• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that's a massive Outlier, Arishem was literally tanking Thor's strongest attacks without paying attention to him, that he can now damage Exitar is just PIS
How do you know those attacks were as strong as the one he gave Arishem? When Thor attacked him he mentioned that it was his strongest blow and that it only created a small gap, keep in mind that the same comic says that Arishem didn't even feel it.

I mean then we'll not scale them altogether, and they'll have to use their own feats if the assertion is that :V
So do you suggest that we should scale the Surfer, Thor, and similar characters, to 3-C, and lower "herald" level characters to High 4-C or so based on Gladiator's and Binary's feats?

From what I can remember, yes
Well until you confirm it, if we assume the armor doesn't increase his AP this feat can scale to Thor's base considering here he only had a x2 increase?

At his base he should be able to open a hole but smaller than this feat.

He also has the hammer here, so that's another thing.

Also hits Exitar with a stronger force than Arishem. In issue 387, the shockwave just destroys some mountains or something, but this one sends ripples across the entire planet and does more damage.

Tho there is no explicit mention of the armour amping him - well aside from the belt. But it's sorta hinted at ig?

So do you suggest that we should scale the Surfer, Thor, and similar characters, to 3-C, and lower "herald" level characters to High 4-C or so based on Gladiator's and Binary's feats?
I don't know, maybe?? Firstly what do you mean by this "lower level" exactly?

How do you know those attacks were as strong as the one he gave Arishem? When Thor attacked him he mentioned that it was his strongest blow and that it only created a small gap, keep in mind that the same comic says that Arishem didn't even feel it.
Exitar, not Arishem

Thor himself described Arishem ignoring him like a fly, after trying to get his attention (which fails), Thor gathers a power that his hammer can barely withstand for a limited time (which means that he is gathering 3-C energy since his hammer has feats of containing that level of energy without any problem according to this thread) and throws it at the Celestial, you know what? The judge barely notice it and Thor himself says that he failed to stop Him, just before Exitar's appearance.

Thor mentions that he is absorbing the magnetic energies of the planet, the fact that the hammer does not hold is just an exaggeration. If Mjolnir is capable of absorbing the magnetic energies of an entire galaxy.

And it is evident that one attack is stronger than the other because of the collateral damage they leave behind. One breaks the peaks a little in kilometers while the other breaks them much more and even shakes the planet.

Given that all of the planets and stars of the galaxy still surround the spaceknights, it was left ambiguous if Galactus only moved the planet Galador or the entire galaxy, so it is not a sufficiently certain example to base our scaling on.

I don't know, maybe?? Firstly what do you mean by this "lower level" exactly?
I do not have a list of specific characters in my head. I just note that most of these characters exerting themselves at peak capacity have nowhere near the scale of feats that the Surfer and Thor do. For example, Binary barely managed to stabilise the Sun when it was infected in an issue of Quasar. I don't remember the exact circumstance so well though.

Also, going by the visual evidence and the statement "but Galador is missing", he simply teleported the planet, not the galaxy.

I do not have a list of specific characters in my head. I just note that most of these characters exerting themselves at peak capacity have nowhere near the scale of feats that the Surfer and Thor do. For example, Binary barely managed to stabilise the Sun when it was infected in an issue of Quasar. I don't remember the exact circumstance so well though.
I feel we can do that, yeah. I feel like we'll have to heavily recheck the feats for current 4-Bs tho

Okay. Help in this regard from everyone here would be very appreciated.

Given that all of the planets and stars of the galaxy still surround the spaceknights, it was left ambiguous if Galactus only moved the planet Galador or the entire galaxy, so it is not a sufficiently certain example to base our scaling on.
Galactus teleported them elsewhere in space, and the Golden Galaxy was moved from where it was by something Rom mentions:
as he said, turnabout is fair play, the Golden Galaxy is no louger plunging towards certain destruction in the dark nebula -- but neither is it anywhere where we spaceknights can hope to find it...

As far as I recall and noticed, Rom said that this was the part of space occupied by the Golden Galaxy, but Galador was nowhere to be found, and he was surrounded by other stars and planets, to signify that the galaxy was still there, so I think that it was an accidental wording error from the writer.

I also recall that I looked through some later Rom: Spaceknight issues long ago regarding this very issue, due to finding it confusing, and that these only mentioned that the planet Galador had been moved, but am not certain anymore, as it was several years ago.

In any case, given the uncertainties regarding the issue, and that it would make no sense for Galactus to teleport an entire galaxy when teleporting just a planet would be enough, and that I think Galactus was beaten by the Wraithworld sun in the same story right before this happened, I would greatly prefer if we use other feats to scale the characters from. I do not want any question marks to be present for such an important revision.

Okay. No problem.

So should we scale all of the herald level characters to 3-C, 4-A, or "At least 4-A, likely 3-C" for the time being?

Okay. Would you be willing to handle it, including listing all of the self-evident 4-A and 3-C feats and calculations that we have accepted here so far?

Okay. Would you be willing to handle it, including listing all of the self-evident 4-A and 3-C feats and calculations that we have accepted here so far?
I am abit too overworked between 3 sitewides and a sickness, can someone else reliable compile them?

Yes, agreed. Impress is taking a break from this community.

Yes, agreed. Impress is taking a break from this community.
@Confluctor said he would take care of it.

But users should decide whether we opt for 4-A, possibly 3-C or 3-C directly.

Here's what's in it for 3-C.

By the way, is breaking a Celestial's armor considered a 3-C feat or not?
Why it can also serve as a backup for Thor and Sentry's 3-C.

Well, the Uni-Lord, Black Galaxy, and Mjolnir-shatterring explosion feats are probably fine, but the others are just claims and/or without a solid timeframe.

By the way, is breaking a Celestial's armor considered a 3-C feat or not?
Why it can also serve as a backup for Thor and Sentry's 3-C.
Probably, given that it was the same writer who wrote the Exitar and Black Galaxy storylines, but it was a very small hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back