• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shadow Magic vs Shadow Magic

tumblr_n7i2eaTU7h1s3ukwno3_500.gif

VS
87203a934fa2be41aae78ec248c45e9e2edd38de.gif

Gajeel -
Nacht - Arnoldstone18
Equal Speed
High 6-A keys
SBA
Lets hope I made something cool

Last edited:
Might be asking a stupid question but how would Manazone and Eating magic interact with one another? Does the absorption just bypass one's level of control over the magic/mana in the area?

What does Nacht scale to?

Gajeel is 4.435 petatons in Base, higher with ISDM, and 13.305 petatons with DF (should be 17.74 petatons)

Anyways, Nacht with Devil Union is 12.58 petatons
I see. So with either the accepted multiplier or the right multiplier, the gap isn't too large.

However, Gajeel can amp himself further IIRC with Iron Dragon Scales.

But does Dragon Force have a finite time limit?

Okay so we know the deal about Nacht's shadows. It isn't physical because it’s literally shadows themselves. What type of NPI does Gajeel have? If he does have one.

This is how Gajeel eats shadows btw, he can kinda just inhale them if they're close enough

He can't really interact with shadows beyond this as far as his base form goes. In Iron Shadow Dragon Mode, though, he can descend into the shadows and such much like Nacht can

Also, to clarify, Shadow Magic uses real shadows. Magic in Fairy Tail is much like its real-life equivalent, such as Laxus's Lightning Magic having several properties of real lightning

I can’t see the link for some reason but the response is fine.

Another thing is that I don’t think I see resistance to negative mana effects. Y’know like mind/madness manipulation and corruption. So he may suffer some effects from eating Nacht’s magic once he infused them with devil power.

That's true, I don't think Gajeel has any sort of resistance to that kinda thing. Worth keeping in mind

Okay now lets discuss combat. Since Gajeel is virtually unknown to me and we both know how Nacht fights. Let’s start with how Gajeel fights.

Gajeel is primarily a melee fighter, usually starting with a spell like Iron Dragon's Sword or Iron Dragon's Club (both of which morph his arm into either an iron sword or an iron club, giving him extended melee range). He's not above using ranged attacks, though, most notably Iron Dragon's Roar (a long-ranged breath attack that not only has an impact of its own, but can cut its target via all the shrapnel in the roar)

In this scenario, Gajeel has access to his Dragon Force (in the series, he hasn't been shown using it at will). He'd definitely tap into that power if he feels he's outmatched, as he does so with Iron Shadow Dragon Mode (another power-up). In addition, if Nacht uses Shadow Magic against him, he will most definitely counter by eating it

I can’t see the link for some reason but the response is fine.

Another thing is that I don’t think I see resistance to negative mana effects. Y’know like mind/madness manipulation and corruption. So he may suffer some effects from eating Nacht’s magic once he infused them with devil power.
Nacht doesn't have madness manip, nor do other devils

pretty sure Nacht can't do anything here due to Gajeel just eating his magic

Gajeel fights by going unga bunga punch you until you die, occasionally going for mid to long range sword/lance/roar attacks depending on the situation, but it's usually close combat

Nacht doesn't have madness manip, nor do other devils

Corruption is literally just enhancement of one's curent magic in this context

Mind Manip seems to just be vietnam flashbacks

Madness Manip seems to be skewering someone with dozens of spikes and having them scream in pain for obvious reasons

I haven't watched Black Clover in a while, so I don't remember all of the details. But I don't remember how exactly this works

Madness Manip seems to be skewering someone with dozens of spikes and having them scream in pain for obvious reasons

I haven't watched Black Clover in a while, so I don't remember all of the details. But I don't remember how exactly this works
That's fine. I think the whole point is that trying to absorb the negative mana will be a hinderance to Gajeel here.

That's fine. I think the whole point is that trying to absorb the negative mana will be a hinderance to Gajeel here.
Gajeel absorbs everything else and he should scale to Natsu's Supernatural Willpower considering literally every Fairy Tail character should have it but doesn't for some reason

It's all related to the negative mana emitted by devils (in the Madness Manipulation's case, Patry's scream of pain from being skewered had already happened a few pages before that scan)

but the feats provided are kinda poopoo stinky on the profile

Is there any other elaboration in-verse that we can use to validate it?

poo poo stinky?

Can Gajeel resist turning into an ancient demon that has lost all sanity as an after effect absorbing negative mana? The only thing here that is poo poo stinky is your responses.

Can Gajeel resist turning into an ancient demon that has lost all sanity as an after effect absorbing negative mana?
This is a very bad question and you know it, this only happened in the most extreme case of Licht not only filled with negative mana to begin with, but then absorbing even more so as to not let himself be controlled by Zagred

This is a very bad question and you know it, this only happened in the most extreme case of Licht not only filled with negative mana to begin with, but then absorbing even more so as to not let himself be controlled by Zagred

Yeah…Elves have resistance to the effects of using Negative Mana. Licht took in soooo much of it that he turned into an ancient demon (hey another proof that more magic = more layers, @WTF will be happy to hear this). Gajeel will probably turn into an uglier version of Secre and that’s the best case scenario here.

Yeah…Elves have resistance to the effects of using Negative Mana. Licht took in soooo much of it that he turned into an ancient demon (hey another proof that more magic = more layers, @WTF will be happy to hear this). Gajeel will probably turn into an uglier version of Secre and that’s the best case scenario here.
First off, your brain is too rotted by Secre. Please grasp reality

Also I'm voting Gajeel, the madness thing is a concern but it's not as if Gajeel is lacking in crazy willpower (like most FT characters) and regardless of if he eats the Shadow Magic or not, he's still entirely immune to it. Nacht can't hurt him aside from Equus Mode's physicals

Back