• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics - Cosmic King Thor: Up to Low 1-A Via Absorption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I personally do not mind it, but it may set a bad precedent for the future.

It definitely will

Does this (and the Superman world forger feat) even fall under pointless power ups?

Like i am pretty sure getting amped so much to the point that you fight a MULTIVERSAL DESTROYER shouldn't be treated the same way as some random weird transformation that no one gives a **** about

It definitely will

Does this (and the Superman world forger feat) even fall under pointless power ups?

Like i am pretty sure getting amped so much to the point that you fight a MULTIVERSAL DESTROYER shouldn't be treated the same way as some random weird transformation that no one gives a **** about
That's my reasoning. This isn't a random storyline, but one in which the hierarchy of the universe was changed, a Multiverse eater was defeated, and Thor received one of his strongest amps ever

Well, the problem is that if we allow it, our members would use it as a precedent to allow extra keys for lots of brief power-ups for other characters that were used as plot conventions to defeat overpowered villains, and I would rather avoid that from happening.

Well, CKT did appear in Fortnite, a game with millions of players, and was pretty significant in his own run, killing a major character like Galactus. I think that's more than you can say for a lot of other character variants, even ones with over 15 appearances.
Yes, I agree, but if I allow this, many members will likely give me an extremely hard time by using it as a precedent to demand that I include lots of considerably more irrelevant power-ups that just appeared very briefly.

Yes, I agree, but if I allow this, many members will likely give me an extremely hard time by using it as a precedent to demand that I include lots of considerably more irrelevant power-ups that just appeared very briefly.
That is possible, but I think it's pretty understandable that some characters are important enough to be exceptions. Hell, Cosmic Armor Superman has more than a key, he has a whole page despite only being in 2 comics, yet I think it's widely understood he's just seen as important enough to have a page anyways.

Now that that's sorted out, can we get back to discussing what his justification should be? I'd propose something like this:
Multiverse level+ (Has the Power Cosmic on top of the Odinforce), up to Low 1-A with Power Absorption (Absorbed the power of Galactus when he was more powerful than ever, which would include Galactus as the Lifebringer, and used this power to defeat the Black Winter, who had destroyed the Sixth Multiverse)
However, I feel like some of the wording could be improved, and as mentioned before, I think it should be "Low 1-A with the God Blast and Power Absorption", though I didn't get much input on that.

Now that that's sorted out, can we get back to discussing what his justification should be? I'd propose something like this:

However, I feel like some of the wording could be improved, and as mentioned before, I think it should be "Low 1-A with the God Blast and Power Absorption", though I didn't get much input on that.
Maybe something along these lines but with links: "Multiverse level+ (Has the Power Cosmic on top of the Odinforce). Up to Low 1-A via Absorption and the Godblast (completely drained an amped Galactus who stated that he was stronger than ever before, which should include Lifebringer Galactus. Made the Black Winter, who destroyed the Sixth Multiverse, bleed with the Godblast, and later one-shotted it by sacrificing Galactus' power)

I will try to make a thread about OP powerups when i am free (never lmao) because i genuinely think these are a huge exception
I would much prefer if we do not make exceptions except for very extremely thematically significant events, and only occasionally for them as well.

Maybe something along these lines but with links: "Multiverse level+ (Has the Power Cosmic on top of the Odinforce). Up to Low 1-A via Absorption and the Godblast (completely drained an amplified Galactus who stated that he was stronger than ever before, which should include Lifebringer Galactus. Made the Black Winter, who destroyed the Sixth Multiverse, bleed with the Godblast, and later one-shotted it by sacrificing all of Galactus' power)
I made a few minor wording adjustments above, but think that it seems acceptable to apply now.

I dont know what would count as extremely thematic and significant
But, in my honest opinion, for example, i think an instance where superman becomes so powerful to the point that he one shots one of the creators of The Omniverse would be pretty significant and probably deserves a Tier

I dont know what would count as extremely thematic and significant
But, in my honest opinion, for example, i think an instance where superman becomes so powerful to the point that he one shots one of the creators of The Omniverse would be pretty significant and probably deserves a Tier
Not if it wasn't a very significant event for Superman's story and character development. Sometimes extreme power-ups happen in an offhanded manner and are never referenced again, for example.

Would anyone more knowledgeable on profile creation be available to make the changes?
I would also appreciate help with this.

The text that I modified above can probably be applied with a few embedded story references and preferably Imgur image-links,.

