• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Madara isn't an astronaut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I seriously doubt that Madara is as low as 12 km.

The point is that he isn't 340,000 km above the Earth's surface which is what the current calc uses (or near to that).

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I think you said m/s when you meant to say km/s on the low end. And honestly, the mid end sounds like a low end. But I agree with Cal that even that seems too lowballed.
I converted km to meters in the calc offscreen.

@AppleLord

Your high end yields a not even Mach 1000 number, but is honestly the most generous and likely most accurate, and is in-keeping with more consistent calcs the verse already has.

It's worth just removing the Moon-speed calc altogether from every page that relies upon it, as I stated previously. There's the Toneri calc to rely on still, just utilize that for now.

As shown repeatedly, this calc has too many flaws to utilize and try to state the verse is 'accurate' with a straight face.

His speed will stay at the same rating anyways, just the justifications are different.

@Qaws; well, there are potential issues with the current scaling related to that.

Such as backwards scaling a certain form of Teenage Naruto to be faster than a certain form of Adult Naruto but without any concrete proof.

This could possibly be handled on a new thread but I thought I'd mention it since it is relevant.

I've been having an issue finding the Toneri thread that people are talking about. Could someone please link it to me? I hope I don't come off as derailing or anything but I think it's kind of relevant.

Thanks @Damage. I now understand and agree to the rationale for that thread getting accepted. However, Using the Madara to Moon feat...ehh it doesn't inspire me with much confidence. I think the Toneri feat is a much better sub-rel justification than using this one. Not that big a deal. Also, I'm always in support of using the anime as secondary evidence as long as it isn't contradicted on the manga.

This has been discussed and rejected tons of times for various reasons

Everyone using "well there are other times that the moon is shown to be closer" misunderstands the context of the scene and it's a terrible comparison to make, the massive difference between those scenes and this one is that in those scenes the characters don't have to fly close to the moon

Whereas in this one it literally tells us that Madara has to fly to the moon, we are shown how close the moon is to Madara which we can calculate.

The headband thing was cast aside for obvious reasons, mostly because we can't expect complete scientific accuracy from Mangaka, this excuse can be made to pretty much debunk any calc ever made, but we obviously can expect Kishi to know the basic second grade logic of "if you're closer to it it gets bigger" and we know just how much closer because angsizing.

I can't speak too much on these topics right now as i'm extremely busy but these topics are getting a bit repetitive as they keep being brought up despite being refused a lot of times before.

@Tata; I know this has been discussed in the past but it looks like right now that the majority of people agree that the current calc either needs serious fixing, or shouldn't be used at all.

The 'headband' scene is just one of the supporting evidences used.

There is also the visual in the manga of him still being near the planet, and the visual of him in the anime still being inside the Earth's atmosphere.

...all of that was retconned by the Movie and Light novel Damage

No circular reason what's so ever on the profiles for Hag, Hamura, and The Shinju. Hamura doesn't even scale to the ten tails and Hag scales to Kaguya

Damage must not have read this

@AstralKing7; it's just that it didn't answer my questions regarding the speed scaling.

If Six Paths Sage Mode Teenage Naruto has actual reasons for being Sub-Relativistic, then they should be there instead of just asserting that he's faster than his Biju-Sage Mode Adult self.

That reasoning is fine since other verses have similar reasoning but if others have a problem with it I guess we can just scale him to Kaguya again

So the proposed scaling chain is:

Madara <- SPSM Naruto <- Kaguya <- Hamura <- Toneri <- BSM Naruto <- Toneri's Sub-Rel attack?

(Arrows don't indicate superiority here, just who is scaling to who).

I don't know the verse at all but from a cursory lookover it would seem rather strange for him to go to the moon and yet be able to still see mountains in the background.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
@Wok Either:

1) He didn't actually go to the moon.

2) The moon in Naruto is far closer to the planet than our moon is to Earth.
3) The moon in Naruto is bigger. Whynaut.

TataHakai said:
The headband thing was cast aside for obvious reasons, mostly because we can't expect complete scientific accuracy from Mangaka, this excuse can be made to pretty much debunk any calc ever made, but we obviously can expect Kishi to know the basic second grade logic of "if you're closer to it it gets bigger" and we know just how much closer because angsizing.
That's blatant double standards and cherry picking. You're assuming the writer won't have enough common sense that anything in space floats instead of falling on Earth. But you're willing to assume that the writer is gonna draw the moon with a calculator in his hand and not make blatant artistic choices like showing the moon bigger than usual which is excessively common across fiction. Assuming the latter goes against Occam's razor.

I know the "artistic choice" argument can be made to refute any calc ever. I personally don't believe calcs like these should be treated as 100% legit all the time, but I'd have given the benefit of the doubt to the calc if there wasn't so much contradicting evidence against the assumed notion.

I also think IMade's initial comment makes sense. Even if this calc is rejected the ratings will remain the same due to another accepted calc, so I don't get why there's such hostility in the thread like it's some massive downgrade.

Going 'near' the Moon is up for interpretation.

Simply travelling a few dozen / hundreds of kilometers up in the sky could count as going nearer to the Moon. It doesn't mean he has to fly within 40,000 kilometers of the Moon for it to work.

Damage3245 said:
@Mindovin; we don't actually see anything from Sasuke's perspective. We have a limited viewpoint of the panel. Madara could simply be too small to be worth drawing or off the edge of the panel.
Its for some double digit kilometers.

The interpretation of 'Vwoosh' meaning 'Madara travelled significantly faster towards the moon after removing his headband' is doubtful.

It's is not though.

>He must Draw near the Moon'.

>Still flying.

>Dictionary meaning of Vwoosh.

So, after he remove the headband he fly faster to the drawing near the Moon.

The sound effect would still contradict the calc then. There's not enough air that far into outerspace to produce the sound effect used on panel. He needed to be in atmosphere still.

why are u all accepting that he dropped the headband as fact without any evidence

u should also take this into consideration that it could go either way

1.he could possibly dropped it

2.he could throw it too

both can be plausible

so headband things itself does not null the calc

it need assumption to null the calc

I really wouldn't use sound effect as an argument. Common in fiction for sound to be in space and Naruto has already demonstrated volume in space in the Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back