• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a mythos character that went from star level to outerversal iirc. I have a feat of a character tanking the big band, does that work?

I didn't think they did either, up until my thread got shut down because someone thought Unknown meant that it could not have the position argued. Said I had to makes this thread. Its a pardoy but it has consistent in universe logic, even if it is mind bending. Parody verses can have set tiers

If you're talking about my boy Nyarla, then that happened in stages & there was likely much more proof than this.

Antvasima said:
Well, I am leaning towards agreeing with Matthew here. I also like the series, and consider it brilliant in terms of layered storytelling and compressing a massive amount of concepts and ideas into a limited space (I tried to do something similar in my own fanfiction story a few years earlier), but that is no reason to give it special privileges in terms of not requiring good evidence for massive upgrades.
I did give evidence tho. Don't forget that Ajmu does atleast have a universal+ feat. You should know from the context of the series that Kumagawa couldn't very well erase the universe because then we wouldn't have a story. Authors can give feats as best they can while having an actual story. If Kumagawa erased the universe then we wouldn't have a story. This isn't really special treatment anyway.

I gave a multitude of feats and statements supporting it with not a single thing contradicted. Its the same case with the light speed Hyperbole case: A multitude of statements with not a single contradiction. Sure you can dismiss them as a joke or hyperbole individually, but at a whole they can no longer be denied

Iapitus The Impaler said:
There was a mythos character that went from star level to outerversal iirc. I have a feat of a character tanking the big band, does that work?
Amazing scan of Ajimu next to the Big Band:

Big Band
Or were you referring to this:

BigBandHall
Jokes aside, is this even going anywhere? This is unironically the first time I ever heard someone claim this feat exists.

LordWhis said:
@Iapitus:

Since this thread will probably get locked soon, no offense, but your authority points system is the worst idea ever. It is downright undemocratic.

It doesn't even succeed at proving what you wanted to prove because there are just as many admins on your side as are on the other side.
I think it was just out of a worry that authority was being considered more than evidence in the argument, which i won't argue one way or the other.

Anyway, Iapitus, we are not going to ban you simply for disagreeing.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Hue Hue, auto correct got me there. I was saying she tanked the Big Bang. Its a universal+ feat, idk where else you think this is going

So you haven't read the series then. I hope you gonna be responding to my refute of your argument that still didn't address half of my debunks.

Was she at the epicenter of it? If not it could unironically be just Continent level+, like Basilisk from Fantastic Four. Regardless nobody scales to Ajimu.

LordWhis said:
@Iapitus:
Since this thread will probably get locked soon, no offense, but your authority points system is the worst idea ever. It is downright undemocratic.

It doesn't even succeed at proving what you wanted to prove because there are just as many admins on your side as are on the other side.
It was half joking. I was moslty trying to debunk the subject "I just don't see it" by proving that subject view falls the other way

Actually that's excatly what I wanted it to prove. I wanted to make sure I wasn't gonna get gimped out of my upgrade just from appeals to authority

Iirc nothing proves that Ajimu tanked the big bang, it's more likely that she was incorporeal or something. Not that it matters though, her should still be Unknown because of the kind of character she is imho.

@Iapitus

Well, I personally think that it is likely that the statements were intended to be interpreted as true, but we still have no conclusive evidence, given that the entire series was about a metafictional dissection of fictional conveniences, philosophies, and ideas, rather than explosive feats, although I agree with you that the limitations of the story limits the amount of collateral damage.

However, a simple offhanded written statement of creating a universe likely won't be enough when lacking any visualisation for proof, so unknown power levels might be safest,

Antvasima said:
Anyway, Iapitus, we are not going to ban you simply for disagreeing.
I'm glad

Really tho, what do you think about this being a case similar to the Light Speed Hyperbole. No contradictions, 1 or 2 solid feat and several statements

Also we can't really close this yet because We still haven't addressed a few things. This discussion got stuck on the tier 2 things but we still haven't resolved the passive plot manipulation vs fate manipulation vs probability manipulation vs inducing PIS

Antvasima said:
@Iapitus
Well, I personally think that it is likely that the statements were intended to be interpreted as true, but we still have no conclusive evidence, given that the entire series was about a metafictional dissection of fictional conveniences, philosophies, and ideas, rather than explosive feats, although I agree with you that the limitations of the story limits the amount of collateral damage.

