• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Preferably do not call it "the hero", just automatic plot manipulation that ensures eventual victory. Fate manipulation is most likely inappropriate and overcomplicating the issue.

Her ability is that the author is on her side/"the theory of narrative causality", which is entirely covered by plot manipulation, or plot-induced stupidity.

Well, I suppose that we can make an exception, and link to it instead.

I suppose that "At least 2-C" seems appropriate for Kumagawa and Najimi, yes. Sorry for misremembering.

I have done so. Tell me here when you are done.

Should I leave Ajimu as just unknown? or put her at "Unknown, Atleast 2-C, Likely Far Higher"

I feel like leaving her and Hanten at Unknown, and we have that rule that says we should leave them at an Unknown tier

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Should I leave Ajimu as just unknown? or put her at "Unknown, Atleast 2-C, Likely Far Higher"
I feel like leaving her and Hanten at Unknown, and we have that rule that says we should leave them at an Unknown tier
definitely needs the likely far higher if you decide to call her a 2C

simply putting 2C is far too underwhelming and we have already seen what people think of medaka box characters when they have an unknown tag (asssume it is a useless tag with no additional power then look @ the stated tier)

Antvasima said:
I have done so. Tell me here when you are done.
With the excpetion of the Image changes and the questions about the tier edits I just mentioned I have finsished implementing changes, you can close all but the Hanten and Ajimu threads for now

Some of the other members and I need to collect all the images before those are implemented, so they can be re-openned later

I feel like the description for the 2-C stats doesnt makes sense, since sealing somebody =/= AP, It would be better like (Can destroy all of reality, wich contains multiple Universes), likely higher (Was stated by Ajimu that Higher Dimensions exist in reality, but due to the series' way of portrait Ajimu's statements is unknown If It can be taken seriously.)

Wuta420 said:
simply putting 2C is far too underwhelming and we have already seen what people think of medaka box characters when they have an unknown tag (asssume it is a useless tag with no additional power then look @ the stated tier)
Yeah that's what I thought too, I decided to not change the tier of those 2 until I get imput of Ant

Why is Misogi listed as 2-C with book maker?

All Fiction I can understand, but why is Book Maker of all things 2-C?

I have unlocked the new profiles, but not locked the old ones yet, as they may need to be modified further given the above discussion.

I agree that Kumagawa should preferably be "At least 2-C" with All Fiction, as Bookmaker is a hard to quantify hax.

I am uncertain about whether Najimi should be "Unknown" or "At least 2-C, likely far higher", but we can modify the rule if necessary.

I would prefer Ajimu actually remains Unknown in this case since it really makes her seem lower then she most likely is

I'll change the Atleast 2-C thing to just be via All Fiction

Please remember to put spaces between at and least.

I just noticed that there's a lot of grammar and formating problems on the pages...

Okay. I will unlock them. Tell me here when you are done.

I would like to add something to this, Ajimu actually has an ability to create a Universe under her "BOSS" ability spam.

Udlmaster said:
I would like to add something to this, Ajimu actually has an ability to create a Universe under her "BOSS" ability spam.
Which would also imply that EoS Medaka can via copying her ability, and possibly Hanten.

Note for Lapitus when Medaka profile is opened again. I believe its necessary there be an edit on her weakness. I noticed one of the weakness is out of place on her profile concerning "The End".

If you noticed underneath "All Fiction" description you see this "And a portion of Ajimu's quadrillion skills, of which she has demonstrated one hundred Trample Skills. However, The End does have its limits; Medaka cannot learn skills that exceed her physical limits, and she is unable to stop herself from learning an Abnormality when she experiences it. She is also unable to learn styles." <-- The part describing Medaka's ability weakness should be taken out and sent up to the weakness spot on her page.

So, the final draft under "All Fiction" description should be Abnormality Note: a portion of Ajimu's quadrillion skills, of which she has demonstrated one hundred Trample Skills.

The final draft for the weakness spot can say Medaka is naive and overly trusting. She is unable to copy powers that are word-based/literary styles. Medaka's Abnormality known as The End cannot copy raw strength of an individuals body in order to exceed her own physical limitations. (For example, if she's not strong enough to lift a box, and someone walks by who is strong enough to lift a box, she couldn't just copy their strength by watching them lift the box. The exception to this, of course, is if they are using an ability or skill that boosts their physical capabilities.) Also, Medaka' 'is unable to stop herself from learning an Abnormality when she experiences it.

I will be on the lookout for more render images for every character that doesn't have one yet.

Why is everyone getting 2-C? Isn't All-Fiction Causality and Concept Manipilation based and not destructive? Isn't Kumagawa well known for being a consumate liar and an unreliable source? Aren't cosmic-tier upgrades based on statements alone frowned upon?

Why are we taking the whole quadrillion skills gag seriously?

Also apologize if this sounds rude, but about 75% of this thread is people not understanding what Transduality is and wanting to make Aijimu, a character with 0 quantifiable feats other than busting a star, and who is explictely a gag character who is beaten because of the plot literally, to High 1-B or 1-A.

This puts heavy doubts on the whole rest of the upgrades.

I see that a lot of people are being very incapable of properly interpreting the series and taking things meant as jokes or meta-commentary or gags as literal.

The Hero is not a real ability, and as the OP describes it it is being treaten as a "I beat everyone because I'm the protagonist" NLF bullshit. Which doesn't fly in this wiki.

I am actually shocked that people are trying to scale people to Ajimu, a character that has no power level and is just a giant meta-joke, ignoring that the whole reason people affect her and she loses is "They are the heroes and she is the villain" and treating them as actual feats.

Medaka Box is simply not suited for Vs Debates due to the fact that it is not a self-contained story but rather a giant joke about manga and shounen action tropes and cliches.

In other words: Do you have proof that All-Fiction is 2-C other than Kumagawa's word? If not, all the upgrades need to be reverted. Look up Occam's Razor and Carl Sagan's statement about evidence.

Well, I think that Kumagawa was not the one who stated that All-Fiction can reduce all of reality to nothingness, and he did erase the actual concept of colour, so that seemed to back it up, but I suppose that you have a point.

Okay. Well, this is an extreme over-the-top metafiction manga, so I suppose that we took the statements literally, which may have been inappropriate.

Regardless, as far as I understand, the theory of narrative causality working to ensure victory for the protagonists is constantly treated as a real tangible force within this series.

I mean, yeah. But that can't be applied to a Vs Profile as that's quite clearly a NLF that doesn't work under how Vs. Threads are set, in neutral universes and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back