• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, we could give Paper Mario a key for every single game, since he only starts scaling to Mainline Mario after the sticker game
Yeah, actually. When the split was made there was a bit of an agreement that he could have keys, we just sort of agreed that should be dealt with in a different thread

Also, 3 cosmic feats?
I beg to differ
Just out of those at the top of my head
-Raphael the Raven
-SM64 world creation
-King Boo dimension creation
-Black Jewel
-Bowser turning Yoshi's world into a pop up book
-Mr. L dimension

All of those were rejected in the past

-Dreamy Luigi
doesn't scale to base cast
-The Stapler in Origami King eating the sun
I didn't even bring up any universal feats here
That was also rejected in the past

I know its a minor thing but I would like to note that it was the Hole Puncher that took out the sun not the Stapler.

Actually, we could give Paper Mario a key for every single game, since he only starts scaling to Mainline Mario after the sticker game
Eh, i mean, there are a loot of games, preferebly only games where the feats are noteworthy higher than before, 10+ keys don't sound visually appealing imo

Eh, i mean, there are a loot of games, preferebly only games where the feats are noteworthy higher than before, 10+ keys don't sound visually appealing imo
Pretty sure we're supposed to list Power-Ups in the same key, since I think they're supposed to be for different points in time and such

Let's stay on topic and leave the paper mario thing for another time.

One point I want to make here: The sum of many bad feats is not a single good feat.

How, though? He gets kicked, blinks into space then turns into a cartoon star. Like I'm not trying to act like a smartass, I genuinely struggle to understand what the reasoning for it being legitimate could possibly be.

Personally the Raphael feat being accepted as any indication of power is very silly to me.

I’m sorry for the whataboutism but, this exact same type of feat is accepted for Eustace from Courage, turning into stars.

It is enough votes but first off we gotta wait 48 hours, and secondly I do wanna try to hear the community out a little bit first, I understand it's impossible for everyone to be happy with the downgrade but I don't want people to think I'm just rushing to apply it without caring for what people think.

I’m sorry for the whataboutism but, this exact same type of feat is accepted for Eustace from Courage, turning into stars.
Lots of bad feats get accepted. I'm not familiar with that one, but the fact that a feat is accepted somewhere on the site is really just not helpful for determining whether this feat should be accepted.

Him affecting the entirety of the realm was rejected too.

It's been a while so I don't specifically remember the reasons though I did agree with them, but there's several non-combatants in the final boss battle that remain unharmed, so it's pretty unlikely that's an AP feat to begin with. It just takes a lot of assumptions to be a feat to begin with.

It's been a while so I don't specifically remember the reasons though I did agree with them, but there's several non-combatants in the final boss battle that remain unharmed, so it's pretty unlikely that's an AP feat to begin with. It just takes a lot of assumptions to be a feat to begin with.
Seems like kind of weak reasoning.

That seems like great reasoning to me. If several non-combatants remain unharmed, then in all likelihood the nature of what happened simply doesn't pertain to AP or durability.

Seems like kind of weak reasoning.
I mean like, I'm literally just guessing what the reasons were based off 1.5 year old memories, if you go and dig up the thread I'm sure they'll make more sense.

I'm fine with waiting for them if it's not more than a few days.

Iirc the Black Jewel thing was first of all a lack of UES, which means there was no way to scale the creation hax to its attacks, then the place just vanished upon its death with Wario and a bunch of other characters being safely transported back to reality.

doesn't scale to base cast
Also, how exactly does the main cast not scale to Dreamy Luigi?

Mario fights alongside him and can even empower GIANT Dreamy Luigi’s attacks and a number of enemies can withstand Dreamy Luigi attacks, including Bowser, Kamek, Wiggler, Bowser Jr, the Elite Trio, and regular enemies. Hell, Kamek amplified Bowser to match GIANT Dreamy Luigi

Also, how exactly does the main cast not scale to Dreamy Luigi?

Mario fights alongside him and can even empower GIANT Dreamy Luigi’s attacks and a number of enemies can withstand Dreamy Luigi attacks, including Bowser, Kamek, Wiggler, Bowser Jr, the Elite Trio, and regular enemies. Hell, Kamek amplified Bowser to match GIANT Dreamy Luigi
See the profile and you will know the answer

Anyway, we probably shouldn't talk abouy that here since it has little rp do with the thread

I look away for five seconds. Alright, let me just look at these anti-feats real quick one-by-one.

