• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Adding this:

If Nacht is extremely lucky, he is gonna attack Magus 1/4 times, his barrier absorbs all magic but has one weakness (fire, light, ice and shadow) that changes all the time Magus uses an spell, so the probability of Nacht attacking Magus and causing damage is completely random, physical attacks are less powerfull when he has his barrier up, and Magus has a second barrier without the absorbing magic effect that is also boosting his defense if he decides to use it

So he negs any form of shadow magic. Even the ones that are sound based from Nacht's devil and not the bell itself...?
Magus in his boss fight is literally absorbing lasers, because lasers somehow are considered "shadow magic"

Laser Spin35All enemies10Attack all enemies with laser. (Shadow)

Edit: After searching a bit, in Chrono trigger, every combination of 2 or more different spells (example, I use fire encapsuled in Ice) is considered Shadow Magic too

Edit 2: I have not bring this up because I normally wants to ignore the "equipment debate of rpg" But Magus can absorb Shadows attacks if he is wearing a Black Plate or an Elemental Aegis, can get 2 times faster with a Haste Helm, etc etc, every rpg does this so Chrono Trigger is not an exception

Last edited:
Magus in his boss fight is literally absorbing lasers, because lasers somehow are considered "shadow magic"

Edit: After searching a bit, in Chrono trigger, every combination of 2 or more different spells (example, I use fire encapsuled in Ice) is considered Shadow Magic too
Nacht cannot be sensed and hax clones too and mana zone also has accelerated development that surpasses Atsa and genius intelligence he will figure a way to win the sceam is not magic just a loud scream.
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Stealth Mastery (Infiltrated the Spade Kingdom, surprised the Magic Knight Captains, who couldn't even sense his mana), Accelerated Development (Gain power ups by surpassing his limits during battles), Acrobatics, Aura (Mages with an extremely large amount of Magic Power can induce an intense pressure in their surroundings), BFR (Can drag his opponents into a shadow, removing them from the battlefield), Creation (Can create shadows, and morph them into hands), Enhanced Senses, Extrasensory Perception (People with Magic Power can sense the flow of Mana in their surroundings as well as others people's Magic Power), Flight (Limited Flight with a broom), Forcefield Creation (Mages with large amount of Magic Power naturally have a forcefield that constantly protects them from incoming attacks), Fusionism (Can fuse with one or even two of his devils and reach the state of Devil Union), Magic (Attribute: Shadow Magic. Mostly used to move from shadow to shadow, Nacht can also restrain his opponents by manipulating their shadow), Magic Nullification with Binding Magic (Binding Magic prevents the opponent from casting spells and exerting their Magic Power), Paralysis Inducement (Paralyzed Asta with his shadow), Portal Creation and Teleportation (Capable of teleporting from shadows), Sealing (Sealed Asta and Liebe in darkness), Shadow Magic (Can manipulate shadows), Spatial Manipulation and Statistics Amplification with Mana Zone (Users of Mana Zone are capable of manipulating the mana around them, not only allowing them to have access to more mana then they normally have access to, but allowing them to attack from any direction, and inside of things. Mana Zone users similarly get a boost to all stats), Summoning (Capable of summoning devils in the real world), Transformation via Unholy Manipulation (Due to being Devil-Possessed, Nacht has the ability to use the power of the four devils he has contract with), Resistance to Heat Manipulation (Mana Skin allows even the average Magic Knights to run across the Yultim Volcano, a Grand Magic Region which can reduce a human into ashes by heat alone. Should be further enhanced with Mana Zone), Mind Manipulation (Those with a developed Magic Power are unaffected by Neige's Snow Magic, which controls the target), Power Nullification with Mana Skin (Mana Skin allowed Noelle to cast Sea Dragon's Roar under the presence of an elf, whom can neutralize even the spells of those with a good magic control such as Finral. Should be further enhanced with Mana Zone) and Sleep Manipulation with Mana Skin (Leopold was able to overcome the effects of Fragil's Snow Magic, which puts her opponents to sleep. Should be further enhanced with Mana Zone).
Noted

So he negs any form of shadow magic. Even the ones that are sound based from Nacht's devil and not the bell itself...?

lol
Any counter arguments?

Edit 2: I have not bring this up because I normally wants to ignore the "equipment debate of rpg" But Magus can absorb Shadows attacks if he is wearing a Black Plate or an Elemental Aegis, can get 2 times faster with a Haste Helm, etc etc, every rpg does this so Chrono Trigger is not an exception
Durability: At least Island level, possibly Large Island level+ (Superior to Base Asta), Country level with Devil Union (Survived a beating from a casual Lilith and Naamah), higher with Mana Skin, far higher with Union Mode: Equus (Took no damage from an attack from Devil Power Dante) He can also amp himself with mana zone and reinforcement magic

right so Magus can still neg shadow magic even if its not literal shadow magic?
Is technology and he absorbs it

This inflicts shadow damage, it's clearly not light-based. However, Nacht is using his devil ability which its soundwaves are not infact shadow.
Magus barrier stops Lucca hypnowave which is sound

Hypnowave (Hypno Wave)160All enemiesN/APut all enemies to sleep.

Yes but he doesn't have knowledge about the attack so it will land. Also what are the win cons. Nacht can become undetectable and clone himself and has other attacks not just shadow magic

Ok so Magus negs magic? He also has magic absorption too.
Unholy Manipulation: As devils, their magic is unholy in nature. Their variations of basic magic attributes such as Flame Magic and Ice Magic are referred to as, for example, "Devil Flame Magic" and "Devil Ice Magic."[4]

Corruption: The negative mana of a devil can corrupt the magic attribute of anyone who takes it in[5].

