• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Madara isn't an astronaut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless he spiked it like a football, there's still no reasonable way it could've made it to the ground in such a short timeframe.

so u are saying producing sound effect in outer space is impossible by no means?

if so then how come when character fight in outer space has sound effect

i never saw a outer space battles where sound is nonexistence

so do have any ans for that

Omimi said:
so u are saying producing sound effect in outer space is impossible by no means?
I'm saying that the defintion the other user provided explictly mentioned that Vwhoosh refers to the movement of air and there wouldn't be any air that far into orbit.

I mean, it's a written sound effect. That existing is no more bull than any sound existing really.

I disagree with the feat being viable, but there are far less weak reasonings than that.

The real cal howard said:
What Sigurd, Regis, and Xulrev say about the downgrade is right. As much as people want there to be, there isn't some downgrade squabble between Bleach and Naruto. Accuracy is the most important thing, not pettiness.
Hard Disagree about the Downgrade Squabble part, I dont personally care what the person's intentions are as long as it's supported but with that being said there's an Obvious Naruto vs Bleach thing, there also has been it just seems to flare up whenever one verse tends to get upgrades while the other doesnt, there's a shit ton of proof for this if you really want to dig into it, and there's a really good reason why specific members are always active in one or the others downgrade threads despite them being no shows for anything else, this goes for both Naruto and Bleach supporters.

Same reason why we banned certain Bleach and Naruto Matchups

Damage3245 said:
So the proposed scaling chain is:

Madara <- SPSM Naruto <- Kaguya <- Hamura <- Toneri <- BSM Naruto <- Toneri's Sub-Rel attack?

(Arrows don't indicate superiority here, just who is scaling to who).
Yes this is the scaling but also include Hag in it.

Qawsedf234 said:
Unless he spiked it like a football, there's still no reasonable way it could've made it to the ground in such a short timeframe.
Gonna throw this small bone in and see how it goes.

What if Madara's headband was heavier than people expected it to be?

Shadowbokunohero said:
The real cal howard said:
What Sigurd, Regis, and Xulrev say about the downgrade is right. As much as people want there to be, there isn't some downgrade squabble between Bleach and Naruto. Accuracy is the most important thing, not pettiness.
Hard Disagree about the Downgrade Squabble part, I dont personally care what the person's intentions are as long as it's supported but with that being said there's an Obvious Naruto vs Bleach thing, there also has been it just seems to flare up whenever one verse tends to get upgrades while the other doesnt, there's a shit ton of proof for this if you really want to dig into it, and there's a really good reason why specific members are always active in one or the others downgrade threads despite them being no shows for anything else, this goes for both Naruto and Bleach supporters.
Same reason why we banned certain Bleach and Naruto Matchups
Can you make a Mod only thread about this topic, so we can get a rule that says "Don't mention another series in another series thread, unless is a versus thread, and only if you're referring to one of the series involved in the thread." This way we can get people ban for not following the rules.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
ridiculous rule lol.

Is it ridiculous to create a ban on people bullying each other over some cartoons, like really? Is this was anything else it would save lives. I used to be one of those people who haves panic attacks by overstress during a conversation, so I stopped arguing all together, and decided to go outside and do a 5 mile jog each day. Helps a lot. Is been almost a year and I am feeling great even under stressful situations. That's why I am barely present here, and I will probably stop coming here after September since I am in listing for AF.

Weight isn't gonna affect how fast the headband would fall, actually.

Assuming it didn't start out lighter than air or something weird

Wokistan said:
Weight isn't gonna affect how fast the headband would fall, actually.

Assuming it didn't start out lighter than air or something weird
Someone here studied physics.

The headband could be a lot heavier than people assume, terminal velocity is not a static value, it changes depending on your cross sectional area perpendicular to the direction you travel and mass.

http://www.calctool.org/CALC/eng/aerospace/terminal

this is the calculator people should be using since it accounts for cross sectinal area, mass, density of air and drag coefficient.

That being said It doesn't really change much since the main issue is the unreliability of the shot of the moon as a frame of reference.

The weight of an object is a force. It is the force with which a body is attracted toward Earth or another celestial body. This means that when you are in space, away from Earth, objects do not weight anything since they do not feel gravitational attraction to the Earth.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Yet the terminal velocity of a human is 125 mph and an ant is 4 mph.
Terminal velocity is more attributed to air resistance stuff. Mass factors in to that a bit but it wouldn't apply with the headband example

Either way, the headband just supports the idea that he's still within the Earth's gravitational field, and so this calc is rendered invalid by that. Is there anything else to discuss before removing and rescaling profiles? Or are people still willing to cherrypick stuff and twist facts to try to avoid any changes? I see no reason as to why this hasn't been finisged already given that several staff agree already on removing the calc.

Three pages are locked. I'll message Ant in a bit if someone else doesn't.

Nobody is ignoring it, it simply is irrelevant and I believe you and those touting it as a debunk didn't actually read it, since it explicitly requires Naruto mountains to be country-sized to be a proper debunk of the points accepted thus far.

"Whereas in this one it literally tells us that Madara has to fly to the moon, we are shown how close the moon is to Madara which we can calculate."

Nothing anywhere ever says Madara has to fly to the moon. Both the databook and manga say get close to. The logic being used for this specific value also implies that Madara is directly touching the moon's surface, which is the furthest thing from the truth. Unless the feat looked like this: [1], that is factually wrong.

The revision should be applied and the thread should be closed.

Were there people who really believe that Madara traveled 340 000 kms?

Mmm, not suprised actually to see this here.

@Callsign

It's draw near not get close to.

What is that databook entry you posted proves?

The conclusion (based on AKM Sama's post up above) is that the majority of people agree the current calc is too flawed to use and should be removed from Madara's profile.

Current speed ratings won't change for the time being (as a result of this thread) but may need another thread created for them in the future.

Okay. That seems fine to apply then. Which pages would need to be updated from this?

For the moment (assuming only the calc is being removed), only Madara's profile, Part 2 Naruto's profile and Teenage Sasuke's profiles would need to be updated (the latter two to avoid circular reasoning).

Okay. Is somebody willing to update the profiles if I unlock them?

This is what the justifications should probably be once they're updated:

Naruto's speed: At least Sub-Relativistic (Considerably faster than his adult self using Kyuubi Chakra Sage Mode)

Madara's speed: At least Sub-Relativistic (Comparable to Naruto.), Speed of Light attack speed with Light Fang

Sasuke's speed: At least Sub-Relativistic (Can keep up with Six Paths Madara and had his speed praised by him)

@Qaws; technically Guy's justification wouldn't change, would it? If Madara's rating stays the same, Guy's rating would still be:

Guy's speed: At least Sub-Relativistic (Able to fight Six Paths Madara on equal grounds and took him by surprise multiple times.)

Good point. I've modified my comment for Guy's justifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back