• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unoriginal Memes said:
Quite a lot of Mario feats can be interpreted as gags. And it's hard to take you seriously with my previous encounters with you.
1. Give me a solid example. MarioVerse has very few gags. 2. What do my encounters with you have to do with this thread? Also if you are bringing up my "character" in other debates that'd be an ad hominem fallacy. So don't even start to derail the thread with that nonsense.

So if all goes accordingly to the so called downgrade I'm guessing Mario is back to a measly Massively Hypersonic to sub relativistic speed with FTL to (Somewhat) MFTL reaction/combat speed ranks?... Welp...

Though I'm fairly certain the Mario cast still have some notable attributes in speed I think FTL (NOT MFTL as apparently we are being led to believe.)... If they get downgrade to subsonic I'm kind of done.

Unoriginal Memes said:
And as for your first point, I guess we'll have to downgrade every Kingdom Hearts and Looney Tunes character.
I have no idea the context to either of these. Feats should be primarily judged within the context of themselves, not just "other verse does this tho"

I really don't think Lumas amplify Mario's speed. Them granting him powers doesn't explain it at all and the only speed-related thing they do is allow him to use Launch Stars. I stand towards Kevyn's stance on Mario's speed.

Not subsonic, that's downplay, he will probaly be relativistic in combat, at best be will be MFTL in reactions

Unoriginal Memes said:
Raphael was physically amped by Kamek, Bowser's servant. Kamek also used that same magic to amplify Baby Bowser's power and various other enemies.
This doesn't make it less of an outlier though, especially for Yoshi who is not amped. Being powerful enough to amp people from tier 6ish to 4 with no other showings pretty sus.

(whoops double comment)

Theuser789 said:
Not subsonic, that's downplay, he will probaly be relativistic
Good I wasn't too keen in the downgrading for Mario however at some parts it's almost convincing that he might not be MFTL, however there OTHER games with evidence above relativistic.

Unoriginal Memes said:
Yoshi beats all of them. Baby Bowser also literally stomped Kamek.
But what about the whole "The star busting feat with Raphael was a freaking gag! Nuff said!" Type of predicament? Is there other evidenced Star level feats other then this one? I mean they are part of the seven star children destined for greatness who supposdly carry unimaginable power but this doesn't do much now would it?

False equivalency, looney tunes is literally full of gags and kingdom hearts Zeus actually have feats of moving stars Lmao

Actually back up a bit, sure this is part of the Looney Tunes Toon Force though they have always functioned on Cartoon physics. However lately with Super Bugs now that you mentioned it while looking back on Bugs's Super man feats he might actually solo ALL of KH this time around despite the given 3-A stats.

But let's not derail.

I will also copypaste Theuser789's arguments.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
I myself find Mario being MFTL+ in particular to be questionable. A friend of mine posted reasons on Discord against MFTL+ Mario, so I'll leave them here as I do think they should be addressed.

"Anyways now I will post my opinion why I believe that Mario's MFTL feats aren't valid. The first one about the launch stars is kinda easy to explain, the launch stars simply launch( heh) Mario through a predetermined path, Mario actualy doesn't react to anything there, it's kinda pilloting a spaceship on autopilot, the calc kinda adresses this by saying that Mario can collect starbits so he can react at those speeds he's launched, but that isn't true, you can't move Mario while being launched by a launch star, you do collect starbits via pointing the wii remote at your screen, and when you point at a starbit it flies towards Mario, Mario doesn't react to it but simply the player does, making the starbit fly towards him.

The second one is a little harder, but the main problem is that the feat happens off-screen. We don't know if the Starship was flying at top speed when it was hit by Bowser, especialy since Bowser never does it again, there's also the fact that the Starship before Mario was diferent then when it became Starship Mario, there's no proof that the Starship before could fly at those speeds, since the Starship only did that feat after Mario changed that ship with the power stars, which we don't know how many Lubba had beforehand, also the fact that Bowser never fires at the ship again kinda proves that he couldn't hit it after Mario changed it. There's finally the fact that the Starship was flying in Word 1, and as seen in the world map Starship Mario flys at the same speed in the world map in gameplay, and if we consider the background as thruth in World 5 then we need to consider the background of World 1 as well, which is just the sky of Earth, meaning that it couldn't be fying at MFTL speeds in the atmosphere, meaning that when Bowser hit it it couldn't be fying at top speeds. Td.lr, the calc makes to many assumptions for a off-screen that Bowser never does it again, there's many variables that don't make the Starship be fying at the same speeds that it was fying through World 5 when it was hit by Bowser, there's also the problens brought in the latest comment of the calc as well

1 So Mario doesn't scales to the lauch stars speed. But anyways that was just my opinion

Also about the Antasma thing, it's true that Antasma has a attack that can drag Dreamy Luigi out, but Luigi will always return to Mario in a few turns, even if he's eatten, and Mario's attacks barely harm Antasma and you can't even dodge some attacks without Dreamy Luigi, so Mario doesn't scale to him"
Theuser789 said:
Well, since someone posted my arguments I will post my counter arguments here:

1) That's still not enough necessary to combat at those speeds, you wouldn't say that a pilot can react at the same speeds than his airplane, and he has to do more than what Mario does in a launch star, also not every launch star is in the trillion of c, that one in Good Egg Galaxy isn't for example, and that doesn't change the fact that the star bits fly towards Mario

2)Not really, nothing implies that the ship was fying at full speed when: it wasn't even Starship Mario yet, it was on World 1 which is the Earth's atmosphere and Bowser never does so again, also it's a off-screen feat, literaly anything could have happened, scaling most of the verse over a calc that needs assumptions because it's off-screen is really not that good

King Boo and Antasma supposedly reality warped realms with stars (which scales to their striking power and durability because reasons). [1] Dreamy Luigi also manipulated a constellation.

Assuming the speed downgrade goes through here are a bunch of other feats to work with.

The Dreamy Luigi one probaly can't scale to the regular cast, though the rest can, which will probaly place them at relativistic

Maverick Zero X said:
King Boo and Antasma supposedly reality warped realms with stars (which scales to their striking power and durability because reasons). [1] Dreamy Luigi also manipulated a constellation.

Assuming the speed downgrade goes through here are a bunch of other feats to work with.
There we go but supposdly? Nice Profile pic btw.

Isn't that just travel speed? Nothing implies that the star can fight nor react at those speeds, also it might be a outlier

Whatched the intro and Mario doesn't even react to the star, also didn't they fight a fake one? Not the real?

Because the gap between massive hypersonic-Sub Relativistic and quadrillion Times The Speed Of Light is obviously crazy and it only has one scan of it and is not consistent with his other feats.

He struggles moving out of a Black Hole in Party (the event has no proof of happening in the regular timeline like sports/carts)

And that's just to start.

Not only is it only once but it's inconsistent with the other feats he has that he struggles with.

And even if we played devils advocate then it would only be travel speed worthy.

Lmao 😂.

The power star feats aren't relevant here though, because I am totally fine with a tier 4 to 3 key off power stars. This is for them being relegated to their own key.

High 5-A doesn't seem as extreme, are there other feats in tier 5 for non star characters? (Also peach's castle can't be fought by regular bowser)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back