Mario Party:
Ultimately the Mario cast still survives all this, and the main reason they get hurt is either Game Mechanics so that the minigame can happen or for the sake of comedy. Mario Party is an event that the entire cast agrees to do and is completely fine with, it would make no sense if they were actually in any mortal danger or constantly were receiving immense amounts of pain; not to mention in the various story modes characters rarely seem to be hurt after a minigame even if it's somehow painful. As for the examples given...

Bowser is barely affected by this explosion, Attack Potency =/= Destructive Capability, and again Bowser barely flinches in the face of these bombs I'd hardly call this an anti-feat just because his video game health bar went down. The sign here was something they did not see coming and they didn't brace themselves for it which means that ultimately the sign just had to overpower their weight and it otherwise left them briefly stunned and unharmed, Wario is only briefly stunned by this explosion and is ultimately unharmed despite losing coins, and Banzai Bills are weapons specifically made by Bowser and his minions to combat Mario it only makes sense they could harm him. And in this instance, again, because Peach had no footing this means that the meteor would only need to overpower her weight, which due to her being in space was zero. So yeah, these are pretty weak anti-feats, and I seriously doubt the ones that weren't listed are much better.

Bowser and Lava:
Bowser and Falling:
Other:
This is a total of 5 valid anti-feats from 3 different games.

Needless to say, I disagree with the AP nerf.

Wow. Did not expect Smashor of all people. To disagree. Really appreciate it. Not done with my counterargument. However, I do wanna add

This one from LM2 is arguably one of the worst arguments for an anti feat. Luigi falls, ok? His HP doesn't go down a single digit, and even if you arent convinced his facial expression doesn't show much. You telling me people saw this and assumed anti feat? Like. Are you serious and that quick to skim?

“Mallow states the bomb is a threat”

Ok yeah, he does, and when the bomb explodes! Anti feat dewd! However. If you watch for more than 10 seconds. The trio are not even phased, again comparable to rubberhose tnt explosions on ones face.

I look away for five seconds. Alright, let me just look at these anti-feats real quick one-by-one.

Mario Party:
Ultimately the Mario cast still survives all this, and the main reason they get hurt is either Game Mechanics so that the minigame can happen or for the sake of comedy. Mario Party is an event that the entire cast agrees to do and is completely fine with, it would make no sense if they were actually in any mortal danger or constantly were receiving immense amounts of pain; not to mention in the various story modes characters rarely seem to be hurt after a minigame even if it's somehow painful. As for the examples given...

Bowser is barely affected by this explosion, Attack Potency =/= Destructive Capability, and again Bowser barely flinches in the face of these bombs I'd hardly call this an anti-feat just because his video game health bar went down. The sign here was something they did not see coming and they didn't brace themselves for it which means that ultimately the sign just had to overpower their weight and it otherwise left them briefly stunned and unharmed, Wario is only briefly stunned by this explosion and is ultimately unharmed despite losing coins, and Banzai Bills are weapons specifically made by Bowser and his minions to combat Mario it only makes sense they could harm him. And in this instance, again, because Peach had no footing this means that the meteor would only need to overpower her weight, which due to her being in space was zero. So yeah, these are pretty weak anti-feats, and I seriously doubt the ones that weren't listed are much better.

Bowser and Lava:
Bowser and Falling:
Other:

Bro cooked, agree with smashor

I should say this as an overall thing for my agreement

I heavily dislike using just one or two feats in a ballpark to scale a character unless there's just a complete absence of feats, considering there are 2 valid Tier 4 feats and 1 valid tier 3 feat, we run into that personal problem of mine.

Using Warcraft as my example, Tier 7 is the most consistent Tier, so I throw the general cast into the highest feat I got for that that scales generally, I'm not scaling everyone to, say, 6-C from a weakened Ragnaros. That's one Tier 6 feat compared to the literal dozens of Tier 7 feats, so I don't scale like that.

Using the Mario Bros verse page, there's 4 calced feats between tiers 5-3, so like, why would I use those over, say, Tier 7 or 6?

Mario Party:

Bowser and Lava:
Bowser and Falling:
Other:

Thanks for explaining why 6-C isn't an outlier :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back