• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Madara isn't an astronaut

Status
Not open for further replies.
ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Not getting involved, but I do want to see what TataHakai thinks of this as IIRC he's a major expert on Naruto here and I want to see his opinion on this before I agree or disagree with anything.
That qualifies as the exact definition as Argument from Authority, letting someone else's position influence your view and appealing to them on those grounds (X is an expert so if X says Y then I'll agree to Y due to that).

I'd much rather people make their own informed arguments in these threads unless we specifically need to call in mods/admins to get an issue resolved.

And what exactly is wrong with that?

Not everyone needs to formulate their own opnion for every CRT, they can have their views be swayed by someone they see as perfectly qualified to speak on the matter. We do this all the time, so im not seeing how im suddenly different for choosing one of those times to do such.

Late for the party. We've already waited months to do even minor revisions of Naruto because Kepekley23 was not present on the wiki. TataHakai is Naruto's greatest expert now, since Kep had been giving a signal that he would not call the franchise any longer and began to get tired. We should wait TataHakai to return.

@M3X

If you(3rd person plural) need one person to decide what goes through for a specific verse because you cannot analyze the information as-presented yourselves, there is a massive issue. People can analyze information for themselves.

@Kukui

It's fallacious, for one. It absolutely leads to the blind leading the blind, for two. Any person is fallible, their arguments are what ought to be analyzed, not their 'qualifications', whatever those may be.

Well regardless, I personally dont care if you think its just "blind leading the blind" no offense.

I do not know what to personally make of this myself, so im going to wait on an expert (Takahakai) that is qualified to analyze this before coming to my own conclusion. End of story.

I see no reason for you to wade in on such a discussion was moreso my point; one's opinion is meaningless by definition if it is just parroting, it's merely a bandwagon.

I do not know what to personally make of this myself, so im going to wait on an expert (Takahakai) that is qualified to analyze this before coming to my own conclusion. End of story.
I'm an expert and already commented with provided scans.

Also, Kep is still in charge of Naruto and he too gave his own opinion, but has decided he won't pursue further on the matter and does not mind what the conclusion is.

@Xulev

The point for them is to wait for someone who they can trust and who has more experience/knowledge regarding this and more than likely present another point of view which they may or may not share. Not just appealing to the authority.

If they where like, only this guy can present a point and thats the end because he is knowledgeable or and admin then we would have a problem, but they are not.

now shouldn't we start to use only statement cuz now naruto art become inconstant like certain verse

Persons with a demonstrable grasp of the matter and evidence involved have already commented, however, waiting for one specific individual is a highly suspect thing to even comment on and why I believe your last statement is actually rendered entirely null and void (no offense taken I hope!)

Omimi said:
now shouldn't we start to use only statement cuz now naruto art become inconstant like certain verse
'It applies to X so it should apply to Y' is usually a good argument when biases are involved, however there ought to be great supporting evidence to apply this to Naruto.

For Bleach, the verse in contestation you brought up but refuse to name oddly, we gave several dozen pieces of information as to why statements ought to be given precedence over inconsistent art.

For Naruto, I'd definitely suggest making a CRT and laying out the argument for why, I'd support that if you did so!

We already have a few Sub-Rel calcs for Kage-level characters that don't rely on Madara. We'll use that.

Still hasn't been applied yet. There was supposed to be a discussion thread about it but it never took off.

Sir Silent orchestra said:
Well everyone else here has actually read the material and evidence, so enjoy waiting for others to argue for you!
And I have as well. And guess what? I personally do not know what to make of this argument wise.

So I want to see what others will say first before agreeing or disagreeing. Seriously, stop complaining.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
I see, well unless they're actually on the profiles don't think it matters.
The calcs themselves are accepted, but the issue of scaling (Who scales to who) is what needs to be solved ATM.

No offense! but thats sounds like an attempt to stalling the revision.
....And exactly how?

If the revision finishes before anyone else can come, thats too bad. No one is "stalling" anything here.

Tony di bugalu said:
@Xulev
The point for them is to wait for someone who they can trust and who has more experience/knowledge regarding this and more than likely present another point of view which they may or may not share. Not just appealing to the authority.

If they where like, only this guy can present a point and thats the end because he is knowledgeable or and admin then we would have a problem, but they are not.
See? this is exactly what happened right now!

Matthew Schroeder said:
Wait for Tata and counterarguments.
Why? Arguments have been made and debunked, those championing them backing out.

There aren't many 'new' arguments to bring forth on the topic. I wouldn't mind engaging your thoughts on the topic if you're here, however.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Wait for Tata and counterarguments.
If he still bother with this feats, he can create crt afterwards. can't be too hard since it seems like naruto have other feats who put them at sub rel. So this is rather insignificant!

Its starting to look more you just want me to instantly agree with the general consensus on this matter here and that im not allowed to see what others may bring to the table before doing so myself.

No offense! but thats sounds like an attempt to stalling the revision.
u think its attempt to stalling the revision when he just want to wait and see tata counterarguments

Its starting to look more you just want me to instantly agree with the general consensus on this matter here and that im not allowed to see what others may bring to the table before doing so myself.
You don't need to comment if you can't draw a conclusion!

Me, personally, I rather persons cite evidence or some sort of logic and give a conclusion they themselves meaningfully arrived at.

I see no reason to halt an entire CRT for one person's opinion, that seems to undermine much of the purpose of CRTs and the site in general (if one person holds sway over the stats for a verse, why bother discussing it at all when there's not a check or balance to one individual after all)

Xulrev said:
Why? Arguments have been made and debunked, those championing them backing out.

There aren't many 'new' arguments to bring forth on the topic. I wouldn't mind engaging your thoughts on the topic if you're here, however.
it was debunked b4 but here u are still Arguing no?

@Omimi

You keep asserting it was debunked with nothing to show for it. I don't understand why you'd continue the same tiring tactic?

KLOL506 said:
We already have a few Sub-Rel calcs for Kage-level characters that don't rely on Madara. We'll use that.
that was debunked by me,rejected by tata and every staff mamber that have looked at it

But im not stalling or halting anything here. So IDK where this "halt an entire CRT for one persons opinion" is coming from because thats not what im doing.

I said that im going to wait for Tata to come. That doesnt suddenly mean the entire thread in general needs to stop everything.

i have post that above but u missed that or probably dont think its enough

"u keep asserting it was debunked with nothing to show for it."

what? u are also asserting it was debunked with one panel (mountains)

even thou we showed u that Sasuke was above all CT yet he still couldn't saw madara

don't act like we didn't counter this part with nothing

u/imade just chose to ignore it

so its not my problem if u are going to ignore our counterarguments

and act like u debunked us

Qawsedf234,DarkDragonMedeus,AKM sama and The real cal howard agreed..all the counter arguments were debunked..and you want us to wait for one person who hasn't been active for 10 days?

Sekkonds. said:
Qawsedf234,DarkDragonMedeus,AKM sama and The real cal howard agreed..all the counter arguments were debunked..and you want us to wait for one person who hasn't been active for 10 days?
Show me where I or anyone here has asked for what I bolded out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back