• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the upper tier heralds are what performs the 3-C feats I would argue that fully scaling normal heralds to them is a smidge sus.

What would be the lower Herald Tiers?
it's less about the lower tier ones and more about the upper tier ones. I don't have the exact scaling in mind but someone like Thanos or Mephisto is way stronger than your Thor or Silver Surfer, right?

IDK about Mephisto specifically but from my experience (and a CRT that I made and was accepted) Hell Lords are up to 2-C outside of Hell under normal circumstances. Still, same story, even if Mephisto's different people like Hela or Pluto are way stronger than your average Herald.

Wolverine is a walking case of everybody can fight everybody plot-induced stupidity/idiocy.

Anyway, can somebody list all of the tier results for the accepted feats that we will scale from in order of power level please? Also, has anybody adjusted the universal shaking (and possibly other) feats to account for a trillion lightyears within blog post calculations yet?

Last edited:
Wolverine is a walking case of everybody can fight everybody plot-induced stupidity/idiocy.
Nah, it's just that adamantium is a super strong metal in Marvel with only the strongest of the strong being outright able to shatter it, at least in Earth-616.

Anyway, can somebody list all of the tier results for the accepted feats that we will scale from in order of power level please? Also, has anybody adjusted the universal shaking (and possibly other) feats to account for a trillion lightyears within blog post calculations yet?
@Kulf_Boba

Nah, it's just that adamantium is a super strong metal in Marvel with only the strongest of the strong being outright able to shatter it, at least in Earth-616.
It doesn't matter that Adamantium is that strong in itself. Wolverine should still not remotely be able to wield it with enough force to pierce level 3-C beings.

It doesn't matter that Adamantium is that strong in itself. Wolverine should still not remotely be able to wield it with enough force to pierce level 3-C beings.
Ant, we have plenty of characters on this site that have weapons made out of super-strong metal that consistently damage other characters with tiers magnitudes above the weapon's wielder themselves. Wolverine is not the first one. We have hundreds, if not thousands of such characters rated as "X physically, Y with super-unique weapon made out of random super-strong metal". To deny Wolverine this would mean all those profiles would have to be downgraded as well.

By your logic, a character that is normally Tier 9 would be unable to pierce a Tier 3/2 character with a sword made of a super-strong metal that is consistently shown to be able to pierce or even grievously harm characters of that level. Which honestly makes no sense to me, this is an attribute of the metal just being that strong and sharp, this has nothing to do with the character having enough force to thrust it through said character. This isn't your typical "gun bullet" inconsistency.

Last edited:
Anyway, how many high 3-A feats would we have? Also, High 3-A being supposedly an outlier doesn't mean the feat suddenly becomes 4-A/3-C

Ant, we have plenty of characters on this site that have weapons made out of super-strong metal that consistently damage other characters with tiers magnitudes above the weapon's wielder themselves. Wolverine is not the first one. We have hundreds, if not thousands of such characters rated as "X physically, Y with super-unique weapon made out of random super-strong metal". To deny Wolverine this would mean all those profiles would have to be downgraded as well.

By your logic, a character that is normally Tier 9 would be unable to pierce a Tier 3/2 character with a sword made of a super-strong metal that is consistently shown to be able to pierce or even grievously harm characters of that level. Which honestly makes no sense to me, this is an attribute of the metal just being that strong and sharp, this has nothing to do with the character having enough force to thrust it through said character. This isn't your typical "gun bullet" inconsistency.
I am not saying that we should deny Wolverine this. I am just saying that he would logically need more than trillions of times greater force in his blows to harm such characters, even if the metal itself is harder than they are.

Oh yeah Wolvie stays his tier, his claws at least are consistently depicted FAR above every single High 6-C and honestly even 4-Bs in many regards.

It may be illogical and you can argue scaling should be wonk, but for Wolverine himself it should be fine.

We WILL probably make scaling to Thor and Surfer far stricter though, as there did exist characters we let onto 4-B because they have some tier 4 feats of their own, so stuff like holdbacc and said character's own feats will be HEAVILY used as a detractor for them scaling to 3-C.

Oh yeah Wolvie stays his tier, his claws at least are consistently depicted FAR above every single High 6-C and honestly even 4-Bs in many regards.

It may be illogical and you can argue scaling should be wonk, but for Wolverine himself it should be fine.
Yeah, I was explicitly stating this for his claws and no one else. Maybe anyone else of his kin that has adamantium claws as well.

We WILL probably make scaling to Thor and Surfer far stricter though, as there did exist characters we let onto 4-B because they have some tier 4 feats of their own, so stuff like holdbacc and said character's own feats will be HEAVILY used as a detractor for them scaling to 3-C.
I mean, doesn't the whole "holdbacc" thing already prevent the peeps from scaling to the 4-A/3-C bullshittery outright?

Also we need to find better feats for the "holdbacc" part. High 6-C just looks plain bad.

I mean, doesn't the whole "holdbacc" thing already prevent the peeps from scaling to the 4-A/3-C bullshittery outright?
...I think you should reread what I said
Also we need to find better feats for the "holdbacc" part. High 6-C just looks plain bad.
...I mean if you think the Thing can blow up planets for the funzies you're grossly mistaken lol, even the High 6-C is off of really damn strong ones, Carol and Mandarin.

One thing I wanted to tell you is that in Thor's feat at his peak where he shakes the stars he could also be shaking all the stars in the universe quietly, since in narrative terms this feat is superior to Jane Foster's, plus it was shown that Thor's thunder can be felt even in Warp Space and in the sky no stars are visible so he was shaking stars that were at a great distance.