Maybe something along these lines but with links: "Multiverse level+ (Has the Power Cosmic on top of the Odinforce). Up to Low 1-A via Absorption and the Godblast (completely drained an amplified Galactus who stated that he was stronger than ever before, which should include Lifebringer Galactus. Made the Black Winter, who destroyed the Sixth Multiverse, bleed with the Godblast, and later one-shotted it by sacrificing all of Galactus' power)
This seems almost perfect imo, but I think it doesn't make it clear that he made him bleed before absorbing Galactus' power. Perhaps it could be phrased as "Made the Black Winter, who destroyed the Sixth Multiverse, bleed with the Godblast, and later one-shot it after absorbing Galactus' power, sacrificing it in the process". If not, I'm fine with what Ant suggested.

Thank you. That would be very appreciated.

I will unlock both Thor's page and that of TWSAIS.

Tell us here when you are done please.

Alright, I'm editing the Thor page right now. Really quickly though I have two questions, is speed MFTL+ or Immeasurable (scaling off of Lifebringer)? Secondly, should we make a tabber for his abilities in the P&A section?

Edit: Just finished the edit to TWSAIS.

Last edited:
Alright, I'm editing the Thor page right now. Really quickly though I have two questions, is speed MFTL+ or Immeasurable (scaling off of Lifebringer)? Secondly, should we make a tabber for his abilities in the P&A section?

Edit: Just finished the edit to TWSAIS.
Based on the events in the story, I would say MFTL+. But the way that speed is represented in entities that should logically transcend time (like the Black Winter) isn't very consistent, so I'm really not sure

Alright, I just gave it MFTL+ for being above standard Odinforce. If anyone has a different suggestion they can bring it up, but for now that seems safe since it's very agreeable. However, I'm still wondering if he should have a P&A tabber. I also didn't add a range for him on the page, though I suppose I could just put him at Multi+ off of scaling to Odinforce.

Alright, I just gave it MFTL+ for being above standard Odinforce. If anyone has a different suggestion they can bring it up, but for now that seems safe since it's very agreeable. However, I'm still wondering if he should have a P&A tabber. I also didn't add a range for him on the page, though I suppose I could just put him at Multi+ off of scaling to Odinforce.
For the most part scaling to the Odinforce should be fine. I think the only ability he has as Herald of Thunder that he doesn't normally have as Odinforce is a far higher degree of Absorption...well, actually, he should also have all of the abilities of every Herald of Galactus as well as anything that Galactus has demonstrated by using the PC in the past, so giving him his own P&A section makes sense

Alright, I'm fine with leaving it at MFTL+ then.
For his P&A, should it be something like "Displayed <insert abilities>, and has all of his previous powers as the All-Father. As a Herald of Galactus, he possibly/likely has the abilities as the Silver Surfer (or any other Herald), and possibly/likely has all of Galactus' powers after absorbing his power"? Of course the phrasing would have to be changed, but this is just a rough estimate of how it could be treated.

Alright, I'm fine with leaving it at MFTL+ then.
For his P&A, should it be something like "Displayed <insert abilities>, and has all of his previous powers as the All-Father. As a Herald of Galactus, he possibly/likely has the abilities as the Silver Surfer (or any other Herald), and possibly/likely has all of Galactus' powers after absorbing his power"? Of course the phrasing would have to be changed, but this is just a rough estimate of how it could be treated.
I think that makes sense

Just because Thor has absorbed power, this does not mean that he automatically has the skill to use it in as many ways as those he absorbed it from, as was demonstrated during Dan Jurgens' Thor run. So we should only list the powers that he has actually demonstrated.

Just because Thor has absorbed power, this does not mean that he automatically has the skill to use it in as many ways as those he absorbed it from, as was demonstrated during Dan Jurgens' Thor run. So we should only list the powers that he has actually demonstrated.
That's fair. How was that demonstrated by Jurgens again? I'm assuming Odinforce shenanigans

Yes. Thor was trying to resurrect a murdered child, as his father Odin had no problems doing in the past, even for billions of people, but returned it physically whole, but mindless or without a soul.

Him not having all of Galactus' abilities is fair, but I think that as a Herald of Galactus, he'd have the abilities of someone like Silver Surfer, or it would at least give a "possibly" rating.

Also, it's worth pointing out that in Jurgen's run, Thor was subconsciously turning away from the Odinforce, which would explain why he didn't have all of those powers.

The point is that it takes lots of training and skill to develop these abilities, which is why current Odinforce Thor is just using his regular powers at a greater scale than usual. As such, we can add "potentially many others" at the end of his powers and abilities section, but not anything further beyond what he has demonstrated.

The current Thor page states that Odinforce Thor "should also have all powers and abilities of Odin", so I don't think the wiki just treats him as only having all of his normal powers at a higher level. Regardless, if we just want to say he only potentially has others, I don't mind that, though I still personally think "possibly" works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back