• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magic in Saint Seiya?!? Cosmo's Kryptonite?!?!?

Im a huge Saint Seiya fan, not as big as some out there (Dragon Ball and Hokuto/Souten no Ken are my tops) but Saint Seiya is third. This question really confuses me. Is "MAGIC" viewed as a possible weakness to "COSMO" users in Saint Seiya?

In Saint Seiya Episode G Assassin it's the first time (for me reading and keeping up with the series as best as I can) that magic is introduced, or even mentioned!

Magic GA chapter 15

Seen here in Chapter 15 of SS:GA Shura looks or thinks somewhat surprised to see the use and working of magic!

Magic GA chapter 39

Also seen here in Chapter 39 Shiryu is at the moment at the mercy of a "Magical Seal" which is doing a serious number to him! It's so effective it's seems like it has servered Shiryu's connection to his Cosmo!

Now my question; is Magic the flip coin power to Cosmo? Is it viewed as a probelmatic force like how Galactus or Silver Surfer with their Power Cosmic view Magic? Are the Saints or any other Cosmo user treated like Superman, as in they are not weak to magic, but also have no resistance to it either?! Or is it the simple "DBZ POWERLEVEL Plot-Armor" my Magical Powerlevel is higher than your Chi/Psyhic/Cosmic Powerlevel; so even though we have different sources of power I win, simply because my aura is bigger than yours!?

If anyone who is more knowledgeable with Saint Seiya can clear this up. Please let me know, as this is really making me second guest Saint Seiya characters versus Magic users such as Doctor Fate, Doctor Strange, Sailor Moon or Galaxia, and even Spawn!!

i remember this. I dont really know cause sometimes other Manga like Naruto and Hunter x Hunter have used the word magic before and really didnt get into it any futher than that

Also on Shoko's stat page it states that she's resistant to Transmutation and Magic. Can anyone tell me what chapter Shoko was attack with Magic to confirm her resistance. Cause if so it should scale to all Cosmo users then!

Back