• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magi/Adventure of Sinbad revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
I am following this thread, but sadly I have class. That said, I have no problem with the calcs and scaling.

We also have another calc from City Level Fodder, which scales... to everyone.

Island Level God Tiers like Sinbad and Kouen seem fine.

I can maybe make an argument for the magi being 'superior', as Judar has been hinting of fighting Sinbad multiple times, so they should be 'Likely 6-C' as well.

Edit: I will be come up with more detailed reasoning later.

I just realized the high end could be a mid or low end. Magiverse has a very specific habit of stating the size of things. For instance, it takes you Five Years to cross a desert or forty to cross the dark continent. The world has been calced to being much larger then earth. So the high end might make sense and to be honest, it could even be higher.

There isnt much scaling we can argue here but rather if we should accept if magi world is much larger then our own. If so, then High end we will have High 6-C to 6-B sinbad.

Okay. I suppose that High 6-C could make sense then.

But maybe Hakuryu and Alibaba should scale as well, after all Koen's attack was also amped byAlibaba's and way reponsible for a large amount of destruction.

High 6-C is fine, there is another interesting feat which I want to mention here.

Barbarossa an antagonist in the sinbad no bouken manga has a metal vessal which can mess with the tectonic movements and can cause them to oscillate, he is currently trying to use its extreme magic to bring down the island of Sindria.
0) Map of Sindria.

1) Entire island is shaking.

2) Due to his weakened state he cannot fully perform his extreme magic.

3) Explanation of his metal vessel.

Rinkaku's calculation has not been accepted by the calc group. However, I would appreciate help with updating the profiles that scale from the one that I posted myself.

Even setting that aside Ant, Sinbad already existing calc could scale to everyone else considering he did it A. While he was young and not as powerful as he is now (Likely close to Alibaba in strength) B. Casually.

Do you mean the one of freezing the desert? I suppose that you have a point, if what you say is correct.

My original intention was the City Busting Mountain calc we already have on his profile should likly scale to everyone else. The one you linked? While it is 'casually', I mean Adult Sinbad > Teen Sinbad by a mile. I dont think we can just scale it to everyone personally, Although I have no good reason other then it sounds like a bad idea and it will likely lead to new people coming here with a crt in the future because of it.

That said, @Banlk Even if you assume he is using an earth quake to sink Sindria, the results would till be island level unless it is higher then magnitude 10.

That said, even assuming Alibaba is half as powerful as Sinbad and anyone else not Kouen is half as powerful as sinbad (which I think is fair) We can still rank Alibaba and Co high end 6-C or Baseline High 6-C. I will come back with a more concise opinion on the matter. I am also notifying dark of this thread since he planned on doing magi revisions himself.

Shouldn't final arc Judar, Alibaba, Aladdin, and Hakuryuu scale to Sinbad. I mean they fought Sinbad's "avatars", which I doubt would be far off from his Pre-Sacred Palace strength.

Liger686 said:
Shouldn't final arc Judar, Alibaba, Aladdin, and Hakuryuu scale to Sinbad. I mean they fought Sinbad's "avatars", which I doubt would be far off from his Pre-Sacred Palace strength.
Judar already does scale. But yes to everyone else. Also, Sinbad couldnt modify Alibaba's soul. Not saying he is anything higher, but it does hint that Alibaba in base at this point is above even Sin's expectations. (Although he has a bad habit of underestimating Alibaba..)

Edit: Just realized that little detail means that since all the other metal vessel users seem comparable with one another... Should we have special rankings based on feats? I mean, Magi is the kind of anime/manga that seems that Metal Vessels seem already comparable with one another. Take Sinbad vs Mira in djinn equip, even though she lost, she still fought Sinbad on a comparable/even playing field?

So, can anybody write a chart for which of all our profiles that should have which ratings?

I will suggest the following.

Aladdin: High 6-C (Stalemated Judar, who is comparable to Sinbad)

Judar: High 6-C (Fought sinbad multiple times as well as an avatar of Sinbad

Titus: High 6-C ( comparable to Aladdin)

Yunan: High 6-C (Comparable to Judar)

Arba: High 6-C (Judar stated we would need help fighting Arba and should be comparable to Sinbad.)

