• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do not quote large sections of text. Imagine, please behave better. "lmao" and such isn't really necessary. Also, everyone, enough with sonic. This is Mario. Different verse.

@Imagine Yeah what he did was a bit of back step, but it's best to not even pay attention to that at this point.

Power Star feats scaling to Base characters seems iffy tbh. I'm neutral on Base Mario's Tier, but MFTL needs to go.

My main issue with the High 5-A is that Peach Castle is one of those giant only bosses, and those instakill regular bowser so scaling the crew to them under regular circumstances doesn't seem like the best idea.

Only Giant Bowser should scale since Mario and Luigi need to boost Bowser while inside his body, though low-5-B via scaling to Wario is alright without power stars

Aren't all the MFTL feats in games that would just have them at tiers 4 and 3?

And there are 3 Tier 4 feats. Mario can beat Bowser who can create entire realms with things such as a Sun, can fight with Antasma who could hold his own against Dreamy Luigi who can manipulate constellations, and via scaling to Yoshi who turned Raphael the Raven into a constellation.

• Bowser is covered by power stars key which doesn't change
  • Scaling base forms to dreamy luigi doesn't seem great
  • Yoshi thing seems outlierish and unreliable for reasons I've already mentioned, also baby bowser stomping kamek and Yoshi beating him unamped only hurts your own point
3 feats across like, 50 games is still not that many anyways.

Super Mario 64. That should actually be legit, but that's a power star game

Unoriginal Memes said:
Also, just another thing, Mario can dodge lasers in multiple games, which would give him either Relativistic or FTL speeds.
Yeah that but other opponents here do say other wise, I guess I'm okay with relativistic+ or FTL at the very least if there is no MFTL evidence.

Unoriginal Memes said:
Also, just another thing, Mario can dodge lasers in multiple games, which would give him either Relativistic or FTL speeds.
This just needs to be calced. I've seen laser dodges anywhere from high end MHS+ to the jojo one that's MFTL. Could go relativistic as an assumption, seems fairly supported by other feats

@Unoriginal Memes About Antasma, you should respond to this argument by Theuser789.

"Also about the Antasma thing, it's true that Antasma has a attack that can drag Dreamy Luigi out, but Luigi will always return to Mario in a few turns, even if he's eatten, and Mario's attacks barely harm Antasma and you can't even dodge some attacks without Dreamy Luigi, so Mario doesn't scale to him"

Even if Mario can barely harm him, he can still scale albeit less. For example, (please don't remove this; I am just making a simple comparison) Frisk is rated as the same as Omega Flowey, despite barely being able to harm him.

Only in durability they scale I think, though they really shouldn't imo. They should just scale to Asriel only with full determination

Unoriginal Memes said:
Even if Mario can barely harm him, he can still scale albeit less. For example, (please don't remove this; I am just making a simple comparison) Frisk is rated as the same as Omega Flowey, despite barely being able to harm him.
I've heard that we weren't supposed to scale like this though. It's different in tier 2 because of the gap of infinity to the next tier, but I know that we don't accept scratch damage for comics and stuff.

The problem with this downgrade is that it's too heavily realiant on the fact Mario was able to recieve powers from the Luma and passed it off as the only reason he was able to perform thoses feats, as well as, overlooking the other reasons for the speed.

Mario have travelled and survived space mutiple times before and after the two Galaxy titles. Yes, there are moments where he couldn't, particularly in Super Paper Mario, but this is merely case of continuity error and game mechanics.

The scaling also came from being able to fight and reaction to Giant Bowser, who travelled into the center of the universe, as well as, him and Bowser Jr's vehicles, particularly the Koopa Clown Cars, which have shown to travel to the sun and a nearby galaxy in a few seconds via Mario Party 8 and 10 respectively.

Finally, mutiple keys is out of the question. Period. I don't know why mutiple people, especially one from a particular group, is trying so hard to advocate for this. Lacking a canon doesn't mean a continuity does not exists. And please don't say "Mario isn't Tier 4 in every game." Not only that's a fallicous argument, expecting it in every or mutiple instalment, but this would be applied to mutiple characters because last I checked, Dante and many of the Castlevania cast don't have a Universal feat in every game they have been either.

I rather not have a long argument over this since I have too many things to worry about in RL.

https://youtu.be/KaDeHszGWow

Eh not really sure not confirmed if he created it but he does float there in front of it while it sucks in the planets and he's seemingly unaffected by it (if that counts for anything).

He does disappear after falling into it but only after the rest of the cast blasts the crap out of him.

Not every instalment, just more than 4 games. I don't see the issue there if tier 4 stuff consistently is in games with the stars and not without them. Dante has a clearly defined continuity, more than one universal enemy, and that also took forever to get to the tier it's at.

Also, we already have multiple keys for them. This means we acknowledge that the stars are responsible for a power boost, hence base tiers not having 3-C. I do not think High 4-C base is that consistent when the power stars are taken out.

Didn't Giant Bowser flew to the center of the universe in his spaceship? Not by himself? Also when does Mario even outrace the Koopa Clow cars? And does that even scales to their combats speeds?

I don't know anything about Mario party games just putting that out there

@unoriginal I don't think that laser fits thr Laser/Light Beam Dodging Feats standards. Rel seems fine bsed on the other stuff but these laser standards are still a thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back