The main thing that should be mentioned in the profiles I guess can be this:

It should be mentioned that they are casual or don't use their full power:
  • Thor survives the destruction of the black galaxy.
  • Thor casually breaks a celestial container that withstood the Black Galaxy's explosion from very close range.
  • Thor creates a universal storm
  • Thor (Jane Foster) shakes worlds half a universe away.
  • Silver Surfer creates a black hole.
  • Shaking the universe

Feats and mentions to back up 3-C:
  • Thor absorbs the energy of the Null bomb, which was to destroy the black galaxy.
  • Thor and Ulik survive an explosion that shatters Mjolnir/Storbreaker, which, as we've already seen, can contain energies like those of the Null Bomb or God Storm.
  • Beta Ray Bill resists an explosion that shatters Stormbraker.
  • Black Bolt defeated Sphinx, who claimed to be able to destroy a galaxy with thought.
  • It is said that in Silver Surfer's battle against Uni-Lord they destroyed galaxies.
  • It is mentioned that Uni-Lord is capable of devouring entire galaxies with a thought.
  • When Dr. Doom stole Silver Surfer's powers, he mentioned that this cosmic energy used in its entirety could destroy a galaxy (Silver Surfer was weakened before Dr. Doom stole his powers).
  • Silver Surfer passed through the heart of exploding galaxies and other cosmic conflagrations unscathed.
  • Suzanne Selby mentions that she will set the entire Shi'ar galaxy on fire.
  • Galactus moves a galaxy.
  • Galactus (Hungry) destroys multiple galaxies in his fight against Tyrant.

The main thing that should be mentioned in the profiles I guess can be this:

It should be mentioned that they are casual or don't use their full power:
  • Thor survives the destruction of the black galaxy.
  • Thor casually breaks a celestial container that withstood the Black Galaxy's explosion from very close range.
  • Thor creates a universal storm
  • Thor (Jane Foster) shakes worlds half a universe away.
  • Silver Surfer creates a black hole.
  • Shaking the universe

Feats and mentions to back up 3-C:
  • Thor absorbs the energy of the Null bomb, which was to destroy the black galaxy.
  • Thor and Ulik survive an explosion that shatters Mjolnir/Storbreaker, which, as we've already seen, can contain energies like those of the Null Bomb or God Storm.
  • Beta Ray Bill resists an explosion that shatters Stormbraker.
  • Black Bolt defeated Sphinx, who claimed to be able to destroy a galaxy with thought.
  • It is said that in Silver Surfer's battle against Uni-Lord they destroyed galaxies.
  • It is mentioned that Uni-Lord is capable of devouring entire galaxies with a thought.
  • When Dr. Doom stole Silver Surfer's powers, he mentioned that this cosmic energy used in its entirety could destroy a galaxy (Silver Surfer was weakened before Dr. Doom stole his powers).
  • Silver Surfer passed through the heart of exploding galaxies and other cosmic conflagrations unscathed.
  • Suzanne Selby mentions that she will set the entire Shi'ar galaxy on fire.
  • Galactus moves a galaxy.
  • Galactus (Hungry) destroys multiple galaxies in his fight against Tyrant.
Based

You could check the calculations, as an evaluation is necessary to be able to use them in the profiles.
The formula I have used in most of the calculations is this one here:

I would prefer we have At least 4-A, possibly 3-C until we get all our statistics in order.

If anything, we'll make adjustments once we do have all our numbers in order if all the admins here are in the current agreement.

You could check the calculations, as an evaluation is necessary to be able to use them in the profiles.
The formula I have used in most of the calculations is this one here:
A couple of the feats seem to be a bit out of my league, but I think I can tag some calc bois who can help.

@DontTalkDT @Executor_N0 @DMUA

I would prefer we have At least 4-A, possibly 3-C until we get all our statistics in order.

If anything, we'll make adjustments once we do have all our numbers in order if all the admins here are in the current agreement.
Why would it be a possibly if you have a Watcher saying SS and Uni-Lord destroyed galaxies, other characters with mentions that they can devour/destroy an entire galaxy with a thought, Doom saying that with SS's weakened power he can destroy a galaxy and SS himself claiming he survived galaxy explosions and other more powerful cosmic conflagrations. Then you have Thor resisting the Mjolnir explosion and casually smashing a container that withstood at least 10 ExaFoe without a scratch, Thor withstood a casual cut from a spear that was capable of cutting Mjolnir with no problems (although the blow that cut Mjolnir was much stronger)..

The best option would be to leave them at 3-C and then, when we find that the 5-B level is the most consistent, we will change it lmao

Why would it be a possibly if you have a Watcher saying SS and Uni-Lord destroyed galaxies, other characters with mentions that they can devour/destroy an entire galaxy with a thought, Doom saying that with SS's weakened power he can destroy a galaxy and SS himself claiming he survived galaxy explosions and other more powerful cosmic conflagrations. Then you have Thor resisting the Mjolnir explosion and casually smashing a container that withstood at least 10 ExaFoe without a scratch, Thor withstood a casual cut from a spear that was capable of cutting Mjolnir with no problems (although the blow that cut Mjolnir was much stronger)..

The best option would be to leave them at 3-C and then, when we find that the 5-B level is the most consistent, we will change it lmao
I'm simply saying that we should have a solid foundation for the upgrade, understanding all the contexts of the previous statements and feats.

I am personally fine with 3-C btw, but we need input from other knowledgeable members first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back