• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All of these apply to mario, however I will list other characters that it applies to because they are playable and can replicate the feats.
Resistance to:

Lava:
Can drop into lava and appear unharmed later. (Mario Kart DS)
Applies to: Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Daisy, Donkey Kong, Dry Bones, Toad, Toadette, Yoshi, Waluigi
Is shown smoking after being submerged in lava, taking minimal harm (Mario Kart Wii)
Applies to: Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Daisy, Donkey Kong, Dry Bones, Toad, Toadette, Yoshi, Waluigi, Rosalina, King Boo

Fire: Not that harmed from blue fire (Mario Party 7)
Applies to: Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Wario, Daisy, Waluigi, Toad, Toadette, Boo, Birdo, Dry Bones

Sound: Can stand near his Guitar Thing without getting badly damaged by a sound that can destroy speakers, albeit he has to cover his ears
Add Sound Manipulation to Optional Equipment for his Guitar Thing

Electricity: Can survive lightning attacks from the Shadow Queen which could vaporise an injured Grodus instantly

Abilities

Non-Physical Interaction
(Abstract): Lava Bubbles are the manifestation of the resentment of Bowser's troops. They are part of the ghost tribe, which lack physical form. Just saying that being spiritual doesn't mean you cant be abstract, as we can have abstract entities who have abstract souls. This is from Mario Encyclopedia
Mario can vaporise them in an instant with the White Racoon powerup (please tell me if destroying a large portion of an abstract being is considered conceptual manip)
Mario can possess Lava Bubbles with Cappy
Also, for anyone knowledgeable on Mario, tell me if Mario can interact with them without a powerup or in base. And tell me who else this applies to.

Base:

Addition to BFR: Any attack from Mario in Super Mario Bros. 35 can send enemies into another dimension. These other dimensions are stated to be parallel worlds
Range Upgrade: As shown in Super Mario Bros. 35, Mario can select any out of 35 different universe he can attack in. Upgrade it to Low Multiverse level range, or very high into Interdimensional.

Standard Equipment:

Enhanced BFR:
As any attack he can use can send enemies to another dimension, his invincibility allows him to BFR things that touch him, along with throwing fireballs at them.

Optional Equipment:

Sound Manipulation:
With various Thing cards (I posted a scan of the Guitar Thing above)

Acid Manipulation: The Lemon Thing can be used by Mario to squeeze acid into the eyes of his enemies, blinding them

Adhesive Manipulation: The Tape item can be used to tape enemies into the fabric of reality

Enhanced Toon Force: The Tape item can be used to tape enemies into the fabric of reality. Can staple opponents to the fabric of reality, paralysing them. Can do something similar with Thumbtacks.

Broadway Force: Mario can cause plates and even wooden logs to start dancing with him. The Disco Ball can force enemies to dance uncontrollably

Light manipulation: Flashlight is a Thing Mario can control which blinds the enemy with intense light for several turns

Absorption: Shown here with the Sponge

Last edited:
Here’s my thoughts on the feats being
Lava: most likely game mechanic disagree
Fire: doesnt look like a resistance ?
Sound: agree
Electricity: Maybe a Minor Resistance if anything, the lighting shadow queen used looked like it erased an enemy from existence so it could be minor existence erasure resistance but idk unsure on that part

Non Physical interaction: Is there any official translation available? And the source on where you got that image?
Adhesive: Agree
Reality Warping: unsure

Overall there is some things I agree with but most I am iffy on

Electricity: Maybe a Minor Resistance if anything, the lighting shadow queen used looked like it erased an enemy from existence so it could be minor existence erasure resistance but idk unsure on that part

Non Physical interaction: Is there any official translation available? And the source on where you got that image?

Can you elaborate? There's an actual cutscene of the camera man lifting you up and everything, so it should be canon

You don't need immunity to fire to be resistant. Especially since blue fire is massively hotter than normal fire

Electricity: Maybe a Minor Resistance if anything,

Its pretty strong electricity since it zapped Grodus to nothing

No official translation. A mario discord server showed it to me. Its from Great Mario Encyclopedia

I don't think we can count that as fire resistance. I mean, there's probably better examples of that in Mario anyways. But getting burned at all doesn't give you a resistance to fire.

I think maybe change it to Heat Resistance for Lightning as it dual functions as a burning hot plasma. While Shadow Queen uses magic lightning it still literally vaporized Grodus' body so it's clearly super hot. But I think for electricity manipulation specifically it should show Mario not getting shocked/harmed, which it doesn't. He can block it with a Superguard I think? But that's it.

