• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario/Paper Mario/Bowser Jr Corruption Resistance

Hey there!

As I mentioned in the title, Mario has been shown to resist the black paint from color splash, this black paint in specific has took and corrupt bowser, during the near end of color splash Mario was covered in the black paint that took over Bowser. I'd like to get inputs on this and hopefully this is proof that Mario has a resistance to corruption. Here is the links below supporting the claim

Bowser getting corrupted by black paint:

Mario resisting the black paint shot from bowser:

EDIT: Thanks to FoxtheFox1000, I found what he referred to in bowsers fury where Mario also showed another corruption resistance feat

Mario resisting and being unaffected by of a spell of some sort that corrupted all the cats but Mario:

Last edited:
Should probably add the fact he also is completely fine during Bowser's Fury when Bowser passively corrupts the landscape and citizens of Lake Lapcat and lighthouses and bells afterwards (tons of things are actually fine though we should probably discuss that somewhere)

So far everyone, a toal of 7 (Including me lol) are fine/agreeing with this. I wanna ssume ten, maybe it's more.

Should probably add the fact he also is completely fine during Bowser's Fury when Bowser passively corrupts the landscape and citizens of Lake Lapcat and lighthouses and bells afterwards (tons of things are actually fine though we should probably discuss that somewhere)
Just did, and credited you for pointing that out. Thanks!

If you need 1 more Staff agreement,

I agree with FoxtheFox’s example.

The Black Paint from Paper Mario, I don’t agree, mostly unsure, since Bowser absorbs the Black Paint back from Mario. I dunno, but from the context, the Black Paint only corrupts while they are covered or have a connection with the paint like Bowser.

Last edited:
Epic. Have you looked at the CRT fro specifically Bowser's Fury abilities? I feel like that's a natural progression of this thread and we need more input as well.

This can be applied now

Firstly, thank you! But I have a question, how many votes favoring towards agreement is needed to be added to a profile?

This can be applied now

Firstly, thank you! But I have a question, how many votes favoring towards agreement is needed to be added to a profile?
Depends what the suggestions is, and who is agreeing. More controversial CRTs (e.g. large tier upgrades) will need more support than, say, simple ability additions. Votes from knowledgable/staff members tend to carry more weight too. There's no solid number for it.

Back