Mind Manipulation: As with magic attributes, a devil's negative mana can corrupt the mind of someone who takes it in[6].

Madness Manipulation: The negative mana-induced corruption of one's mind can drive them insane[7].

Power Bestowal: A devil can grant its host greater power through a contract, such as a Devil's Bargain[8] or a Devil Binding Ritual[9].

Rage Power: The power of a devil is fueled by rage, as such rage[10] can even amplify their host's power[11]. This rage is also capable of granting devils[12] powers they never had before[12].

Resistance to Corruption: The magic attribute of a devil is corrupted already due to their negative mana, meaning they are incapable of being corrupted any further. In addition, even Liebe, a devil with no magic, was unaffected by the corruption that results from negative mana[13].

Resistance to Mind Manipulation: Devils are unaffected by the effects of other devils' mana to the point where even Liebe, the lowest-ranking devil, was unaffected by the mind-corrupting nature of negative mana[13].

Resistance to Madness Manipulation: Devils are unaffected by the effects of other devils' mana to the point where even Liebe, the lowest-ranking devil, was not driven insane by the negative mana of other devils[13].
Absorbing negative mana is a bad idea.

The only "sound-based" description from this is the derivity of the word Hypnowave. hypno being sleep and wave being how pleasant the music is to the player... Those are clearly not sound waves. They are green magical waves, Not even the description describes it as such.

Devil union is a different type of magic and Nacht resist layered power null
still magic. does devil union explicitly resist absorption?

Standard equipment only no optional equipment
who decided that?

Yes but he doesn't have knowledge about the attack so it will land. Also what are the win cons. Nacht can become undetectable and clone himself and has other attacks not just shadow magic
why wouldn't he? he has precognition

The only "sound-based" description from this is the derivity of the word Hypnowave. hypno being sleep and wave being how pleasant the music is to the player... Those are clearly not sound waves. They are green magical waves, Not even the description describes it as such.
its still music though. You really gonna say music isn't sound?

still magic. does devil union explicitly resist absorption?

who decided that?

why wouldn't he? he has precognition
Sorry in the op I said standard equipment only negative mana is corruption and madness manipulation so absorption is not a good idea
Tired of you quoting powers from the pages, I vote Magus

Now you want to put Magus at a disadvantage, okey dude, my reasoning only started to use equipment at the end
Sorry standard equipment only I specified this

Its music to players... The OST. Not the attack itself. Right? @Kazuma_kuwabara
Rpg mechanics? My ******* nightmare, I am iffy about that

But two things: I am not feeling well right now and I already said all what I can say, I would investigate more when i am feeling better

Second: https://ibb.co/c8rxfTY No where in the tournament rules says "standart equipment only" until you edited it 7 minutes ago and am not gonna read 3 pages to find that rule

Edit: I searched in the 3 pages of messages, 0 rules about "standart equipment" so you are nerfing a character because he is winning, gg

Rpg mechanics? My ******* nightmare, I am iffy about that

But two things: I am not feeling well right now and I already said all what I can say, I would investigate more when i am feeling better

Second: https://ibb.co/c8rxfTY No where in the tournament rules says "standart equipment only" until you edited it 7 minutes ago and am not gonna read 3 pages to find that rule
My decision is final standard equipment only

Magus risks getting corrupted. He doesn't look like an Elf.

Magus has magic for being in contact with Lavos, Elfs for being blessed by nature

Edit: Being in contact with Lavos too much can corrupt you, Magus who is the most powerfull sorcerer and one of the children of Queen Zeal who has a parasitic Simbiosis with Lavos, did not get corrupted

Magus risks getting corrupted. He doesn't look like an Elf.
That implies the mana goes into him, we aren't sure how he absorbs it.
My decision is final standard equipment only
lol son you just decide randomly on stuff when it suits you?

Its music to players... The OST. Not the attack itself. Right? @Kazuma_kuwabara
Looking at the page for the ability it heavily implied the music itself is what's being used,
The prefix Hypno- is shorthand for hypnosis, which means to be placed into a dream-like trance, or state. Wavedescribes a method of movement with descending and cresting motions, which coincidences with the animation of Lucca's Hypnowave. Also, Wave is commonly attached to the word sound to create sound wave, the mode of traveling sound. The music heard when this tech is performed mimics an electrical pulse and is very soft and seemingly comforting.

Magus has magic for being in contact with Lavos, Elfs for being blessed by nature

Edit: Being in contact with Lavos too much can corrupt you, Magus who is the most powerfull sorcerer and one of the children of Queen Zeal who has a parasitic Simbiosis with Lavos, did not get corrupted
But he can't absorb with his sythte standard equipment only

SBA states only standard equipment here
That implies the mana goes into him, we aren't sure how he absorbs it.

lol son you just decide randomly on stuff when it suits you?

Looking at the page for the ability it heavily implied the music itself is what's being used,
The prefix Hypno- is shorthand for hypnosis, which means to be placed into a dream-like trance, or state. Wavedescribes a method of movement with descending and cresting motions, which coincidences with the animation of Lucca's Hypnowave. Also, Wave is commonly attached to the word sound to create sound wave, the mode of traveling sound. The music heard when this tech is performed mimics an electrical pulse and is very soft and seemingly comforting.
SBA states standard equipment sorry.

Is he an Elf himself?

lol just saw your edit

Back