• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2) Well, linking to blogs in the powers and abilities section is considered inappropriate, but I suppose that a brief explanation of her automatic plot manipulation might be acceptable.

3) I suppose that seems mostly reasonable.

4) I do not remember this ability though.

5) I would appreciate a summary written here regarding why she and Hanten are transdual.

I heavily disagree with Transduality. That would imply she should be 1-A. Transduality involves transcending all binary concepts, and this would indeed cover dimensional/dimensionless. It also doesn't say she transcends duality, it implies that she doesn't believe in duality and believes that everything is just ink on a page as fiction to her. It doesn't imply that she is above this ink on a page, nor does it imply she transcends fiction. If proof of those things exist, it might be good to show them.

I agree with everything else.

doesnt she basically write the final episode of season 2 and is seen in an editing room with medaka box art/mangas etc with a tv playing medaka box behind her?

https://imgur.com/a/PRVAc

she also knows how many volumes the manga has and calls other people manga characters

not sure if you just consider that 4th wall feats or if it would fall under writing an episode of your own anime or appearing outside of your own anime/manga

I agree with most of the points here, as well as "The Hero" being listed as passive Plot Manipulation (banned in matches). The transduality does seem more like hype to me, but an overall at least 2-C tier for hax seems reasonable considering how several skills are explicitly affecting multiple universes.

Antvasima said:
2) Well, linking to blogs in the powers and abilities section is considered inappropriate, but I suppose that a brief explanation of her automatic plot manipulation might be acceptable.
3) I suppose that seems mostly reasonable.

4) I do not remember this ability though.

5) I would appreciate a summary written here regarding why she and Hanten are transdual.
2) So is that a yes?

4) During his fight with the president's goons at his previous school, she states that he is erasing time. Its easy pretty eay to miss. This is likely the author's excuse for how Kumagawa seemingly instantly turns situations like this into this instantly. You know all those moments when Kumagawa rushes in and 'blitzes' a crap ton of enemies? Or how he teleports past and screws the best of the style users before she had time to react, and how he got behind Medaka without a single person noticing despite his awful presense. Those are all examples of him using this power, but the how he did this was only explained once

5) Alright, here it goes:

Her transdualistic status builds off of an already known fact about Ajimu, she essentially sees everything around her as all the same with no distinctio between them: they are all fiction; nothing more than ink on a page; no different from the back grounds they lay o. This establishes a possible reality fiction difference already (the anime drives this home more), which is impressive, but if you look a bit deeper then you find something interesting. Remember Ajimu's mini speech where she rambles off a bunch of dualistic principles and says that she doesn't see a difference between them? Well she mentions her inability to distinguish between dualistic concepts again later, and she explicitly says that such dualistic concepts are also nothing more than "all the same ink on a paper," and if you remember before "no distinction from the background." Very Dosist

Thus, to conclude, from Ajimu's persepctive: Light and Dark, Good and Evil, Poison and Antidote, Winning and Losing, Strength and Weakness, Black and White, Success and Failure, Happiness and Sorrow Punishments and Rewards, Insults and Praise To her its is all ink on a page, No different from the background they lay on.

Have I made a strong enough case for her transdualisty? Oh and Hanten is comparable to her, so I figured he should just have a 'possible transduality' on his page

You're forgetting that she is also part of the fiction and ink. It doesn't matter if duality is fiction and ink to her if she is also part of said fiction and ink, because that just means she is dual, herself. Unless she transcends the fiction, the ink, the page, all these concepts she's seeing as one and the same, she isn't Transdual. I think making changes to an episode she's within would be too vague to warrant something so great that it makes her 1-A. This would also mean Medaka's Plot Induced Stupidity Inducement could reach that high. There needs to be solid proof of transcendence to said earlier mentioned things.

2) It is a yes for a brief explanation in the P&A section, with an embedded link to plot manipulation.

4) Okay. That should be fine then.

5) This is far too speculative, and is more a case of personal attitude and philosophical perspective that everything has turned meaningless due to her eternal life. This is not acceptable, sorry.

On that point, I feel like giving Ajimu an Unknown, at least 2-C rating would probably be the best course of action, and perhaps we could add possible transduality under Powers and Abilities with a disclaimer of some sort.

No, we do not have sufficient proof for transduality.

On point 3, I think that we should probably either assume all characters are in the same tier discounting hax (which currently seems to be 8-B), or list their physical tier as Unknown.

@MCS

No, sorry, but transduality is rejected.

