• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 1: The Unknown Statistics

I have sat back on the "Unknown" status of many of the Medaka Box statistics with the assumption that it was not merely for show. It has recently come to my attention that there is a major lack of concensus on what level the abilities actually work on, and that there must be some note that the abilities such as All Fiction and Book Maker should have "Unknow, Atleast Low 2-C" as apposed to just "Unknown."

Here is my case for the "Atleast Low 2-C status." We know that:

1) Either multiple universes or dimensions exist within Medaka Box. See Ajimu's skill list and Medaka's adventures

2) All Fiction can erase all of existence

3) Ajimu exists a step above the rest of Medaka Box (expcet Hanten)

4) Book Maker and All Fiction can work on Ajimu even without her consent

Due to this, All Fiction and Book Maker work on Atleast a 4D scale

Part 2: The Hero

I believe "The Hero" should be listed on Medaka and Iihiko's profiles, and should be listed under abilities. Even if the basis for it is essentially plot armor, I think it has enough grounding and properties to atleast warrent a mention on the profiles. For those who do not know about Medaka Box, I'll fill you in. After rereading the series and analysing it multiple time throw, I have written a brief Analysis of "The Hero."

"The Hero" from Medaka Box. It is both the meta "ability," or perhaps it would be better to describe it as a status, of plot armor but also an actual power with actual properties. In essence, if all beings are bound to the whims of the plot and fate, then The Hero is the "status," to always have the whims flow in your favor. Even Plot manipulation will not stop it, only flat out nullification of all plot and fate based powers will.
The Hero is not a binary status. Characters can have lesser versions. Characters such as Medaka or Iihiko have an absolute status as The Hero, and Zenkichi would as well but Devil Style stops its proper functioning. Kamome Tsurubami has a lesser version of The Hero; he has a "Dark Hero" status. He is closer to being the main character, but does not have absolute plot armor. Just like other Edge Lord Heroes, he can lose on the grand scale from time to time (Think of characters like Guts). Kumagawa also has some level of The Hero, but it is unknown exactly how his version works and may even force him to lose. [Here is an album of all my scans to cite my sources.]

Part 3: Comparable To Itself

This was brought up once before by Jordanbairdcreaturemaster97, but it did not get the attention it deserved so I will bring up his original points again here. I will bring up his same general points and summerize them but change some of the minor things that got agreed on.

In almost every fight in Medaka Box, the combatants are comparable and can physically match eachother in hand to hand combat with very few exceptions (End God Mode Medaka and Iihiko are some of the few rare cases). everyone can trade blows in DC and Durability and the only implications of superiority loop back in on themselved (e.g. supposedly Akune is superior to Medaka, who is superior to Oudo, who is superior to Koga, who is superior to Akune)

Hax, intellect, and techniques, are what decide fights, not raw stats. Thus all characters (unless something obviously points to an exception) are physically comparable. What rare destructive feats there are should plug right into the scaling chain, since usually no fight is won through raw stats.

You can look at his examples of what feats would plug into this chain and which should be exempt in the original discussion. Addressing these are not my intention for this section

Part 4: The Good Loser

Some Kumagawa ability additions:

Kumagawa can spawn his Screws directly inside people to bypass durability, this should be listed under his DC as such

Kumagawa's time erasure should be listed as Psuedo Time Stop along with Psuedo Teleportation, since he is erasing time

I would like to list Kumagawa erasing the concept of color under his feats. Conceptual Manipulation should be added under his abilities. Unlike most Anime and Manga, the events of the Good Loser Kumagawa anime episode are canon

Kumagawa resists Telepathy and Mental abilities

Part 5: The Non-Humans

Some things that should be added to Hanten and Ajimu's profiles

Ajimu should have transduality as one of her abilities, and Hanten should have it listed as a possible ability on his profile. A case for transduality (you can ignore the things regarding other stuff on that post)

Hanten should have Time Stop, Photon Manipulation, and Space Displacement listed under potential abilities. Since Ajimu mentioned they were abilities he could create

This picture of Hanten's first appearence in front view should be added to a gallery on his profile
Hanten from the front

Part 6: Changing Public Image

Many of the Images for profiles should be changed for the profiles, and new tabs should be added for several of the characters. This is less important but I felt it should be addressed

Medaka: We should add new tabs for her at increments through the series. First off, her main image should be this one and not that god awful picture of her in her summer uniform. A tab should also be added for her design in the Jet Black Wedding/Unknown Shiranui arc since her design is different enough that I think it is warrented

We should look for color images to replace the black and white profile pictures we have for a few of the character, especially the ones ripped straight from the Manga

Ok this was quite a long revision post, so thanks for reading it. Thought? Opinions? Critisism?

I'm against the Concept M.

Theres no "the concept of colors", just "erasing colors"

But, I don't know about the Transduslity.

SchroKatze said:
I'm against the Concept M.

Theres no "the concept of colors", just "erasing colors"

But, I don't know about the Transduslity.
Erasing colors would be erasing a property of the universe, so to erase them would be to erase the concept. Like erasing gravity

There are ideas behind everything but erasing something doesn't mean the idea's ceased to exist.

