• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Discussion Thread Part 3

Imaginym said:
ABoogieYesSir said:
Koopa as Dry Bones, He should have:
Matter Manipulation (Subatomic; Particular), Statistics Amplification, Can become a spring to enhance jump, Vampire Physiology, Electricity Manipulation, Can turn into a rolling ball like Sonic, Air Manipulation, Shapeshifting, Gold Coin Creation, Duplication, Stone Mimicry, Invulnerability and Fire Aura w/ Candy's. (Dry Bones is the only one in possession of the Candy's)
Where are all these from? I'm presuming mostly from MP8's Candies, but what are the non-candy abilities' sources?
Re-asking because still curious.

Imaginym said:
Imaginym said:
ABoogieYesSir said:
Koopa as Dry Bones, He should have:
Matter Manipulation (Subatomic; Particular), Statistics Amplification, Can become a spring to enhance jump, Vampire Physiology, Electricity Manipulation, Can turn into a rolling ball like Sonic, Air Manipulation, Shapeshifting, Gold Coin Creation, Duplication, Stone Mimicry, Invulnerability and Fire Aura w/ Candy's. (Dry Bones is the only one in possession of the Candy's)
Where are all these from? I'm presuming mostly from MP8's Candies, but what are the non-candy abilities' sources?
Re-asking because still curious.
Their actually legit if you click on the main article for each candy: https://www.mariowiki.com/Candy_(Mario_Party_8)

But what abilities you aren't sure of?

Matter Manipulation (Subatomic; Particular) mostly. Also, why would Dry Bones be the only one to have the candies?

Hm. If we do acknowledge the Player's existence and create a profile, wouldn't transcending Mario and Huey already being able to transcend their own 3D space and being above transdimensional scissors who can cut beyond the boundaries of time and space which extend throughout a multiverse make the Player 5-D? I'm just curious.

Does transcending by default mean a higher dimensional existence? And is there a quote of "The Player" transcending Mario and Huey?

I mean Huey says they can use an ability that can allow them to transcend dimensions, like referring to theur 3D dimension they're curently in unless we REALLY want to take the full connotations of "transcending dimensions" and get Tier 1 Hax for Mario and Huey.

The Player being an entity that exists throughout the Mario games would logically imply they exist in Color Splash too, and have statements in SPM, another PM game, that they exist in another dimension. It can only be inferred that we the Player are part of a higher dimension than that of Mario amd Huey then.

"What's this One Button, you say? You need not worry. The great being that watches us will know what it is." However, during Garson's story "Stylish Moves," he states that Mario can perform one by shaking the Wii Remote; when Mario asks what the remote is, Garson replies, "What? What's a Wii Remote? ...Don't worry. As long as the player gets it, we're fine," outright stating the existence of the player instead of alluding to them.

Bold is stated by Bestovious, a knolwedgeable person on dimensions and how to manipulate them, and the Player being seen as a Great Being by him would imply we exist on a higher dimension, and as CS shows, there may exist 4-D space in PM

Hell, Tier 2 is about effecting 4-D constructs so the Player being seen as a Great Being in a verse that's already got a 4-D infrastructure plus supporting 4-D shit via Color Splash would further solidify this

I posted a few links before. Don't feel like getting them again. But the Mario Wiki has a whole page dedicated to the 4th Wall situations. I'd suggest going through that since it's where I found most of the sources

Imaginym said:
Matter Manipulation (Subatomic; Particular) mostly. Also, why would Dry Bones be the only one to have the candies?
He's not the only character in the entire Mario series that can wield the Candies.

Maybe the reason why only Dry Bones is the only one to have candies out of all Koopa's is because in the Mario Party series, he was seemingly the only version of Koopa that can roll the dice and use the candies.

I think the Player might be 5D. Since he transcends Mario's world (since it's been stated thaat they're someone from behind the TV as stated in TTYD), but they would also transcend the dimension Huey goes to in Color Splash.

So then how would we interpret Mario characters being able to play their own games? IIRC Bowser Jr.'s favorite game was stated to be Mario Party 8. This would imply they can exist in the real world and play their own games and IIRC it's been supported like Mario and Luigi via trailers being able to build the worlds in Mario Maker which is supported by his glove being the cursor. But would they keep their stats in the real world or would they share similar abilities to The Player?

The shy bandit seemingly can use toon force to drain paint on a large scale. Also Mario can summon the shy bandit and the koopalings with cards.

Not exactly what I meant, the shy bandit travels on the world map, fights you on the world map and drains paint from the level normally draining all colorless spots back to being colorless if not stopped. I think that's toon force.

Oh I'm sorry I didn't know being able to summon somethings let you summon anything. Oh wait no it does not work like that. I just want to contribute to this site but everything I said has been pushed under the rug for example you already told me Mario has summoning. Yes Mario has summons whoop-de-doo. Sorry about the rant but I'm saying Mario can summon the koopalings which I don't see on his profile. And while the shy bandit not seem like a big deal but they should scale to Mario as the are a mid-boss and well the fact they a singular character who unlike almost every other boss in the game fights you more than once saying you chased him off. He has can inflict the blind status, summon buzzy Beetles and hammer bros and drain paint on a large scale with toon force compared to normal slurp guys as well as all their abilities.

(Woah, someone finally calls me Blaze)

The summoning of enemies I included via the my blog. You'll be able to see what I've currently added. I recommend you take a look.

I'm still curious on Tick Tock Clock and Tiny Huge Island or whatever. If Bowser created these worlds with the Power Stars, then wouldn't the fact that their physics completely change depending on where you enter them be some kind of ability? We also see that Tiny Huge is connected as if simultaneously existing in separate but connected points due to amy actions done to the level carrying over to when the level changes size (possibly via parallel dimensions which would support the potential 2-C rating I brought up before). And as for Tick Tock time will completely halt, move faster, or slow down depending on where and when you enter. Are these any noteworthy abilities we can glean from this?

Could potentially be time manipulation and time stop. There's also a potential resurrection feat. When fighting King Bob-Omb again, he states that he wants a rematch and that Bowser has givrn him a new Power Star. (Suck it, Dat.)

DatOneWeeb said:
Could potentially be time manipulation and time stop. There's also a potential resurrection feat. When fighting King Bob-Omb again, he states that he wants a rematch and that Bowser has givrn him a new Power Star. (Suck it, Dat.)
Wouldn't Mario being able to move in Tick Tock Clock while Time is stopped be a supporting feat for Time Stop Resistance in base? (Since some characters are apparently getting that resistance thanks to Timless Void shenanigans)

I mean bosses Mario defeats in Galaxy also come back for Daredevil Runs with Power Stars even if they previously had a Grand Star so I can see it. And time manip fits with the Speedy and Fast-Foe Comets (with "Comets" generally being referred to as shooting stars and the icon for Prankster Comets are just a Power Star with a comet tail behind them).

Though tbh King Bob-Omb has repeatedly blown himself to shrapnel and came back so he could just have Immortality Type 4 or Mid-High regen in general.

I still think Prankster Comets are worth checking out for their abilities. I'm almost positive via their icons and how linked they are that Power Stars simply are the Comets themselves. This is supported by the fact that the "Comet" will still linger in Galaxy 2's Green Prankster Comets until only after you've collected every Green Power Star as well as the fact the actual scene for the Green Prankster Comets appearing in levels showed Green Stars flying down. Then there's their icon being a literal Power Star with a comet tail

Back