• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics - Cosmic King Thor: Up to Low 1-A Via Absorption

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a separate but slightly related note, the most recent issue of Thor shows him using Odinforce lightning to easily overpower an amped Meridius (a future version of King in Black Eddie Brock, who easily overpowered Knull). That might be worth adding as AP justification for his Odinforce key, especially since it represents him with a stronger version of it after Odin's death.

The current Thor page states that Odinforce Thor "should also have all powers and abilities of Odin", so I don't think the wiki just treats him as only having all of his normal powers at a higher level. Regardless, if we just want to say he only potentially has others, I don't mind that, though I still personally think "possibly" works.
Well, that has been blatantly disproven, so it preferably needs to be corrected.

On a separate but slightly related note, the most recent issue of Thor shows him using Odinforce lightning to easily overpower an amped Meridius (a future version of King in Black Eddie Brock, who easily overpowered Knull). That might be worth adding as AP justification for his Odinforce key, especially since it represents him with a stronger version of it after Odin's death.
I personally do not mind, but please clarify about Meridius overpowering Knull. Was it not just a mental image of him or somesuch?

I personally do not mind, but please clarify about Meridius overpowering Knull. Was it not just a mental image of him or somesuch?
As far as I'm aware, it was the original Eddie Brock that overpowered Knull when he originally became the new King in Black. Meridius is a future version of King in Black Eddie Brock and should scale. When Thor defeated him, Meridius was also armed with a copy of Mjolnir that scaled to the real thing.

Eddie Brock was enhanced by the Uni-Power (Captain Universe) at the time, and was also using Thor's hammer and the Silver Surfer's board merged into a sword for further extra power, when he killed Knull. Meridius would only scale to the power that Eddie Brock received from Knull afterwards.

Also, although Knull was only able to defeat Thor by striking him from behind when Thor was focused on something else, and Thor held his own fine before that happened, they still had comparable power levels.

Eddie Brock was enhanced by the Uni-Power (Captain Universe) at the time, and was also using Thor's hammer and the Silver Surfer's board merged into a sword for further extra power, when he killed Knull. Meridius would only scale to the power that Eddie Brock received from Knull afterwards.

Also, although Knull was only able to defeat Thor by striking him from behind when Thor was focused on something else, and Thor held his own fine before that happened, they still had comparable power levels.
That's true. I suppose we'll have to see what the base power level for a King in Black is.

I think that Thor just changed his outfit back to normal in your linked scans, not that he lost any power.

It seems speculative. He probably just automatically changed when he grew more powerful.

I think what it's trying to show is that Thor gave the power cosmic back to show to Bill he was free of Galactus' control, and then he took it back when he needed it, not that he was trying to take extra energy. The start of Thor #4 also says he gave up the Power Cosmic for that period of time.
I think he did explicitly give it back in order to be on more even footing with Bill

Hmm. It doesn't seem to make any sense for Thor to give a tactical advantage to Galactus in that manner, but if it was explicitly stated in the following issue, I suppose that it is probably fine to mention.

Hmm. It doesn't seem to make any sense for Thor to give a tactical advantage to Galactus in that manner, but if it was explicitly stated in the following issue, I suppose that it is probably fine to mention.
In this case it should be fine, since throughout the story Thor went out of his way to display to Galactus that he could give and take the Power Cosmic at any time. He also did to show to Bill that he was working with Galactus out of his own volition in order to defend Asgard and that he had full control of the situation (which he did)

Okay. It still doesn't particularly make sense that regular Odinforce Thor can just absorb the power of an amplified Galactus as he sees fit, but okay then.

Didn't we apply this change to herald of Galactus Thor earlier?

I don't think so, but would appreciate some verification help in that regard.

Okay. I will close this then.

Thank you to everybody who helped out here. 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back