However, a simple offhanded written statement of creating a universe likely won't be enough when lacking any visualisation for proof, so unknown power levels might be safest,
The point is that they were given consistently and not contradicted a single time

I was more refering to Ajimu talking about herself tanking the Big Bang when she was going over a back story. And we kind did get visual proof. Unknown power levels are fine, but then let's make a rule not to close thread against characters with Unknown Hax tiers vs Characters with Known hax tiers so that arguments can be made either way on the threads. I only made this thread because one of the VS threads god closed over them only having Unknown and nit a set tier. I was content with leaving them unknown until I essentially got forced into this

I think we should just call it passive plot manipulation, the only thing that suggests it may be probability manipulation is Devil's Style, but since it still didn't affect Iihiko it's pretty obvious that "being the main character" is more than just being lucky. Besides, we're literally talkiing about "winning because you're the main character", I can't see it as anything but plot anyway (and it's more consistent with Anshin'in changing the plot to overcome it).

Matthew Schroeder said:
Was she at the epicenter of it? If not it could unironically be just Continent level+, like Basilisk from Fantastic Four. Regardless nobody scales to Ajimu.
She is 3,402,193,822,311 years old and claimed to have witnessed the big bang.

I'd have to look for the panels.

@Iapitus & Pachi:

Tanking the big bang can be a Tier 3 feat as well.

Ajimu still shouldn't scale to anybody.

@Iapitus: Do you realize that it may not be the best idea to have vs threads featuring Medaka Box characters in the 1st place (Considering the kind of verse it is) ?

LordWhis said:
@Jordan:
Ajimu is a metafictional parody character that is 0 one minute, & 10-C the next, she should just be unknown & scale to nobody.

Also, tanking the big bang is not always a Tier 2 feat-

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Big_Bang

Tanking the big band on the other hand is a Tier -∞ feat.......

I only scale her to her minimum possible tier because of this, and her minimum is universal. She has never been anywhere near that low. What are you talking about?

Ok so its either tier 3-A to 2-C

This thread is getting very long, and I am going to bed now. It might be a good idea to start a continuation with a summary at the beginning, in order to get the final required edits properly handled.

Antvasima said:
This thread is getting very long, and I am going to bed now. It might be a good idea to start a continuation with a summary at the beginning, in order to get the final required edits properly handled.
Can I close this thread for now?

Antvasima said:
sounds good. I can create a follow up with only the Part 1, 2, and maybe 6 on there. I guess this can be closed with "To be Continued" as the reason with a link to the next one

once the replies are handled of course

A new thread should probably be started before closing this. We still need to decide a few issues.

Also, I am uncertain if it is appropriate to link to the PIS page in a P&A section, even though it is technically correct.

@Iapitus & Pachi:

@Iapitus: Do you realize that it may not be the best idea to have vs threads featuring Medaka Box characters in the 1st place (Considering the kind of verse it is) ? I mean, how will we even decide a battle in which 1 of the characters has PIS inducement.

LordWhis said:
@Iapitus & Pachi:

@Iapitus: Do you realize that it may not be the best idea to have vs threads featuring Medaka Box characters in the 1st place (Considering the kind of verse it is) ? I mean, how will we even decide a battle in which 1 of the characters has PIS inducement.
What's wrong with scaling her to her minimum possible power?

By turning it off unless the other side has plot manipulation or some other way to counter PIS inducement. You seem to think all Medaka Box characters are like Iihiko, Ajimu, Hanten, and Medaka. They aren't.

@Iapitus: I was merely talking about scaling other characters.

That was just an example.

Code:
By all means make tiers for non-haxgod characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back