be in the same tier.

I mean if you're planning on dropping Carol from High 6-C they get downgraded to kingdom come (Maybe high-end tier 7) she's the primary scaler.

Address her later, this is greater scope revision than you intend :V
What I mean is giving carol another stat 5b at peak or something. If not, she can stay there. Tho Chavez will likely be stuck in high 6c too. I don't mind either tho.

Also, now that the Hulk has been upgraded to 3-C, should we consider his three old High 3-A feats as "peak level" for him, rather than as outliers?

Just Hyperion (Avengers).
I think that quite a lot of characters would be more comparable to Nova than peak Surfer & Thor, especially if their own peak feats are nowhere near a 3-C scale.

Also, now that the Hulk has been upgraded to 3-C, should we consider his three old High 3-A feats as "peak level" for him, rather than as outliers?
Oh they're wonk and missing context in general, we had multiple threads debunking them, idfk why they're still listed.

That's why I had the original thread to do this stuff for 5B but apparently it was too many.
We haven't applied 3-C yet, but you're doing 5-B, High 6-C rescale, + Carol gets varies + Hyperion gets his own tier + whatever revision some rando happens to talk in front of you.

Like... are you not seeing the issue? This is Hykuu's Sentry thread times a million.

We haven't applied 3-C yet, but you're doing 5-B, High 6-C rescale, + Carol gets varies + Hyperion gets his own tier + whatever revision some rando happens to talk in front of you.

Like... are you not seeing the issue? This is Hykuu's Sentry thread times a million.
I suppose that it wouldn't hurt to try to keep this revision more focused, yes. We should at least not remove the High 6-C ratings.

I don't think so, no. Just blatant galaxy-destroying feats combined with statements, in combination, I think.

Would this feat be good to help support 5-B? Its Iron Man, Model 50, surviving the explosion of Sol's Hammer, which is calced at 5-B and nearing 5-A. I don't know how it would exactly fit into the scaling chain, but it seems good support. Maybe Carol ~ Model 51 > Model 50?

Hey, does anyone think we should upgrade Dr. Doom's durability to 3-C?

He has consistently and repeatedly tanked hits from an angered Hulk, Thor, and IIRC the Sentry.

He should at least go "up to Galaxy Level" durability with all the crap his armor and forcefields have endured. I would call them outliers without preparation but there are so many instances of him normally tanking those attacks.

Hey, does anyone think we should upgrade Dr. Doom's durability to 3-C?

He has consistently and repeatedly tanked hits from an angered Hulk, Thor, and IIRC the Sentry.

He should at least go "up to Galaxy Level" durability with all the crap his armor and forcefields have endured. I would call them outliers without preparation but there are so many instances of him normally tanking those attacks.

Got scans? His armor and fields are consistently threatened by the likes of Thing.
CHTSzPt.jpg

eIJqDBw.jpg

PXDBxEV.jpg

HGzroUg.jpg

Might make a Thing CRT. He suffers severely from a lack of a proper RT (closest I could find was this). He has many excellent feats people don't talk about, like that time Sentry couldn't even budge a capsule until Thing stepped in and helped him open it.

jTg2Nb9.jpg
Simple spoiler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back