I don't know anything about Medaka Box though.

But the guy who I forget his name and Kumagawa's betch even remember the "concept" of colors.

It looks like he erased the very electromagnetic spectrum, not the concept itself.

Conceptual erasure wouldn't result in memory loss by necessity, look at the fate series for examples of conceptual erasure that doesn't result in memory loss. And this isn't just the properties of light, this is the very way people perceive the universe, since Kumagawa said they could no longer tell the chalk from the blackboard

I'm in agreement with everything, especially on the behalf of Kumgawa getting Conceptual Manipulation added to his profile. It been brought up many times by multiple people over the years on Vsbattle especially seeing how it follows The Causality Manipulation page even states further evidence.

OVXdgmd
Proof that All Fiction is Causality Based.

The user can also instantly erase anything from existence, by making it's existence the cause of it's own nonexistence.

~ Causality Manipulation

Monarch Laciel and PaChi2 spoke about this heavily back on a previous Verus thread that were either closed or removed.

Oh, Iapitus The Impaler I believe this is one of the scans were maybe looking for in regard to Part 2: The Hero. Main Character status

Part 1: I guess, i'm okay with these.

Part 2: It does make sense.

Part 3: Not really sure what to say here.

Part 4: I'm totally fine with this.

Part 5: Not sure about the transduality thing of Ajimu.

Part 6: The only problem here is: for example the image that you linked, good luck trying to find a rendered image AND with good quality. Color images are extremely rare for this series, i would rather make a render of some manga pictures, you can probably find colored images of the main cast and mayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyybe 1 or 2 of secondary characters, unlikely for the rest.

KamiYasha said:
Part 3: Do you need to to clarify anything or is it just a weird case?

Part 5: is there anything you see particularly wrong with it or just a sketchy case?

Part 6: I may need to go dive and try to find some. I'll post any good replacement images I can find. So you know how to make renders and colored images? If you can make some that would be much appreciated. Perhaps I can request some folks on Deviant Art to make some

1) I suppose that this seems to make sense.

2) We do not have a power called "The Hero", and you are likely thinking of "The theory of narrative causality". The closest thing we have is our Plot-Induced Stupidity page treated as an actual superpower.

3) Several characters seem to be physically comparable, yes, but that does not mean that we can assume that all of them automatically are without any proof.

4) Durability negation and conceptual manipulation seem fine, as does resistance to telepathy. Time stop and teleportation seem more questionable.

5) You need to summarise why they should have transduality, but from what I understand it is an extremely advanced ability, usually reserved for characters unfathomably beyond their scale of raw power. According to some members only 1-A characters should qualify.

6) I do not mind improving the header images, but we usually prefer full character body shots with the backgrounds removed.

@Common

It is specifically the ability to have stories automatically turn out fine due to being the main character, treated as an actual superhuman power. Plot manipulation is a more conscious effort, and can be used in a more versatile manner.

2) "The Hero" is the term that the characters in Medaka Box use to describe characters such as Medaka, Iihiko, and Zenkichi. I was not referencing any given page on this wiki. I was more pushing for a passive plot manipulation and fate manipulation, if it were to be a specific page on this wiki. I think it would be better if I made a plog post explaining "The Hero" and simply link that as an explanation under powers and abilities.

I should also like to add that we should place a Rule for Medaka that The Hero should be disabled for her VS fights unless Either other plot manipulation powers are at play or her opponent has a way to counter it, as we have done with certain types of immortality

3) I was more pitching a General Rule for the verse where the obvious exceptions are left out, because as it stands, more of ther verse is part of this 'chain of comparability then not.' With the exception of minor standard deviation up and down:

Medaka who is comparable to Kumagawa who is comparable to Zenkichi who is comparable to his mom who is comparable to Emukae who is comparable to Kumagawa who is comparable to Shiranui who is comparable to Medaka who is comparable to Hinokage who is comparable to Kumagawa who is comparable to Gagamaru (He was able to harm Kumagawa even without hax, we don't know his durability due to his defensive hax obviously) who is comparable to Shibuki who is comparable to Naze who is comparable to Whatever that style user she fought on the plane was who is comparable to the other style users who are comparable to Medaka and Kumagawa and Zenkichi and I can do more. Really at this point if a character has engaged in combat with any of the characters I listed above and didn't one shot or get one shot then they are physically comparable

4) Teleportation is what is already listed on the page and was accepted some time ago, psuedo teleportation and psuedo time stop are just ways of trying to describe what is essentially an instantaneous movement speed blitz button for Kumagawa

5) I'm not sure what else you want me to say but I can reword my case if you want. TLT is transdualistic and is only High 1-B. Ajimu is obviously a metafictional parody of which the wiki has explicitly decided not to draw a conclusion on her tier, so really this may have just been another way for the author to hype her up even more

Antvasima said:
@Common
It is specifically the ability to have stories automatically turn out fine due to being the main character, treated as an actual superhuman power. Plot manipulation is a more conscious effort, and can be used in a more versatile manner.

well we do have cases like Beyond, which this would be a similar case to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back