Kouen Ren: High 6-C (It has been stated that Kouen was reaching Sinbad's level in strength.

Alibaba; At Least 7-B, Likely High 6-C (Should be comparable to a casual sinbad.)

Hakuryuu Ren: At Least 7-B, Likely High 6-C (Fought and defeated Alibaba.)

Kougyoku Ren: At Least 7-B, Likely High 6-C (Fought a casual sinbad)

Hakuei Ren: At Least 7-B, Possibly High 6-C (comparable to Aladdin and the rest of her family.)

Kouha Ren: At Least 7-B, Possibly High 6-C (Should be comparable to the rest of his family.)

Possibly is reserved to those without scaling to Sinbad or the magi.

Likely is reserved to those who have directly fought sinbad or another magi. All Household vessels are At Least 7-C, Possibly 7-B, scaling to the king's vessel they serve.

I also think that is fine, with the exception that Sinbad said that Arba was probably stronger than himself.

Antvasima said:
I also think that is fine, with the exception that Sinbad said that Arba was probably stronger than himself.
Then magi will likely be 'At Least High 6-C' I actually remembered something similar, but I forgot which chapter so I thought it would be better just to leave it be. Generally speaking, the magi are usually above the kings canindate they accepted.

@Kinkiestsins Can you calc the earthquake feat? If it is island level then we might be able to scale every metal vessal users with it since it was done in a very weakened state.

-BANLK- said:
@Kinkiestsins Can you calc the earthquake feat? If it is island level then we might be able to scale every metal vessal users with it since it was done in a very weakened state.
Honestly, I dont think I could.. But I can try. I am more focused on calcing the feat of freezing the desert, but using a desert in magi as an example (which is more realistic imo and it is also larger then the Sahara)

Just link the scans on my wall and I can try something.

So, are you willing to update the profiles accordingly?

I dont mind doing so ant, but I think personally we should wait. As said above, using a desert in magi verse as a high end seems more realistic to me for the best results.

I dont mind applying these changes, but for the sake of accuracy, I would like to wait for just a little longer and see if we can a more concise answer.

And I planned on calcing both feats if Liger does not want too, If I dont finish in like say... a few days, I guess we can implement these changes.

Okay, but it could take a long time until anybody evaluates the new calculation.

Actually, just for the sake of the being consistent, I will just accept the high end and call it a day. If my results for the island shaking are higher then 7-B, would you mind me modifying appropriately without a crt since it is a weakened feat and should scale to everyone?

No, you need to have the calculation evaluated, and to post a CR thread (or mention it here) as usual.

Antvasima said:
Okay, but it could take a long time until anybody evaluates the new calculation.
It is truly up to you.

I can make an eyeball guess

The desert right here is 2934 times the size of the Sahara.

It would be a fairly high end. I am assuming likely High 6-B or higher.

We can accept the new 'low end' aka High 6-C sinbad or I can do the calc and go throught he process.

It is your choice.

Personally? Considering statements such as 40 years to cross the dark continent, 5 to cross this desert as well as sinbad being a well seasoned traveler at this point, I think we can at least modify it with the proposed high end.

I think that we should use High 6-C for now, unless we have specific statements regarding the size of this particular desert.

Antvasima said:
I think that we should use High 6-C for now, unless we have specific statements regarding the size of this particular desert.
I can agree.

Also did some preliminary math.

It is just a tad over 6-A- High 6-A, which imo is ridiculous.

I will get started then I guess.

I will modify my above reasoning to make it more approachable, but the scaling will remain the same.

Edit: Need Sinbad's Page opened pls ant.

Okay. I will unlock Sinbad for you.

I have done so. Tell me here when you are done.

Sinbad is done, Aladdin and Judar are done as well.

I will finish Arba and the rest of the pages in a few hours.

I also modified Judar's durability to state he tanked hits from Aladdins borg to better fit our new scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back