• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Madness Combat Discussion Thread: Redeemer

They literally sees those laser slowdown and Gestalt can avoid them

Also stated to work on photons. I think it is fair to give FTL speed

They literally sees those laser slowdown and Gestalt can avoid them

Also stated to work on photons. I think it is fair to give FTL speed
They see lasers slow down in game, whichwe go from that logic they can't even dodge crossbows of harmacists. Again, i'm neutral on this but i think justification given there to make it canon seems bullshit if you ask me.

If you REALLY want to need pick.

We can make it on the profiles that says

Hypersonic+, MHS+ with bullet time. Up to Relativistic with tac bar/instinctive reaction as those are the accepted calcs

Like i said i don't care. Make them omnipresent if you want. I just found the evidence nonsense when tacbar clearly meant to be game mechanic and nothing more.

Do feats from the trailers count? Because if so I have son sweat stuff
There are? The only ones feats are Hank shrugging og getting stabbed, kicking a metal door off it's hinges (9-C to low 9-B), Hank surviving dissonance (something that is already on profile) and Mag Bandit smashing downa steel gate (already done in-game). There are also zombies shrugging off bullets and Hank stabbing a metal table with a knife but that's all.

he burden of proof is on you to prove it's a game mechanic, when it's given a in-universe explaination on it's existence.
The fact that it's never referenced in cutscenes or the main series? The fact that even in episodes that came after the Project Nexus A.T.P engineers being unable to dodge even thrown knifes or in game's cutscenes where Jeb get tagged by a bazooka? The fact that the mechanic isn't even consistent with itself in gameplay? (it can make you dodge lasers but not crossbow bolts of Harmacists). I'm not saying the mechanic shouldn't be noted on profiles but using it as an avidence of FTL Madness Combat is just weird. Whatever, like i said do whatever you want.

The fact that even in episodes that came after the Project Nexus A.T.P engineers being unable to dodge even thrown knifes or in game's cutscenes
The game gives in-universe reasons for people like Hank to bypass the Tac Bar, via Sweet spots, or simply having weak tac bars.
in game's cutscenes where Jeb get tagged by a bazooka?
yeah thats called an explosive, you typically can't move out of the way of a AOE explosion.
The fact that the mechanic isn't even consistent with itself in gameplay? (it can make you dodge lasers but not crossbow bolts of Harmacists)
The bolts are probably not considered bullets in the game engine, which means it doesn't trigger the Tac Bar.
I'm not saying the mechanic shouldn't be noted on profiles
But you are. if it's a game mechanic, it shouldn't be on the profile.

"Game Mechanics refers to the abilities shown in games (usually video games) that are determined by the rules of the game (examples include hit points, levels, statistics, world map crossing in seconds outside of cinematics, etcetera) and are not necessarily indicative of a character's or entity's actual abilities."

🤨
but using it as an avidence of FTL Madness Combat is just weird. Whatever, like i said do whatever you want.
Using it as proof for FTL Madness Combat would be for reactions at best due to how the Tac Bar works. they wouldn't scale physically from that. I personally don't agree with FTL Madness unless it's just reactions.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure there are cases where AAHW goons accidently shoot each other but i'll look at that later
I know hank forces AAHW sometimes to shoot eachother, but i don't recall them accidentally shooting eachother without any other intervention like what i mentioned before. i'd have to recheck through episodes.
He wasn't able to dodge the rocket either
I'd have to test the Tac Bar in the playground in Project Nexus, im not sure if Rocket Launchers even trigger the Tac Bar in game to begin with.

Just tested it within the playground, explosives like the rocket launcher didn't trigger the tac bar, so take that as you will. either game mechanics, weakness of the Tac Bar, or Jebediah doesn't have a strong Tac Bar.

The burden of proof is on you to prove it's a game mechanic, despite it's given a in-universe explaination on it's existence.
And nonetheless the cast still had to deal with all the enemies wielding photon based laser guns/rifles/cannons. It is not possible to aim dodge all that SoL shit consistently. (if you wanna go with the idea of tac-bar being something for the games to help us)

And nonetheless the cast still had to deal with all the enemies wielding photon based laser guns/rifles/cannons. It is not possible to aim dodge all that SoL shit consistently. (if you wanna go with the idea of tac-bar being something for the games to help us)
How they couldn't just aim dodge the laser guns?

How they couldn't just aim dodge the laser guns?
Because it's not like one or two scientist with it. In one of the levels you get ambushed by like so many of em. And their going to immediately try to bake you without waiting for you like they would when you play it. (Hardest mode is the closest thing to that kind of behaviour)

be specific. if you see incorrect sources for the feats, ******* tell me what it is.

that is deadass FROM YOU. don't give me that shit when that was from YOU.
1. Gestalt's feat

2. I never said that The Machine or The Maker manipilates infinite worlds

1. Gestalt's feat
For one, what gestalt feat? i didn't add any gestalt feat. there was hank blocking bullets, and Deimos blowing up the back of a car.
2. I never said that The Machine or The Maker manipilates infinite worlds
This is from YOUR blog post for YOUR machine page:

" Everything is part of The Machine, which includes several separated realms like Nevada, Other Place with countless hells and various "other" realms outside of Nevada"

For one, what gestalt feat? i didn't add any gestalt feat. there was hank blocking bullets, and Deimos blowing up the back of a car.

This is from YOUR blog post for YOUR machine page:

" Everything is part of The Machine, which includes several separated realms like Nevada, Other Place with countless hells and various "other" realms outside of Nevada"
And just look on compilation of feats, you would notice this

And just look on compilation of feats, you would notice this
Alright until you feel like actually talking and instead of dancing around even saying what you want fixed, it's not getting fixed. it's early in the morning for me, just say what you want fixed, or even better yet you can fix whatever slight problem is yourself if you don't wish to say it. too tired for something like this.

Back