• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Rewritten for clarity)

This thread proposes to:
  1. Give all fodder enemies the rating "Varies between 8-C to 6-C," as some of them do actually contend with the main, 6-C cast.
  2. Give Captain Goomba the 6-C tier, for being able to battle the likes of the Koopalings.
  3. Give all fodder enemies Accelerated Development, with the following justification: "(Leveling; Physical Statistics; Comparable to Captain Goomba and Private Goomp, who quickly went from regular Goombas to being able to defeat Koopalings with their troops)"

Last edited:
There is the Paper Goomba Wheel (paper creatures are portrayed as comparable to their counterparts) in the beginning of Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam that knocks out Mario and Luigi, there are the Brawl Attacks in Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story that use minions and deal damage comparable to Bowser, and there is the battle in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions with one 6-C captain and several regular enemies winning against all seven Koopalings (heck, both this game and Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey are made entirely of troops of regular enemies putting up fights against troops containing 6-C characters like the Captains, the Koopalings, and Bowser Jr.).

Last edited:
I'd agree with the upgrade in the same way described by others already: With the more notable of bosses and mini-bosses for the most part.

Well, you've all talked about the boss-level enemies, but what are your opinions about upgrading the regular enemy profiles as I was proposing?

• Megahammer and Megaleg are defeated with bullet bills,
  • Roy uses bullet bills in his new super Mario bros U boss fight,
  • Monty moles in sunshine and Monty tank use them in their boss fights,
  • Mecha bowser uses bullet bills in Sunshine and power tennis,
  • Waluigi and Wario are hurt by a bullet bill in super sluggers and power tennis,
  • Bowser junior uses bullet bills in sunshine during the final fight,
  • Bowser junior uses them in super mario maker and new super Mario bros.,
  • Kamella and kingfin are defeated with green shells,
  • They are used in bro attacks and one of bowsers special attacks Mario and Luigi games.
  • A chain chomp breaks open a cage for Mario in 64,
  • A chain chomp capture is required to get the first moon in Odyssey,
  • Iggy has a chain chomp in his New Super Mario Bros. Wii and New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Paper Jam fight,
  • A Chain chomp knocks over RoboBowser,
  • Serve as Private Goomp’s primary method of attack in dream team,
  • Are used in one of Bowser’s special attacks in Bowser’s inside story,
  • A wheel made of nine paper goombas one shot Mario and Luigi in paper jam,
  • Shiny RoboBowser’s fight has goombas attack Mario during a chase sequence,
  • A group of Goombas capture Toad in Super Mario RPG.
  • One of Bowser’s special attacks in Bowser’s inside story involves a group of them,
  • A fly guy holds Toadette captive in paper jam,
  • Fly guys appear when RoboBowser chases the brothers,
  • Bowser junior uses 3 shy guy airtubs in a captain command
  • Sunnyside summons boos in its fight,
  • Paper boos can kidnap Paper Mario,
  • Boolossus is a fusion of 15/16 boos depending on the game,
  • Big boos are sometimes bosses
  • In Game & Watch Gallery 4 a Big boo uses a normal boo as a boxing glove in a fight with Luigi,

Assorted enemies:
  • Army hammer bro summons several to fight alongside him
  • A fuzzy stole Kooper’s shell,
  • A sherm is required to defeat Mechawiggler and destroy the rotating defense mechanism,
  • Mollusque-Lanceur requires a gushen to defeat him,
  • A pokio is required in first RoboBrood fight
  • Bowser uses mechakoopas in his Super Mario World fight,
  • A group of Chargin’ Chucks are a boss in paper jam,
  • Bowser uses magickoopa in a special attack in Bowser’s inside story,
  • Normal enemies carry the papercraft you fight in paper jam

I don't have a strong opinion on the overall thread but I definitely agree that Bob-Ombs scale to the main cast (with their explosions) now that they'd be no longer 3-C off it, which would be very silly

I mean Mario’s main method of attacking is falling on people which would realistic end up with 9-C results, but the funny wahoo man doesn’t care.

Bob-Ombs do have some feats that reach Town level, and it's often inconsistent as some Bob-Ombs survive their own explosions while others vanish after one detonation. I can understand some variants being 6-C via suicide attacks. Though keep in mind, we often try to avoid downscaling if their is an entire battalion attacking the party. At best, there could be keys that give scaling via large groups.

I mean assuming you looked at my examples you would see I didn’t even use Mario party, if mostly because I don’t want to but it has a lot of examples of individual minions being comparable to the cast or the cast being threatened by minions. In my examples the idea of minions being inferior to the main cast remains mostly true. The feats are from them assisting more comparable opponents or acting in numbers this makes the idea of them being 33658272000x weaker rather odd.

I'm fine with Accelerated Development for fodder in Bowser's Minions and Bowser Jr.'s Journey but I'm a bit iffy on that alone getting them to "Varies from 8-C to 6-C". I've been planning my own CRT to get a few select fodder to vary from 8-C to 6-C and I think Bowser's Minions and Bowser Jr.'s Journey stuff is good support for it but I think it by itself isn't the best evidence for fodder scaling to 6-C.

I think a varies rating might work, disregarding the special cases we have the groups of nameless minions that Bowser uses for special attacks in BIS that can help him against opponents comparable to himself (Something similar groups of those minions in the 2D platformers would not be helpful with since they get stomped and one shot by anyone noteworthy)

The SMRPG remake points towards this as well, I'll post the scan later (Unless someone beats me to it) but the bestiary makes note of the Goombas in that game being stronger than the ones that get beaten in a single stomp to the head.

if there's canon acknowledgement that they vary in power, then there's an argument.

Here it is, bestiary mentions most Goombas are weak enough that a single stomp to the head does them in but makes a distinction between them and ones in this game which, while still not particularly strong, have harder heads that allow they can actually attack with. Wouldn't say that the average RPG Goomba is 6-C or anything since they're still pretty weak, but it does show even minions without special ranks can be notably stronger than other members of their species.

Yeah, I Goombas are still considered enemies that even level 1 party members consider easy, but SMRPG mentions Goombas being a bit stronger than average goombas yes.

I mean I am pretty sure that was meta humor referring to how goombas survive more than one hit but there is also terrapins who are weaker than goombas and Jagger a terrapin that trained to be a boss in the fifth world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back