• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quick fix to Antasma's profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghengiroo115

She/Her
So I edited Antasma's profile to fix an issue I noticed as I figured it would just be fixing a mistake, but I was informed I should still make a CRT for it so I reverted the changes and made this thread.

The change in question is pretty simple, and that's to change Antasma's Dream World key from 6-C to 2-B. He's involved in three fights against Mario while he's empowered by Dreamy Luigi (which is also noted on his profile), yet he's only scaling to base Mario for some reason.

To further support this, there's also a Pi'illo Master that states Antasma was once a normal bat that became as evil and powerful as he is now by consuming the nightmares of Pi'illos. To be honest making this a CRT is probably a good idea regardless since it means this could potentially get added to his profile.

I think that's everything I needed to say.

Agree: Accelerated_Evolution, Reiner04, DarkDragonMedeus, JJSliderman, JTGamer96, StretchSebe, y3p_owo, Zawierj, Maverick_Zero_X, LordGriffin1000

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
I disagree. That key should instead be either 2-C or low 2-C due to the (unknown) number of dreams absorbed, ranging from where he started to how much power he's gained over time.

The specific form that matched Zeekeeper was Giant (Dreamy) Luigi, a fusion of many Dreamy Luigi, whereas it just takes one Dreamy Luigi aid for the boss battle fight with Antasma in the Dream World to match his might in that realm.

I disagree. That key should instead be either 2-C or low 2-C due to the (unknown) number of dreams absorbed.

The specific form that matched Zeekeeper was Giant (Dreamy) Luigi, a fusion of many Dreamy Luigi, whereas it just takes one Dreamy Luigi aid for the boss battle fight with Antasma in the Dream World to match his might.
The current profiles have base Dreamy Luigi at 2-B. I’m honestly not sure why (maybe someone else can elaborate), but since that’s what the profile says I based this thread on that. If there isn’t a real reason for base Dreamy Luigi being 2-B, then I agree that Low 2-C or 2-C should be where base Dreamy Luigi and Antasma are placed.

The wording on the profile references that transformation in that overall key, so to my understanding its not scaling 2-B wholly that to the base form of Dreamy Luigi in the profile proper: "Able to beat the Zeekeeper, who defeated a Dark Stone-empowered Antasma, alongside Mario as Giant Luigi"

Also it sort of breaks scaling if Antasma has become as powerful as a fully charged dream/dark stone and yet covets it to gain greater power.

By all means, please use a better example.

The wording on the profile references that transformation in that overall key, so to my understanding its not scaling 2-B wholly that to the base form of Dreamy Luigi in the profile proper: "Able to beat the Zeekeeper, who defeated a Dark Stone-empowered Antasma, alongside Mario as Giant Luigi"

Also it sort of breaks scaling if Antasma has become as powerful as a fully charged dream/dark stone and yet covets it to gain greater power.

By all means, please use a better example.
Mario’s “Empowered by Dreamy Luigi” key is at 2-B despite also only referencing the Zeekeeper fight, so I think for some reason the wiki considers base Dreamy Luigi on the same tier. I agree it doesn’t make any sense at all (unless there’s further context not referenced in the profiles for some reason), but I don’t really care for how the wiki handles the Marioverse and am only here to fix Antasma.

Mario’s “Empowered by Dreamy Luigi” key is at 2-B despite also only referencing the Zeekeeper fight, so I think for some reason the wiki considers base Dreamy Luigi on the same tier. I agree it doesn’t make any sense at all (unless there’s further context not referenced in the profiles for some reason), but I don’t really care for how the wiki handles the Marioverse and am only here to fix Antasma.

Seeing where that edit came from, nothing here in the conclusion nor the thread starter justifies why Base Dreamy Luigi would be relative to his Giant Dreamy Luigi state.
Like one of the things that makes Giant Dreamy Luigi is a merge of hundreds of Dreamy Luigis (cannot bother to count so eyeballing for each cutscene), so maybe its a deal like with tier 2 cannot be divided by multipliers is the reasoning they had? Still don't really like how that works out.

Sorry for the late response, had a lot of complications this past week so I couldn’t do much.

How many staff votes do we need? It’s 3 right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back