Unsure about the Abstract Existence thing. Need to research that more.

And I don't think I agree with reality warping. It seems too vague. Maybe call it Toonforce?

For lava Bowser and Dry Bones should already resist it so it makes sense. But the rest of the cast? I'm unsure. Generally they're almost always heavily affected by lava and this seems to be a singular instance of it not being the case so I think I'll have to disagree.

The rest seem generally fine though

I don't think we can count that as fire resistance. I mean, there's probably better examples of that in Mario anyways. But getting burned at all doesn't give you a resistance to fire.

I think maybe change it to Heat Resistance for Lightning as it dual functions as a burning hot plasma. While Shadow Queen uses magic lightning it still literally vaporized Grodus' body so it's clearly super hot. But I think for electricity manipulation specifically it should show Mario not getting shocked/harmed, which it doesn't. He can block it with a Superguard I think? But that's it.

And I don't think I agree with reality warping. It seems too vague. Maybe call it Toonforce?

For lava Bowser and Dry Bones should already resist it so it makes sense. But the rest of the cast? I'm unsure. Generally they're almost always heavily affected by lava and this seems to be a singular instance of it not being the case so I think I'll have to disagree.

Blue fire is hotter than regular fire. Surviving fire that strong means you can tank regular fire. Same applies to electricity which literally obliterated Grodus. The Japanese version of the game does not allow you to superguard any of her attacks. He can superguard lightning here

What about it is hard to understand

Technically anything is reality warping, so who cares. I'll add it as superior toon force

But the rest of the cast? I'm unsure. Generally they're almost always heavily affected by lava and this seems to be a singular instance of it not being the case so I think I'll have to disagree.

There could just be stronger lava than usual

I think Fox and ZespeonGalaxy make sense, also, I think some of those should be worded as "Sound Generation, Acid Generation, and Light Generation" as opposed to "Manipulation" though having those abilities linked to said words is fine.

Optional Equipment seems fine.

Lava and Fire resistance are a no, at least not for that. I also don't think Mario should get Resistance to sound from his own attack.

Electricity is probably fine, for a better proof Mario can no-sell Luigi's Thunderhand in Superstar Saga. Mario also resists a bunch of stuff when Superguarding.

Potaboos aren't abstracts... "manifestation of resentment" is probably just flowery language or the sadly deleted type 3 abstract existence. Other games make it pretty clear that their bodies are made out of fire/lava. And no, destroying an abstract isn't concept manipulation unless the concept itself is affected.

I don't get how the SMB2J scan relates to SMB 35. And it's not BFR, or duplication for that matter, the original enemy doesn't get sent but rather a "ghost" of them or something.

Thank you for the replies. What Gyro and Medeus both accepted can probably be applied then, but not what was rejected by any of them.

Potaboos aren't abstracts... "manifestation of resentment" is probably just flowery language or the sadly deleted type 3 abstract existence. Other games make it pretty clear that their bodies are made out of fire/lava. And no, destroying an abstract isn't concept manipulation unless the concept itself is affected.
In that case, shouldn't get get resistance to lava because he can touch those kind of beings???

I think Fox and ZespeonGalaxy make sense, also, I think some of those should be worded as "Sound Generation, Acid Generation, and Light Generation" as opposed to "Manipulation" though having those abilities linked to said words is fine.
ty, next time you can just refer to me as Zes, or Zespeon. (Calling me by my full tag is fine though but just to let you know)

Last edited:
Optional Equipment seems fine.

Lava and Fire resistance are a no, at least not for that. I also don't think Mario should get Resistance to sound from his own attack.

Electricity is probably fine, for a better proof Mario can no-sell Luigi's Thunderhand in Superstar Saga. Mario also resists a bunch of stuff when Superguarding.

I don't get how the SMB2J scan relates to SMB 35. And it's not BFR, or duplication for that matter, the original enemy doesn't get sent but rather a "ghost" of them or something.

Do you have a scan of this?

In that case, shouldn't get get resistance to lava because he can touch those kind of beings???

Can you tell me what you think of Mario's added BFR Justification and low multiversal/ interdimensional range?

Once the Mario profile is unlocked, I'll also add scans and references for the abilities already on there (like ice storm and superguard)

Last edited:
I have applied the changes, but I'm also adding reference tags for a lot of other abilities there, so don't close it yet

Okay. No problem. Thank you for helping out.

I am finished and this thread can now be closed. Its up to you if you want to lock Mario's profile because there are multiple revisions going on right now

Good thing this thread took only 1 day to finish, wish more Mario threads were more simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back