Yes, sorry. I am very tired. Anyway, I do not think that we have any conclusive proof for Najimi's exact tier, beyond that it is at least Low 2-C.

Antvasima said:
Yes, sorry. I am very tired. Anyway, I do not think that we have any conclusive proof for Najimi's exact tier, beyond that it is at least Low 2-C.
I think the wording should be adjusted to something more imposing because just calling her tier 2C would be a downplay

maybe include the wording "likely much higher"

it wouldnt make sense to just put everybody in tier 2C when she was hyped to be the strongest of the group and the entire manga people constantly react to her like they are impressed

https://imgur.com/a/nm9Dc

kumagawa in one frame even makes a statement about "all those shonen jump characters pale in comparison"

she had to wait for the creation of the universe itself with nothing to do and is above time and space

https://i.imgur.com/Ok0KQMM.jpg

she also has 3 know forms of time travel and 1 ability for history manipulation

she also can be anywhere she wants whenever she wants and even has an ability to cross dimensions

She has been sealed by Kumagawa and easily destroyed by Iihiko. She is nowhere near a limitless tier 0.

This thread is starting to get annoying and unreasonable.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
That would imply she should be 1-A
who said you had to be 1-A to be trasdualistic? LEM (from what I am told by The One True I/O debater) contests that, and if you want a hard counter to that then the Ancient interpretations of Laozi (I know we are tredding on thin Ice here with the wiki's policies but its easier then me going and digging up scans of an TLT being described as transdualistic) in Daoist cosmology

On a side note, we aren't allowed to set a specific tier for Ajimu, but I do have her at Outerversal. So don't actually have any issues with this

Again, transduality has been rejected, and all of the exaggerated sidetrack speculation is turning this thread tiresome and annoying to deal with.

Most of the other initial suggestions have been accepted though, and can probably be applied.

I will start to delete all insane sidetrack derailment at this point. I am very tired. Just get this revision over with.

She actually implies she does not see herself as a part of it, and part of her sitting above the manga partially backs this up. She states that she feels no reality from the dualistic concepts, the people around her, nor the ink on the page which would imply that she atleast regards herself as real. She doesn't regard herself as part of the episode, but that she created it to fill time (apart from herself). Actually, the things she regards as mear fiction include styles that surpass dimensions. Thus she would be superior to them, and thus 1-A. I don't have an issue with "The Hero" reaching that high, due to the metaphyctional deconstruction of the trope

No, Transduality can't be achieved in any tier lower than 1-A. Transduality requires transcending all concepts, which includes the concept of dimensions. The Living Tribunal probably does have Transdual quotes. He also has 1-A quotes. It's been discussed that these quotes are inconsistent to his portrayal and should be kept at High 1-B. As for LEM, I don't know much about I/O(my name is a memetic reference to their power, I'm not actually an expert to the series xD), but if LEM is genuinely transdual, LEM should be 1-A unless there is a big contradiction keeping her at High 1-B, and then that would mean the transdual statements aren't properly backed up.

Nonetheless, I agree with everything else, and I'll stop derailing here.

@Iapitus

This discussion has been very tiresome to deal with on top of my regular extensive tasks.

Again, Ajimu possessing 4th wall awareness in combination with a general sense of detachment, boredom, and absolute superiority, is not remotely solid proof for transduality or 1-A stature.

I would appreciate if you permanently drop this subject, and focus on strictly applying the changes that have been accepted, as I would greatly prefer to close this thread at this point.

Ok, all caught up.

So transduality is rejected, that's fine. You win some you lose some. I will probably be revisiting this at another time, but that is for another day. Everything else seems to have been accepted tho, so we can go about implementing those changes

Definitely gonna be going after the assumption that only 1-As can be transdualistic once this is done and I get another chance

Also, please stop quoting long posts. It turns the thread considerably harder to read.

I would much prefer if you do not revisit this subject at a later point. One time was more than enough for me.

Okay. Thank you for being reasonable.

If you need any pages temporarily unlocked, you can write a list of the exact page titles here, so I can handle it with my automated script.

I'll go about revising pages in the morning, its 3 AM here and I need sleep. That ok?

Also, when I edit the Medaka and Iihiko pages, when I give the brief description of "The Hero" in the P&A may I add a note at the bottum of the page to a longer, more indepth explanation? Like what was done with GER's ability. I feel like this would be a good way to avoid confusion in the future

Also The Hero is also Fate manipulation on top of Plot manipulation so I'll link both, if that is alright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back